• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 sells 2 million worldwide

ezekial45

Banned
Excellent news! This should encourage them to make some DLC.

I just hope Dante will be in the next one. I'm kinda worried Kobayashi said they could make a DMC game without him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ezekial45 said:
Excellent news! This should encourage them to make some DLC.

I just hope Dante will be in the next one. I'm kinda worried Kobayashi said they could make a DMC game without him.
Well, Nero DOES play better than Dante :)

Dahbomb

These are shipped not sold numbers (I think most people know this already) but still impressive all around. Definitely the best numbers in the series and the fastest seller. Capcom projected 1.8 million and they appear to have surpassed that mark. Should go even higher when more people get PS3s and the game drops in price. :D

ezekial45

Banned
Seiken said:
Well, Nero DOES play better than Dante :)

Well they designed most of the game around him. Why wouldn't he play a little better? I just don't want Kobayashi to use this game to nudge out Dante from the series.

Dahbomb

Dante is still well designed, when you start playing around as him in Bloody Palace and start using all his moves upgraded then you realize what a beast he is. He has all the options he needs to defeat any opponent in the game. Dante has an easier time against Blitz than Nero does.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Rapping Granny said:
Tecmo sees this.

Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma for PS3 at winter 08.

Even though I want this to happen I don't think it will and if it does come on and bring DOABVEX!!!!! :D

Dragon

Banned
Elhandro said:
I'm sure this was forwarded to Konami and Square...................

-Its about time everybody jumped in.

So that 1/6 of them can't play their copy on their 360 because it's broken?

/spin

ezekial45

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Dante is still well designed, when you start playing around as him in Bloody Palace and start using all his moves upgraded then you realize what a beast he is. He has all the options he needs to defeat any opponent in the game. Dante has an easier time against Blitz than Nero does.

I'm not saying he isn't. I think Capcom did a decent job with implementing him into the game. I'm just saying that a lot of the enemies were design around nero's abilities with the Devil Bringer and it made it a little awkward fighting them for the first time with Dante. As we all obviously know, what Dante lacks with Nero's abilities he makes up for with raw power. Which makes some of the enemies you fight much easier with him than Nero.

Just to make clear, i think that Nero is a great character. Both story and gameplay wise. I just don't want to see Dante pushed to the side. He really does deserve better than that.

SMZC

Dahbomb said:

I disagree with the Blitz statement. Using the Devil Bringer it's fairly easy to take out a Blitz before he even has the time to enter into his berserker mode, not to mention that taking out his shield with Blue Rose charged at level 3 is as effective as doing it with Dante's guns. Much safer, too (you can just run around until it's completely charged).

bluheim

Banned
Jokeropia said:
What is more indicative of RE sales? DMC sales, or RE sales?

That said, RE5 is not changing platforms this far into development.

And changing platform from where to where, by the way ? PS3/360 to PS3/360 ?

Dahbomb

SMZC said:
I disagree with the Blitz statement. Using the Devil Bringer it's fairly easy to take out a Blitz before he even has the time to enter into his berserker mode, not to mention that taking out his shield with Blue Rose charged at level 3 is as effective as doing it with Dante's guns. Much safer, too (you can just run around until it's completely charged).
Dante's Omen/Revenge moves with Pandorra strip off Blitz's electricity without much hassle. And before that you can use Royal Guard to save up some charge from his attacks and punish him along with some Devil Trigger energy.

On DMD mode Blitz with Nero takes too long to beat especially when you are charging those L3 shots. With Dante it's just a lot easier generally speaking.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I didn't bother reading through three pages, but the game SHIPPED 2M. It says so in the official PR. Good job on the BS, GameSpot!

Fastest Selling Game In the DMC Series to Reach This Milestone
SAN MATEO, Calif — February 20, 2008 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Devil May Cry ® 4, the latest installment in the Devil May Cry series, has shipped over two million units worldwide since its recent release for both for Sony Computer Entertainment’s PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. A PC version of the game will be released in the coming months.

So over a million copies of dead rising, lost planet for 360.
DMC on 360 and PS3 selling huge
PS3 port of lost planet for a little extra cash
Phoenix wright on DS
monster hunter best selling game opn PSP
RE:4, zak and wiki, RE shooter game on wii.

massive success across all platforms and still lots in the pipeline!

bring on million selling SF4!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
C- Warrior said:

Well, that's what Tecmo's IR pages say. I don't know what Black or Sigma or whatever other version sold.
In NA, It was something like 850k. The article was with Bizdaily's top 100 selling games of last gen. It was between the Black and Normal version...so it probably sold over a million if that held true

gconsole

shintoki said:
In NA, It was something like 850k. The article was with Bizdaily's top 100 selling games of last gen. It was between the Black and Normal version...so it probably sold over a million if that held true

Really ? I remember that the original sold around 500K or something. Not including Black and Sigma.

FrankT

shintoki said:

Aye, Wiki has it as 1.5 million between Black and the Normal.

Ashhong

favouriteflavour said:
So over a million copies of dead rising, lost planet for 360.
DMC on 360 and PS3 selling huge
PS3 port of lost planet for a little extra cash
Phoenix wright on DS
monster hunter best selling game opn PSP
RE:4, zak and wiki, RE shooter game on wii.

massive success across all platforms and still lots in the pipeline!

bring on million selling SF4!

dont know why you listed zack and wiki...wasn't that a huuuge bomba?

Kintaro said:
Nice. Means DMC4: SE is definitely incoming.

This needs to happen. Either that or DLC. I feel the hankering to play the entire game through with either Dante or Nero. That...or Lady and Trish playable levels.

Pimpbaa

Livin_Lovin said:
This needs to happen. Either that or DLC. I feel the hankering to play the entire game through with either Dante or Nero. That...or Lady and Trish playable levels.

Hell yeah, that'd be sweet.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Livin_Lovin said:
Wouldn't it be impossible to progress through the Nero levels without the Snatch ability?

Narag

Chamber said:
Wouldn't it be impossible to progress through the Nero levels without the Snatch ability?

Add in jump platforms like Dante's return trip through levels. Problem solved.

Darkpen

Banned
C- Warrior said:
2 million sold capcom, give us some free DLC, for fucks sake just give us DLC, free or not.
in a 1up interview, they said they're not releasing any DLC whatsoever for DMC4, saying that its a "complete product"

:|

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
RiZ III said:
Where is my next gen onimusha >_>

Oh shit that would be awesome now that you remind me of that, but I highly doubt they are going to bust out with man Capcom seems to be focusing on the western markets more now and that game was super eastern style.

Oh shit that would be awesome now that you remind me of that, but I highly doubt they are going to bust out with man Capcom seems to be focusing on the western markets more now and that game was super eastern style.

Why not? Onimusha is by far and large a much bigger franchise worldwide then DMC.

Narag

Darkpen said:
in a 1up interview, they said they're not releasing any DLC whatsoever for DMC4, saying that its a "complete product"

:|

A sizable community may convince them otherwise to offer more support.

Top Bottom