• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 apparently releasing on April 17th? So says Daeity!

daeity's post about the leak

According to "MMORPG Italy", the Italian branch of Blizzard Entertainment have just revealed the Release Date and Price of the game. (Thanks for the heads up Anonymous.)

The game will be releasing on Tuesday, April 17 and the prices are €54.90 for the Standard Edition and €89.90 for the CE.

Interestingly, this wasn't the usual retailer estimation, but rather it allegedly came from Blizzard directly and it was sent to several large retailers prematurely. It also came along with their price structure which was something that never accompanied any of the other retailer Release Date "leaks", but it's something that has always accompanied that Release Date announcement. (That's the part I found most interesting.)

The release of this new information seems awfully close to the predicted (by Incgamers and some other whispers) March 5th release date announcement, but the release would be only 1 month away which would be quite unusual for Blizzard given their past minimum 2 months. It's something I've discussed in the past (a compressed timeline), so I'll have more to say on the subject if this Release Date ends up being true.

original source - MMORPG italy

(google translated - thanks xanathus!)

Activision has revealed Italy to several large retailers Italian release date, some yet to be confirmed at the world average by Blizzard but rather than trust, of Diablo III . This would be the April 17, and prices are now set at € 54.90 for the standard edition and € 89.90 for the Collector.
Since the source is the Italian branch of the same publisher, I would say that after Easter to all the fans who are eagerly awaiting the release of the game will be more than positive. The rest of the dungeon crawler par excellence is almost ready for some time, and the latest statements have been conducted to art to increase even more hype.

also, jay wilson was asked on twitter yesterday, "on a scale of 1 to 10, (1=not even close, 10=imminent,) how close are we to that all important #D3 announcement? :)" and he replied simply, "9."

edit - someone else asked jay wilson if he can "debunk or confirm the rumor of april 17th?" and he replied "i cannot debunk or confirm." plus, gamestop UK and amazon italy both have it listed for april 17th!

we will see on monday (3/5/2012) if blizzard gives us a release date! i will be a happy camper if they do.

Xanathus

You should really have posted the original source rather than someone's blog repost.
http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/content.php?3417-Diablo-III-Fuori-il-17-Aprile!&

google translate from italian
Activision has revealed Italy to several large retailers Italian release date, some yet to be confirmed at the world average by Blizzard but rather than trust, of Diablo III . This would be the April 17, and prices are now set at € 54.90 for the standard edition and € 89.90 for the Collector.
Since the source is the Italian branch of the same publisher, I would say that after Easter to all the fans who are eagerly awaiting the release of the game will be more than positive. The rest of the dungeon crawler par excellence is almost ready for some time, and the latest statements have been conducted to art to increase even more hype.

oneils

done and done.

Maybe post a link of your new thread into the Beta thread, as well. Might help get more Diablo III enthusiasts in on the hype!

Can't wait for this. This is going to sound strange, but I have never played Diablo or Diablo II. I am a big fan of Titan Quest and Torchlight, though. Can't wait for a new 3D Action RPG. It looks great.

Negator

Please be true, Please be true, Please be true, Please be true, Please be true, Please be true, Please be true

It would be perfect timing for me
to fail my exams

i_want_to.jpg

Really, I do.

Tucah

you speak so well
I hope it's true but I never trust Blizzard rumored release dates until they're officially confirmed.

Man 55€ is a hefty price to ask for. I'll probably still get it on day 1.

Meh, PC games have been around or about €50,- for ages now. If anything I'm surprised the prices haven't really increased over the last few years.

And honestly, I would have paid double that for Diablo II back in 2000. Would have been a fucking steal too considering the fact that it remained fun for over a decade.

Anyway, April 17th is a good date. I hope they allow a little more choice and diversity in skill allocation/unlocking and the UI before they release it.

Cipherr

Man 55€ is a hefty price to ask for. I'll probably still get it on day 1.

Really though? For this kind of game? This isnt some 8 hour and your done sort of game though. And theres no monthly fee. People will be playing this for years. Its one of the few types of games I dont mind paying a decent price for. The replay value, and dollars to hours played ratio is insane.

people talk about this date as though it was actually confirmed hmm

should i get ready to party or hold my horses?

think i'm gonna go with the latter on this one ...

people talk about this date as though it was actually confirmed hmm

should i get ready to party or hold my horses?

think i'm gonna go with the latter on this one ...

I think people are thinking this date is legit simply because it isn't a placeholder 1st or 15th of the month date. The fact that it is a Tuesday adds credibility. But again, any one can say "hey Diablo 3 is coming out Next tuesday!"

I really have a hard time imagining they'd announce the release date only 4-5 weeks before it comes out. Hopefully this is true but I'm expecting it to be "misinformation" or typical spin like that.

kinberg

Neo Member
Hope this is true but unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time I got my hopes up for a Diablo III release date which later was proved to be wrong.

Top Bottom