• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

Hey, all. I finally got my account approved! I mainly registered to talk here, since this is one of the nicest DMC communities that I've found. You might know me from Youtube, Twitch, or the Sengoku BASARA videos that Trelll has linked in here in the past. I can't wait for DMC4SE to come out, and these next two weeks are going to be a painful wait. The fact that Itsuno is attending E3 gives me hope that DMC5 will at least be teased at the event.

TETSUUOOOOOOO

good to see you over here!

Well we at least got one piece of good news today.
CF5A5Iu.png

Hey, all. I finally got my account approved! I mainly registered to talk here, since this is one of the nicest DMC communities that I've found. You might know me from Youtube, Twitch, or the Sengoku BASARA videos that Trelll has linked in here in the past. I can't wait for DMC4SE to come out, and these next two weeks are going to be a painful wait. The fact that Itsuno is attending E3 gives me hope that DMC5 will at least be teased at the event.

Welcome to Gaf :)

My account was also approved today! Just in time to bask in the glory that is DMC4SE

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If I read it correctly, there is a questionnaire included with either the boxed version of DMC4SE that asks about the future of the series. Also the comment box for the art book says something about there being a "passionate plea" from Itsuno regarding future iterations.

At the end of the interview, Itsuno says something like "It's been 7 years since 4 was released, and we finally did the Special Edition. That said, I don't know if I can make more of the numbered series. In order to not wait another seven years or to let this be it, please support DMC4SE and voice your messages of hope for the series' continuation."

What the fuck is this shit? Don't do this to my fucking heart, Itsuno.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

TreIII

Sup man! Welcome aboard.

I think that interview is just PR speak. Remastering an eight year old game and putting it on modern consoles is the best sign that they intend on continuing the franchise. The social media accounts for the franchise have been incredibly active over the past few months too. If anything, they're waiting for the series to be in the public eye again before announcing anything, but hopefully I'm proven wrong later this week.

I also wanted to point out that you guys have the best collection of DMC reaction/meme images that I've found. I've been checking this thread daily for a long while just to collect them all.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think that interview is just PR speak. Remastering an eight year old game and putting it on modern consoles is the best sign that they intend on continuing the franchise. The social media accounts for the franchise have been incredibly active over the past few months too. If anything, they're waiting for the series to be in the public eye again before announcing anything, but hopefully I'm proven wrong later this week.

I also wanted to point out that you guys have the best collection of DMC reaction/meme images that I've found. I've been checking this thread daily for a long while just to collect them all.

This summer is legitimately the perfect time for them to announce the game. There are so many DMC related releases, crossovers, books in the west. I'm hoping it's just PR talk. The only thing that gives me pause is the inclusion of that paper survey.

My account was also approved today! Just in time to bask in the glory that is DMC4SE

Welcome welcome!

Akiller

Welcome to the party !

Sephzilla

This summer is legitimately the perfect time for them to announce the game. There are so many DMC related releases, crossovers, books in the west. I'm hoping it's just PR talk. The only thing that gives me pause is the inclusion of that paper survey.

yeah this worries me too

welcome_zps39e2fdd9.gif

Astral Dog

A survey? at this point we will be lucky if DMC 5 comes at the end of the generation :(

Welcome! now we can cry together when nothing is announced this E3

Until TGS that is, when the hype carriage begins anew..

kyo_strife

Neo Member
Hi GAF! Thought I'd drop in as well.

I’ve found an interesting piece on Sankei last weekend, that says Capcom is using a brand new technology to create 3D CG models. This method is based on 100 cameras and sounds like it makes character modelling cheaper and much faster than before. If I understand this right, that previously took half a year for the designers can now be accomplished in a few days.
Source: http://www.sankei.com/west/news/150604/wst1506040018-n2.html

Since my Japanese is really rusty, can anyone confirm this? Could be huge for DMC5.

ArjanN

Welcome new juniors. :)

Careful not to fuck up during the E3 hype. E3 tends to bring out the crazy in people here. :p

Hmm, DMC4SE release timing is actually pretty good, just after you realize all the stuff they showed at E3 is still at least like half a year away.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that interview. There's no way DMC4SE gets made without them seriously thinking about continuing the OG series soon after its release. DMC5 will probably be announced in the near future. Just gotta be patient.

If there's one mod I'm hoping for in SE, it would have to be training mode. I got a lot of views back on vanilla DMC4 for being somewhat competent at the game, but my Dante play is at entry level still because I didn't get access to the PC version and debug mode until just a few months ago. You have to wonder how the metagame for DMC4 would be like if the debug mode was never created. Only the most hardcore players had the patience to grind mission 12 over and over to get better with Dante.

Sesha

Welcome all newcomers.

Capcom you wanna know what you should be doing for DMC5... get a Skype chat going with me. Open up a dialogue with the community. Hell post a PUBLIC ONLINE SURVEY that everyone can use. But don't do this pen/paper physical copy purchase only survey BULL SHIT!

I'm for this. Heck, there should be something like a DMC council, lol. You and LHK should obviously be among them. Who else, though? Brea? Kail? Donguri?

If I read it correctly, there is a questionnaire included with either the boxed version of DMC4SE that asks about the future of the series. Also the comment box for the art book says something about there being a "passionate plea" from Itsuno regarding future iterations.

At the end of the interview, Itsuno says something like "It's been 7 years since 4 was released, and we finally did the Special Edition. That said, I don't know if I can make more of the numbered series. In order to not wait another seven years or to let this be it, please support DMC4SE and voice your messages of hope for the series' continuation."

i7rc9WBFxBbJS.gif

Damn it all to hell.

Son Of D

Did BumblebeeCody get banned again? What did he do this time?

I'm willing to guess it was this post in the Smash thread:

"Surprise, we're putting Melee on the game as a small DLC so now you can finally play a good game while having to keep the disc so then we can still pretend that people who kept the Smash4 disc actually like it..GameCube adapters officially stopped in production though."
I'd be down for that.

Glad to see GAF activating a lot of DMC enthusiasts accounts including myself.
been lurking for almost a year and I hope the time of activation is no coincidence.

Itsuno wat u doin?!

Tyler-Durden-Takes-off-sunglasses-shock-Fight-Club.gif

you are supposed to be the chosen one and announce DMC5...
instead we get this

I'm starting to think it won't be at E3, but I will have my eyes glued on the Sony conference because that's where I assume it will be revealed. Also sounds like PG might not be a big game reveal (like MGR2 or Bayonetta 3). I mean what big games have been revealed on IGN's stream?

I'm starting to think it won't be at E3, but I will have my eyes glued on the Sony conference because that's where I assume it will be revealed. Also sounds like PG might not be a big game reveal (like MGR2 or Bayonetta 3). I mean what big games have been revealed on IGN's stream?

Wonderful 101 >_>

i-Jest

The fuck we need to fill out a questionnaire for? And especially one that is on the back of a god damn art book that very few people will actually buy.

Put out an online survey for this shit if you have to.

And not this shit again with hostage holding of a franchise. "Please buy these re-releases, then buy this artbook then fill out this survey then maybe we can make DMC5". DMC4 selling 3 million wasn't enough? How many times do the fans have to make their voices heard?

The end is nigh.

I'll still hold a candle out for questionnaires to appear on Capcom Unity's website. I mean, you'd think sales numbers in the past were enough. Now we gotta prove it AGAIN plus fill out a survey that most might not get. I suppose one would say that the old sales data is to outdated, for the company to seriously pursue development of a new DMC, more recent numbers are required.

That survey is meaningless, and so is him asking for you to fill it out. One way or another, Itsuno knows where a DMC sequel stands. He's likely already making it and if not, then he knows nothing other than surprisingly great sales of DMC4:SE will change minds and reverse decisions at Capcom.

There is no way they decided to prominently push these two games, upgrade them, and re-release them for no good reason. They are taking care of and promoting this as one of their major properties, I can't see a sequel not already being in the works.

I fucking hope so. I've put in a preorder on PSN. If the Canadian dollar wasn't in such bad shape, I'd be importing a physical copy too. I still might do that a little later on though.

Dahbomb

Donguri, the god of DMC4 Dante, is streaming right now. If you need an incentive to get new underwear or just want to see the game played at the highest level, get in here now.

http://www.twitch.tv/donguri9902nd
Prep time for DMC4SE.

I already said before but you guys can bet that the Vergil stuff is going to be insane. Can't promise much for Trish or Lady as they are limited characters but I know the potential of Vergil.

Shit is going to be TIGHT!

I'm back from my self-imposed exile... only to find JC with his account on the line (again) and Bumblebee Cody banned (again). Never change, guys.

And welcome to darkslayer101, Tetsuo9999, and WalshyB!

Top Bottom