• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

Forward

Grim Dawn is so much fun. I started with soldier and mixed in arcanist. The variety of skills and builds makes D3 kinda boring.

Can't wait for the Inquisitor!

Try a Sab. Commando + Nightblade. Easy to level, and the DPS is insane.

But yeah, after getting GD, which is basically the perfect evolution of the best aspects of D2 and TQ combined, I have zero interest in re-grinding new characters up for D3 simply to keep up with the capricious nerfs and buffs Magic 8-Balled into each new season. I like my hard won stuff. Don't nerf my stuff. Especially not for faux freshness. It isn't fun. It isn't compelling. It is bad design.

cakely

PS4 versions are still hacked to hell and back right? Not on Blizzard's servers?

Really would love to go console but fuck that.

Console versions just got seasons recently, and those are hack-free.

Season 10 is about to come to a close (right before the Necromancer launch).

I expected more like 20, so 15 is a nice surprise. I really need to dig into what the new class can do before I decide to drop the money. It was my main in D2 though, so I imagine the only way I don't get it is if the class is legitimately horrible.

Lothars

I'm a huge fan of diablo, been a fan since diablo 2.. but their content has been pretty garbage since season 3. I used to not like POE as well until I actually sat down and played it.. its so much more in depth (It pretty much feels like a more complex diablo 2) and they actually introduce NEW content thats free. Regardless, hope blizz gets their act together for a d2 remake or diablo 4.
I sat down and played POE, I backed it when it first came out and just don't like that game at all.

Woorloog

Banned
Not even a little bit of story content? Yeesh

Not for this small pack, not when they already cancelled expansion 2 for Diablo. (And stuff made for that expansion was released for free in early RoS patches.)

But this does have new cutscenes for Necromancer and voicing, so it has "necromancer story-content". Admittedly it is not new per se.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'll wait for the "More Ultimate, More Evil" version that will include this for free.

For 5 dollars more you can get overwatch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A356jiI.gif

Try a Sab. Commando + Nightblade. Easy to level, and the DPS is insane.

But yeah, after getting GD, which is basically the perfect evolution of best of the best aspects of D2 and TQ combined, I have zero interest in re-grinding new characters up for D3 simply to keep up with the capricious nerfs and buffs Magic 8-Balled into each new season. I like my hard won stuff. Don't nerf my stuff. Especially not for faux freshness. It isn't fun. It isn't compelling. It is bad design.

Ooh, that will be my next build.

Yeah D3's asthetic and builds do nothing for me anymore. I miss D2 and GD scratches that itch perfectly.

TeeEffGee

Neo Member
Same. The PS4-version could really use some trophies for seasons, if nothing else.

Yep, that would be just the carrot I need to begin the grind again. Whether it's a small batch of DLC trophies from the content pack or a fresh set of trophies and a platinum from the new full version of the game, I'm in if it happens.

I wonder if Blizz will say anything about it or if we'll need to wait for the content to release next week.

I expected more like 20, so 15 is a nice surprise. I really need to dig into what the new class can do before I decide to drop the money. It was my main in D2 though, so I imagine the only way I don't get it is if the class is legitimately horrible.

Having an army of skellies at all times (it's a passive, like monk auras, and active ability mainly has them re-target an enemy and get in its face) is always a good time. Skeleton Mages (a secondary ability that has a limited duration) was also great. I tried Zookeeper builds with Revive, but they didn't feel so effective due to them not targeting what I wanted to kill first. I largely ignored Curses; I prefer using summons. I didn't like the primary skills so much, they felt slow, but Siphon Blood seemed okay to me. I liked the Corpse skills and the mechanics they brought (being able to regain life, or even your casting resource with corpses). Corpse Explosion is fun as always.

How are you saving any money there?

Seriously. That's some awful advice. The reason Blizzard is doing the launch discount is due to UE having had some deep cuts over the past year. They know there's a lot of people who can just grab a used copy of UE and buy the expansion for less than their suggested $59.

People who still play Diablo 3 will most certainly buy this, myself included. I think $15 is fair.

Not sure if there is enough to get people to jump back in, and I totally get that

LordofPwn

Would have been a perfect time to expand platforms. I'll probably pick this up next time I've got a 20% off code for PSN. I spent a lot of time with Diablo 3 on PS3 and PS4 and i'm not quite ready to come back yet but i'm interested in giving this new content a whirl.

Syf

Banned
I'm alright with that price, was actually expecting it to be $20, but holding off for a while because I'm too deep into WoW right now with the new raid out today lol.

StereoVsn

The price isn't bad but at the same time I don't know if I have it in me to do more grinding on D3. I got Victor Vran and Grim Dawn that I haven't played much and I have been honking about playing PoE.

On the other hand I still like the feeling of combat the best in D3 vs pretty much any other similar loot ARPG plus it plays really well on a console.

Xater

Asking 15 bucks for a single character and no new content is steep. I might have thought about it at 5 but not like this.

I really though the new class and patch were going to be free

Patch is free, you just pay for the Necro

Q. What about all the other features coming in Patch 2.6.0?
A. Challenge Rifts, The Shrouded Moors zone, Temple of the Firstborn zone, and the Realms of Fate are all free content—if you own the Reaper of Souls expansion pack, they are available for play without any additional purchases.

Matty77

The other thing for me, and it's just personal I don't believe in set standards for all game hobbyists and you can't always judge cost worth by time played, but I do know for me I will probably spend more time with just this character class than I will with most full price retail games.

They seem to be taking a longer break between seasons too this time so there is time to iron out kinks and players who were not in the beta to familiarize with the character before playing season as one.

So, as someone who hasn't played Diablo 3 since it originally came out on PC (with the real money auction house and everything!), would picking up that Ultimate Bundle for PS4 be worth it? I haven't played any Reaper of Souls content at all, and Necro was my favorite class from D2 hands down so this definitely has my interest.

On the other hand, I've also been interested in Grim Dawn. Maybe this isn't the right thread to ask, but what are peoples who have played both games opinion?

So, as someone who hasn't played Diablo 3 since it originally came out on PC (with the real money auction house and everything!), would picking up that Ultimate Bundle for PS4 be worth it? I haven't played any Reaper of Souls content at all, and Necro was my favorite class from D2 hands down so this definitely has my interest.

On the other hand, I've also been interested in Grim Dawn. Maybe this isn't the right thread to ask, but what are peoples who have played both games opinion?

Reaper of Souls adds a 5th Act, which is pretty good, and Adventure Mode, which is really awesome. I put 150+ hours into D3 vanilla and ended up hating the game. Picked up the PS4 version, and loved it. Then bought the expansion for PC and played more.

As much as I want to play Necro as that was by far and wide my favorite class in DII, I cannot support this business practice.

Witch Doctor isn't bad.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that is right on the edge of what I would consider paying. For $20 it would be a hard pass and never thought of again. For $10, I probably would have bought it without thinking. $15 is right between those. I don't play D3 a ton, but I enjoyed my time with Reaper of Souls and the seasons. The patch for all that looks fun and I'll probably re-install for that if nothing else. Man tough choices.

Sciz

Went into the beta not sure what I was getting into, having no nostalgia for the class, and came out the other end reveling in my new role as the explosion king.

depths20XX

This gets the award for one of the shittiest DLC values of all time. It's like you need to take a cold shower and think about what you've done after you buy it.

As much as I want to play Necro as that was by far and wide my favorite class in DII, I cannot support this business practice.

Witch Doctor isn't bad.

What business practice is that lol

the game has been out for years now and has only had 1 paid post release item and stuff like borderlands has had paid post-release classes for a while

Flintty

The game is way better now that what it was at launch in PC. So much better.

Sorry Blizz, Grim Dawn has made D3 irrelevant to me. And $15 for a character class? GTFO.

All the good sense in one post. 100% agreed.

GD's expansion is gonna come with another piece of story/campaign, the Necromancer + another mastery, and much better skill/item build variety. If that comes priced at $15 somehow it would make this pack's value proposition even more laughable.

Tanston

This is really half assed imo.

People beg for more content and they give us a character class.

Lame.

A character class is the ultimate content for me. The game is click on monsters and loot comes out, if your bored of that then it doesn't really matter what they add. For me the core gameplay loop is still fun so i'll take a new character class over new maps or mobs any day.

Trickster

Necromancer still isn't out? Didn't they announce this guy back in like october or november last year?

And they are charging 15 bucks for the class on top of it? Get the fuck outta here

Top Bottom