• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 apparently releasing on April 17th? So says Daeity!

It would have to go gold within the next week or two to make that date.

Not really. The game requires internet to play, so having a day 1 patch to bring it current is easy enough to do. They could have everything printed and boxed already. Hell, they could have had them printed and boxed for months at this point.

Tymerend

Seems way, way early if true. Not that I would mind, of course, been wanting this forever.

And poor Torchlight 2 if that date gets confirmed.

Yaska

I thought prices were confirmed earlier? I mean 80€ for CE was confirmed here in Finland few weeks ago o.o

~Kinggi~

Banned
Seems way, way early if true. Not that I would mind, of course, been wanting this forever.

And poor Torchlight 2 if that date gets confirmed.

Well i am hoping Blizzard is favoring the idea of a sudden release date announcement that is soon to offset all the horrible delays and long dev cycle. Maybe at the end they figure by saying 'hey guys it out next month' they will be able to restart the hype train in a favorable way.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It seems weird to be releasing it so soon when they're still giving out beta codes.

Not really. They said the beta would be running until just before the full game ships.

Looks like they updated the date. WTF

BcfSy.png

zroid

Banned
nononono too soon D:

Push it to June when I can actually afford the CE.

edit: LOL missed the *revised* date. BRILLIANT!

RkOwnage

Cmon now, if you've followed Blizzard at all in their history, you know not to believe any specific dates unless it comes from them specifically. I am not saying this isn't true, but hold out just a little bit longer, Jay Wilson on Twitter indicated an all important D3 announcement is right around the corner, me thinks it's the date everyone's been waiting on.

Junie12

HOLY SHIT!!! That soon?

Thank god I didn't spend my savings then, I always carried a shred of hope that this game would come out soon. And now my patience might finally be rewarded
3AQmK.gif

Lionheart

Dutch retailer Bart Smit mentions a release date of April 19th in their latest national flyer. Regular version is priced € 59,99 online

Blizzard hasn't even gone into their semi-open beta stage they've done for all their releases since WoW. This seems super unlikely considering all the sweeping changes they did to the games systems unless they changed their minds again.

ape2man

So how is battle.net, now? i stopped playing starcraft 2 because of that shit system.

Has anything been improved? other wise "no buy"

Well, I noticed that they fire up the beta phase lately and that the final design is in place now. But I haven't expected it to come out before June.

But I expected them to announce a release date next week during GDC.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I want to believe, but I don't. I just can't see the game coming out before mid to late June.

frequency

That seems really soon. Wouldn't there be more hype stuff leading up to it if it's so close?
I should really try the beta out... I got an invite some time back and installed it but never actually got around to trying it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, Amazon UK hasn't updated the date, and frankly, I'll believe it when is see it.

As I just got into the beta, I want Diablo 3 really badly now and my tactic of pre-ordering from Amazon appears to have paid off. I locked in the price at £23 and now they want £33 for it, and I'm sure the price wont get any lower.

TheYanger

Eh, I don't like the "release it now and patch it later" mindset of game development.

A) It's an online only game, it affects it far less than most games.
B) It isn't broken or even buggy, it's a complete and functional game and has been. This is Blizzard we're talking about.
C) They can do a lot in a month, they just have to press the discs sooner, but since it's online only, that is totally irrelevant to what the game plays like on day 1.

bee

had it on pre order for a couple of months now for £25 ( €30 ) but path of exile is more than good enough until this releases

Phenomic

Honestly this is the worst possible release time for me personally. Finals are literally starting that week and last until the end of April for me. Blizzard is intentionally trying to put me 2 weeks behind the rest of the world, conspiracy I tell ya.

God, I Hope it's legit though

Top Bottom