• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

lupinko

Apparently they added some random licensed songs that cause Youtube uploads to be ContentID matched. The worst part about this is that one of these songs appears in the first ten floors of the Bloody Palace. Anyone who's partnered on Youtube or just doesn't want ads on their videos will have to either mod the song out, or play the game with the music muted and edit in a song that won't get matched instead. Perhaps the international version won't have the rights to those songs? I sure hope so because it's going to be a pain if those songs play at random.

Random? Pfffft, L'Arc en Ciel ain't random!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IDHDiyFpdCI

ezekial45

Banned
Was at E3 for most of the week. Glad to see the thread up. I've been playing the game for the last couple weeks. It's pretty awesome, you guys will love it.

Dahbomb

It's 25 dollars. Even if the last third of the game pisses you off, half campaign with 5 characters is more value than your typical 'open - world collectathon' brings at 60 dollars plus a 30 dollar season pass.
That's pretty debatable. Sure DMC4 might have more "value" than a shitty Ubisoft game but compared to Witcher 3, DMC4 dwarfs in comparison.

PC preload is up on steam, don't know if it's been mentioned. 12 GB download, 25 gigs after installed.
Edit: whoops, didn't notice last page.

Dahbomb

What difficulty should I start on to unlock the super variants or whatever they're called?
You have to beat the game on Dante Must Die mode to unlock super costumes (unless they changed the unlockables for SE).

You can unlock DMD mode by beating Devil Hunter (highest default difficulty) and then beating Son of Sparda. So you have to beat the game at least 3 times on the hardest available difficulties.

Or you can pay real money to unlock Super Costumes.

You have to beat the game on Dante Must Die mode to unlock super costumes (unless they changed the unlockables for SE).

You can unlock DMD mode by beating Devil Hunter (highest default difficulty) and then beating Son of Sparda. So you have to beat the game at least 3 times on the hardest available difficulties.

Or you can pay real money to unlock Super Costumes.

The swerve

Arjac

Steam Pre-load is finished, ready to go!

Anyways, can anyone identify the song they used in the Lady and Trish combat intros?
https://youtu.be/pwK5gI88gZE?t=201
I don't remember hearing this in DMC4 vanilla, but it's been a while
if this is new, then kudos, because this is my favorite DMC combat theme right now.

jediyoshi

S3rFZYn.png

sogood.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Ordered the physical copy from Play-Asia. Just a quick question, is it ever revealed whether or not Vergil is Nero's father?

To anyone who already has the game:

- anyone know what patch 1.01 does?
- Unless my eyes were fooling me, I am fairly positive that I have done 4/5/6-spin ex-streaks with Nero on LDK mode. Anyone care to corroborate?

Dahbomb

That Trish's pull is faster than I thought. It's basically Nero's Devil Bringer speed only it's capable of pulling in more enemies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
M1JqpGq.png
Probably just another troll, but...

Did GMG say when the keys are going to be up?

No but they're usually up around launch.

To anyone who already has the game:

- anyone know what patch 1.01 does?
- Unless my eyes were fooling me, I am fairly positive that I have done 4/5/6-spin ex-streaks with Nero on LDK mode. Anyone care to corroborate?

There's already a live patch? Would you mind recording the streaks if you're on console and it's convenient?

Anteater

M1JqpGq.png
Probably just another troll, but...

I'd say it's a troll that's a bit different than his usual ones, don't know if he's just less grumpy now, but back then he wasn't able to make much jokes about it, he just tell people to stop mentioning dmc and ask capcom.

No but they're usually up around launch.

bah, I want to preload it :(

Pics_nao

Forgot this was releasing in Tuesday. Just preordered it off of PSN. Won't be able to play it until next weekend though. Hopefully preload actually works. Never did play DMC4 so I'm pretty damn excited to play this.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I found it here https://twitter.com/VanguardXZ/status/612217860518191105 I don't think it's super Nero because at the end Neros sword isn't red and super Nero always has max act.

I made a post on Capcom-Unity about it.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_m...1/30530313/dmc4se-balance-changes-or-glitches

Maybe they can provide some answers. I'd really be curious to see if they've just been keeping a few small changes to Dante and Nero a secret this whole time.

Top Bottom