• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 sells 2 million worldwide

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Why not? Onimusha is by far and large a much bigger franchise worldwide then DMC.

Don't take me wrong I actually want to see a sequel to it especially HD-gen stuff but I don't know about Capcom. Come on Capcom surprise me and bring me Onimusha!

gconsole

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Why not? Onimusha is by far and large a much bigger franchise worldwide then DMC.

Onimusha is more popular than DMC only in japan. And that's not the case now because the last game did not sell well (or reach Capcom expectation). Worldwide sale, DMC beat Onimusha by the way.

Well if Capcom brings Onimusha into this gen as they did DMC, I can see sales going beyond the previous iterations. Plus it would also surely be multiplatform.

Come on now, it's Capcom, do you really think they're not going to try to milk every one of their major series sometime this gen?

If Capcom can go out there and take a risk with Lost Planet and Dead Rising and get millions, then I don't see a reason not to try a next gen version of Onimusha, especially since they are bold enough to create Bionic Commando. They could make the dark mix of Ninja Gaiden, God of War, and Resident Evil, make it multi console, and sell millions.

slade

I want a next gen Onimusha too but I'd rather they take the idea and name it something else. Onimusha 4 pretty much resolved everything and had a pretty tight ending. I don't want them to mess it up by trying to continue the storyline or adding more unnecessary characters into the mix.

Kagari said:
Well, IIRC DMC3 sold around 1.5 million on a 100+million PS2 install base if that means anything.

Doesn't mean anything. What percentage of people with a CD player bought last years best selling album? 0.2%?

Jokeropia

favouriteflavour said:
My inderstanding is that it has exceeded expectations in overseas sales. Anyone?
I don't think they ever revealed their expectations for the game, but Capcom expressed satisfaction with the sales in their financial report and noted that it "grew steadily".

maskrider

IMHO, DMC4 deserves to sell that much (should be more). It is THE action game of this type so far with "mostly" 60fps performance and appreciable graphics.

Another IMHO, all next gen games should be designed with 60fps in mind. Settling for less is a failure.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Next gen onimusha NEEDS to happen. Like Now.

They need to start fresh with a new character and story (AND ONLY ONE CHARACTER NOT 20).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Forceatowulf said:

They need to start fresh with a new character and story (AND ONLY ONE CHARACTER NOT 20).
Please Capcom. Please. Onimusha 5... please. If you read this, I promise I will buy it THREE times. Please...

Narag

Mrbob said:
The game doesn't have any hooks though to download DLC.
If you mean technically its not feasiable, forgive, but if you meant gameplay, I'd take a playable vergil, the ability to play with each character through all levels, previous weapons from others games (Beowulf > Gilgamesh), and even another Bloody Palace to run through.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Forceatowulf said:

no thanks, right now....

Resident Evil 5: "All of resources are belong to us"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
~Devil Trigger~ said:
no thanks, right now....

Resident Evil 5: "All of resources are belong to us"
Capcom worked on DMC4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising simultaneously. RE5 and Oni 5 is easy for Capgod!
maskrider said:
IMHO, DMC4 deserves to sell that much (should be more).
lol, it's only been out for a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom