• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

NateDrake

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Did you ever find out if your interview was with the development team or Capcom USA? Should we lookout anywhere in particular for the interview?

Actually still waiting on details from it. Was delayed due to E3 scheduling and other factors. Should know more this week, or so I'm told.

DMC4:SE opening movie sequence. Some Dante, Vergil, Nero, Lady, and Trish gameplay is mixed in there. Will capture some gameplay either later this week or over the weekend. I love the music in this game.

https://youtu.be/kmbWNBtj7nU

I see no better time to reveal DMC5 especially with that intro bringing back so much feelz...

This is really cool combo..

https://youtu.be/RKKYbar7wgo

looks like I will be hitting the dojo hard in less than 2 weeks.

I have a concern that Sony might want them to have Capcom hold onto their cards for TGS. The console market is larger outside of Japan but Sony needs something for TGS.

Sesha

Guys, I just had a disappointing thought. What if the Platinum games tease is DMC5?

Look at this tweet. "Make you cry" is a pretty odd statement regarding a game announcement. Now combine that with the "seeing red" tweet.

Bleh, don't care for Lady's new voice. Also seeing them fight Scarecrow's right outside of Dante's office is a bit weird. So demons are just running around? Man, the DMC world is even more of nightmarish than we thought.

NateDrake

Guys, I just had a disappointing thought. What if the Platinum games tease is DMC5?

Look at this tweet. "Make you cry" is a pretty odd statement regarding a game announcement. Now combine that with the "seeing red" tweet.

Bleh, don't care for Lady's new voice. Also seeing them fight Scarecrow's right outside of Dante's office is a bit weird. So demons are just running around? Man, the DMC world is even more of nightmarish than we thought.

Kellam said not to take his Tweets as hints. They don't mean anything.

Astral Dog

The anime was the same, Demons are everywhere you would think why the demon world is considered "sealed"

is that a new line for Dante I'm hearing? or is it just rehash of other lines?
The "yeeeahh" ? thats the only new part.

The anime was the same, Demons are everywhere you would think why the demon world is considered "sealed"

It could also be something like that the demons are attracted to Dante, Trish, Vergil etc., moreso than others. So wherever they go, the demons go.

thought his "This is gonna get ugly" line is also new or am I imagining things?

The longer it goes without DMC5 getting leaked the more worried get

I mean shit the Last Guardian got "leaked"

Well if you look in the previous 10 or so pgs in this thread, some folk have their account on the line for DMC5 to be shown at E3...

I have too much respect for Platinum's work to say that if they were involved in DMC5 I'd call that a disappointment. While Rising doesn't necessarily flow with the DMC design, and Bayonetta can be a little bit God of War-ish at times, it's obvious that the designers at Platinum know action. Also, Itsuno has proven he's capable as a consultant. He guided Ninja Theory of all developers to make DmC, a game which has an incredible combat system that is only beaten by Capcom and Platinum Games, and what used to be Team Ninja. Imagine Itsuno consulting developers who already have a pedigree in action with no geographic or language barrier.

Son Of D

The longer it goes without DMC5 getting leaked the more worried get

I mean shit the Last Guardian got "leaked"

That or Capcom's got a real tight hold on their stuff. Although SFV info leaked out so that might not be true (although you could argue that info about SFV leaked from Sony).

Sesha

There's never been much of any serious TLG "re-reveal" buzz that I can remember. But now we've had a Sony insider hint at a re-reveal here on GAF, as well as that Guardian article. I believe it's happening.

I have too much respect for Platinum's work to say that if they were involved in DMC5 I'd call that a disappointment. While Rising doesn't necessarily flow with the DMC design, and Bayonetta can be a little bit God of War-ish at times, it's obvious that the designers at Platinum know action. Also, Itsuno has proven he's capable as a consultant. He guided Ninja Theory of all developers to make DmC, a game which has an incredible combat system that is only beaten by Capcom and Platinum Games, and what used to be Team Ninja. Imagine Itsuno consulting developers who already have a pedigree in action with no geographic or language barrier.

I love Platinum, but I want Itsuno and his team to make DMC5. I've been waiting almost 10 years for a worthy follow-up to DMC3. I'd be quite disappointed if we were snubbed once again. Not saying Platinum couldn't deliver, but I want to see what Itsuno and his team can do after all this time, especially after working on Dragon's Dogma and DmC.

This is really cool combo..

https://youtu.be/RKKYbar7wgo

You know what would be great, if somebody could replicate that same combo string/sequence with DmC's Vergil against an enemy. And try to replicate the pacing and speed to be analogous as best as possible. Then splice the two videos together.

It would create a nice video demonstration that would highlight certain subtleties in regards to combat design. And how the smallest things like sound effects, visual effects, hit-pausing and animation can create two very different "feels" when it comes to combat.

By and large, Ninja Theorys Vergil could pretty much pull off the same combo string as that video linked above in DMC4:SE.

Dahbomb

Them going through the effort of re-casting Lady for the role for a re-release is even more evidence that DMC5 is in the works.

Also someone needs to gif Dante getting surprised his pizza is finished.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also someone needs to gif Dante getting surprised his pizza is finished.

Until someone provides better quality:
7nPW8mf.gif

Sesha

By this point we don't need any more hints towards DMC5's existence. We know it's coming for sure. We only need an announcement, ASAP. And hype. Lots and lots of hype.

Golnei

Definitely the most tragic point in the series if we're being honest. The emotion on his face is just so real. The pizza was there for him, until it was gone.

It's almost Shakespearean, in a way. His futile grasp for the absent slice draws an evocative parallel to Tamora's grief and shock after consuming the baked remnants of her sons.

Top Bottom