• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Coda

Wish I was ripping this game right now. A day away from a video game release day is always the worst day.

Coda

So I'm definitely putting the 20% speed boost on right away but what do you guys feel about the extra enemies option? Should I not bother with that right away or put it on immediately? I played DMC4 when it came out originally so I'm fairly competent with the gameplay. Is there any perks to putting that option on other than the chaos of more enemies?

Mr. X

So I'm definitely putting the 20% speed boost on right away but what do you guys feel about the extra enemies option? Should I not bother with that right away or put it on immediately? I played DMC4 when it came out originally so I'm fairly competent with the gameplay. Is there any perks to putting that option on other than the chaos of more enemies?

There's an option for more enemies and not just LDK difficulty?

DMC4:SE Should have given more toggle options like DmC:DE.. Toggle on more enemies (but not LDK levels), toggle enemy health and aggressiveness levels..

I guess I misunderstood that mode, so it's just more difficult with more enemies as well?

It's an extra difficulty added in the original PC version, it can easily be considered the hardest difficulty because you can die really fast and it's hard to keep track of all on-screen enemies even though they are equivalent to Sons of Sparda enemies

Sephzilla

I'll probably stream Tuesday but I won't be that good.

Haha, didn't know you were on GAF. Used to see you on Destructoid comments all the time back when DmC released.

24th can't come soon enough.
*Bows*

I find it funny that dumping on DmC basically became my equivalent to a pro wrestling gimmick on Dtoid.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You're all good people for buying multiple copies. Spread the love!

For me personally, one Pizza Box Edition, one Asian edition, one Steam copy, one PSN copy, and one XBone copy.

I don't own an Xbone yet.

xewind

I just pre-ordered the game on PS4 and currently doing the pre-loading. Got Tuesday and Wednesday off from work, so should be playing this a lot.

Can't wait to go back to DMC4.

ezekial45

Banned
Just make sure to turn on Turbo mode in the options. It's still tucked away in the game options setting. I really wished they'd take a cue from DmC:DE and put it all in the mission menu.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Question, how much is the NA digital version suppose to cost?

Cause the Asian PSN has it at SG$50 which is roughly US$37.58

The NA digital is $25, but the Japanese version is higher priced, closer to $30-35. It will depend on your region ultimately. We're getting a discount since we're digital only across the board.

The NA digital is $25, but the Japanese version is higher priced, closer to $30-35. It will depend on your region ultimately. We're getting a discount since we're digital only across the board.

Hmmm, then for this price I really should try to look for a physical copy... But I thought only the Japanese would have physical, or do the Asian version also have one?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
for those who got the pizza box edition, when do you expect it to arrive?

also I am curious about the survey included in it.

I know I won't be getting it for a while. I don't think you have to worry. As soon as someone has it, they'll post about it in here.

Hmmm, then for this price I really should try to look for a physical copy... But I thought only the Japanese would have physical, or do the Asian version also have one?

Yes, Asia has a physical version. It's the version most people are importing.

Seik

Banned
Soooo, yeah, copy shipped from Play-Asia last week.

Since I'm hyped for this, and how lucky I am, it'll be here probably no longer than...3 weeks? ;_;

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Soooo, yeah, copy shipped from Play-Asia last week.

Since I'm hyped for this, and how lucky I am, it'll be here probably no longer than...3 weeks? ;_;

Did you check your tracking? I chose the cheapest option from Play-Asia, and it should only take a week max for my Asian version. It'll arrive by wednesday.

Do preloads also unlock whenever Grace Chen feels like it?

I've never pre-ordered on PSN before. Doesn't the countdown mean it'll unlock once it hits zero?

I've never pre-ordered on PSN before. Doesn't the countdown mean it'll unlock once it hits zero?
The countdown, yes, though that is separate from an actual pre-load which is determined on a by publisher basis.

I sincerely hope it does get an actual pre load soon, since it would be 9 PM PST for me when the game unlocks and I could get a couple hours in before heading to bed. No way do I want to wait until the following morning to get started.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The countdown, yes, though that is separate from an actual pre-load which is determined on a by publisher basis.

I sincerely hope it does get an actual pre load soon, since it would be 9 PM PST for me when the game unlocks and I could get a couple hours in before heading to bed. No way do I want to wait until the following morning to get started.

Hm, the pre-load started earlier today on PSN in NA. Hopefully it's the same for you sooner rather than later.

I was able to preload my copy of DMC4:SE already.. I hope it unlocks at 9PM PST, last time I waited for something to unlock on PSN it didn't happen...

Dugna

Got myself a copy and my friend a copy of this game on PS4 now just to wait, so I did my part much as I could for DMC5

Everybody here as soon we can play the game

wwAd2rl.gif

schick85

Any word on how long the campaigns are for Trish and Vigil? Might consider preordering depending on the length of them both.

Sectus

Any mods people here are hoping will be made for PC version? Once PC version is out, I think the first thing I'll work on is an easy way to swap the generic combat music with other tracks.

Golnei

Any mods people here are hoping will be made for PC version? Once PC version is out, I think the first thing I'll work on is an easy way to swap the generic combat music with other tracks.

Will that also be able to circumvent the loop points of existing tracks? The current restrictions make actual music replacement kind of limited.

Top Bottom