• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

Stainless

I don't care about digital content so for me it would be $15 to play necro.

I've got 3 characters and although I'd like to play this one, it's just not worth it for me

Laieon

$14.99 seems incredibly reasonable to me to be honest. Was expecting it to be $25.99, $20.99 at the very least.

I'm in. Haven't played D3 in a long time, got into the beta for necro but I prefer not losing everything I earned while playing, so I'm waiting until launch. I'm sure necro will be
fun.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Value proposition isn't there. A character class seems like it should be no more than $0.99 compared to the base content value.

$15 is a a bit high, but come on. One dollar is laughably unrealistic.

If people buy it, then it's not too much money to charge.

giphy.gif

Gator86

The value proposition has gotten worse with each content release as you pay more for less. No stash tabs on consoles? Get fucked, Blizz.

Woorloog

Banned
10€ would be more appropriate price IMO but i've predicted 15€ (Blizzard seems to be doing $1=1€ conversions) since the thing was announced so eh.

Will buy, need another class to play.

Cartoonic

Neo Member
$14.99 seems incredibly reasonable to me to be honest. Was expecting it to be $25.99, $20.99 at the very least.

I'm in. Haven't played D3 in a long time, got into the beta for necro but I prefer not losing everything I earned while playing, so I'm waiting until launch. I'm sure necro will be
fun.

It'll be fun plus I think people are under-estimating the fact you get a minimum (if you play seasons) of ~40-50 hrs of content out of playing that one class.

Yes you can argue you'd get that without buying it by just playing other classes (which by all means you don't have to), but that's the point, it's a new class with new things to do for that 40-50 hrs.

Stash tabs aren't a Scorpio only thing since consoles don't have stash tabs at all lol. You just buy more slots with gold.

Anyway it's better than $20 but still would have hoped they would throw in a little more... I'd be more tempted to buy it at launch for $10.

i assumed it would be closer to $10 tbh, but when you factor in the amount of time i've put into this game with very little investment, as well as the rather large amount of free content we've received over the years... i'm willing to look the other way this time.

I guess when you consider the amount of work that goes into the new class (new armor/weapons that need to be added. New sets and therefore, new set dungeons)... there's a not-insignificant amount of work being done here.

RDreamer

Yeah I want more of a full expansion or at least two classes. The problem with just one new one is that everyone will be playing that class.

Ehhh, not sure on character packs. On one hand I want to try him out but on the other, it's the same grind over and over with every season change. Seasons need modifiers added to them or something.

I'm totally okay with this price. If they were doing a character for this price every few months it'd add up, yeah, but the post-Reaper support for this game has been very good, and all free, so in my mind this is fair. Stuff like Kanai's cube, new areas, new items, lots of cool things. So yeah I'll throw them a bone for sure.

Value proposition isn't there. A character class seems like it should be no more than $0.99 compared to the base content value.

This is really half assed imo.

People beg for more content and they give us a character class.

Lame.
haha what

character classes are a pretty big content value for loot rpgs, especially when this one has a ton of new voice lines, armor sets etc.
The value proposition has gotten worse with each content release as you pay more for less. No stash tabs on consoles? Get fucked, Blizz.
...Stash tabs aren't a thing on console so how would they have given us 2 more? (I agree that they should have put more things in though)

Prelude.

They're still not talking about a new physical battle chest for PC. Hmmm.
Pretty disappointing if they're not gonna make it.

I've been able to get into Diablo 3 for a few hours here and there over the years, but it never seems to stick. I'll have to try it again soon.

xrnzaaas

I wouldn't pay 15 dollars for 1 character and no new areas, but yeah, I get it that it'll be a bargain for others. People play Diablo for various reasons. ;)

I don't know why people are sticking their noses up at 15 dollars when Reaper of Souls was 40 bucks and added one act. A lot of the changes people associate with RoS was in a free patch that came to the base game even with out purchase of the expansion. Even if "you" vote with your wallet to not support the high price of this DLC, there will be plenty of other people out there that will.

Derkon

Going to pass on this as I was not impressed with the necromancer class. Just didn't feel good to play and with the PoE expansion close by this is an easy pass for me.

Wait why does PC not get the eternal edition? Right now for a new PC player the battle chest + necromancer pack is $45, lame.

RDreamer

PS4 versions are still hacked to hell and back right? Not on Blizzard's servers?

Really would love to go console but fuck that.

Woorloog

Banned
Wait why does PC not get the eternal edition? Right now for a new PC player the battle chest + necromancer pack is $45, lame.

Probably because Diablo 3 is mostly sold as digital game.

CDkeys.com has Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls usually pretty cheaply, that's where i got mine (15€ total or so, IIRC).

PS4 versions are still hacked to hell and back right? Not on Blizzard's servers?

Consoles have seasons nowadays, and those are always-online so no need to worry about hacks there.

red731

Hard pass.

Still need to rip and tear with my Season 10 Bard. Who knew rifts are such a fun and the loot at the end oh baby.

nnnnno? I mean the only hacked stuff was from items/weapons that were hacked on PS3 and ported in, so non-season stuff is wide open, but since they introduced seasons that stuff should be pretty secure.

Animagne

15$ is reasonable. Was expecting 20$.
To people expecting additional small zones, they might still add another one (they added more than one since RoS). But you just can't split community with DLC. It's better that they release additional content for free to everyone.

Aesthet1c

What a bummer, I thought this crap was going to be free. Guess I haven't been paying enough attention.

I love Diablo 3, but I don't know if I feel like paying $15 to go through it again. Especially when I have other games I need to be catching up on.

Probably because Diablo 3 is mostly sold as digital game.

CDkeys.com has Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls usually pretty cheaply, that's where i got mine (15€ total or so, IIRC).
I mean I already have mine so no harm there, it's just weird. They could have made a digital "full battle chest" or whatever lol

I think so at least for the non-seasons stuff (and seasons characters eventually stop being seasonal so they'd have to deal with hackers sooner or later)

Then again I haven't joined a public session in months (years?) on console since the hacking started to manifest.

Lothars

Whereas path of exile is releasing 6 acts and more for free... Hoping for good diablo news at blizzcon
But that means I would have to play path of exile and yeah that's a hard no to playing that game, such an unfun game.

I'll probably get this, 15 for the character isn't a bad price at all.

RDreamer

Consoles have seasons nowadays, and those are always-online so no need to worry about hacks there.
Oh shit, sweet. I might hop on then. I bought the PS3 version but everything was hacked like crazy and that took the fun out of it. I played the shit out of the PC version but I'd like to have the console to play with my wife.

Gator86

haha what

character classes are a pretty big content value for loot rpgs, especially when this one has a ton of new voice lines, armor sets etc.

...Stash tabs aren't a thing on console so how would they have given us 2 more? (I agree that they should have put more things in though)

Unless there's another explanation somewhere, I'm taking that as not expanding the amount of vault space you can buy with gold on consoles.

Strakt

But that means I would have to play path of exile and yeah that's a hard no to playing that game, such an unfun game.

I'll probably get this, 15 for the character isn't a bad price at all.

I'm a huge fan of diablo, been a fan since diablo 2.. but their content has been pretty garbage since season 3. I used to not like POE as well until I actually sat down and played it.. its so much more in depth (It pretty much feels like a more complex diablo 2) and they actually introduce NEW content thats free. Regardless, hope blizz gets their act together for a d2 remake or diablo 4.

Lucifon

Seriously wish they expanded upon the game properly rather than just put in a new class. Feels like such a stopgap move. Another full expansion would have been a huge deal.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't know why people are sticking their noses up at 15 dollars when Reaper of Souls was 40 bucks and added one act. A lot of the changes people associate with RoS was in a free patch that came to the base game even with out purchase of the expansion. Even if "you" vote with your wallet to not support the high price of this DLC, there will be plenty of other people out there that will.

RoS came with one long Act(the biggest by far), one additional character and the new Adventure mode(that beats having to do the campaign over and over again) which I'm pretty sure is not accessible with the original game. I think it was worth it at that price.

KiKaL

If I hadn't just played the past two seasons I would definitely get it. Now I am a bit burned out and $15 is a bit much for that reason. Possibly in a few seasons I will feel the urge again to play and then I definitely will pick it up most likely.

Top Bottom