• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III console trailer

So, offline coop and no AH.... basically the definitive version of D3.
Sure seems that way, and I know I'll prefer direct control too. I just can't seem to get into "gaming mode" when I'm at my desk at home. Just doesn't feel natural anymore.

That and I know for damn sure my console co-op buddies would love the hell out of this.

At this point its probably a PS4 pickup for me.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Interesting, looks like they redid the Belial fight.

So many cuts...

Also, they didn't show any of the big offenders for screen shake, just the cool ones.

R1CHO

Will PC version get controller support?

No, it won't.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.

Cels

why would they release a trailer that shows framerate slowdown? i mean yeah, i get it's early in development and they'll probably fix it, but seriously, that is not good PR.

KKRT00

why would they release a trailer that shows framerate slowdown? i mean yeah, i get it's early in development and they'll probably fix it, but seriously, that is not good PR.
Dont count on that. PC trailers also had framerate drops and they still havent fixed them.

Dont count on that. PC trailers also had framerate drops and they still havent fixed them.
They just need to tighten up the graphics on level 3.

if you're getting FPS drops, lower the graphical settings brah

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.
huge mistake, IMO

Into

Looks just fine

There arent that many Diabloesque games on current consoles, and sometimes i just want to chill back on my couch and gather loot for hours, this is perfect for that.

Looks just fine

There arent that many Diabloesque games on current consoles, and sometimes i just want to chill back on my couch and gather loot for hours, this is perfect for that.

Go play Torchlight on 360, it's a better game (as a huge Diablo franchise fan, it saddens me to say that). Hopefully Torchlight 2 gets announced for consoles soon

Go play Torchlight on 360, it's a better game (as a huge Diablo franchise fan, it saddens me to say that).
Pfffbbbt.

Hardcore Diablo 2 fans are most likely to have problems with 3, but as a casual fan of the series I've loved it. The action is polished and meaty. The loot could definitely be more interesting, but you do start to look more bad ass over time, which is always nice.

Torchlight was OK, but at least it shows that you can control these games with a controller really well.

rallaren

It looks enjoyable, maybe even more so than on PC. I hope they fix all the problems. I only played the demo and thought it was rather boring.

Fularu

Banned
Go play Torchlight on 360, it's a better game (as a huge Diablo franchise fan, it saddens me to say that). Hopefully Torchlight 2 gets announced for consoles soon
Lol no, just no

TL was a boring half assed game with no depth. TLII was better but still mindnumbingly boring and the fighting was subpar.

People love to hate on D3 but it's the best lootwhore game out there (at least as far as modern ones go).

D2 LoD 1.13 is better but I'm fully expecting D3+extensions to surpass it

Wait a minute.

Just thought of something.

All the footage with UI elements has been PlayStation (i.e. presumably PS3)

No Xbox version of this?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Skills available seem limited. I'd do it similarly but allowing the shoulder buttons to toggle the face button functions between spell catagories, preset and/or custom. Like healing, attacking, or separate schools of magic for wizards etc. But yeah, I too prefer direct control + button mashing over clickety clicks for such games. Makes them play more like beat 'em ups with loot.

If it's well done and all around tweaked in favor of that scheme that is. Frame rate and visuals are suspect here though.

Wait a minute.

Just thought of something.

All the footage with UI elements has been PlayStation (i.e. presumably PS3)

No Xbox version of this?
It's only been announced for PlayStation so they wouldn't show another version even if it was coming elsewhere.

So, yes, for now, as far as anyone knows, no Xbox version. Just not because of this video but because of the announcement.

paolo11

it was confirmed to have offline mode before PAX East

Not really. The director was cut off when he said offline by Geoff but really no confirmation if there is single player offline or not.

So again, was it confirmed to have single player offline mode in this game?

(not trying to argue by the way).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks terrible.

Except for the Belial camera angle near the end.

inky

I've been in the beta for almost a year. Not sure if there's an NDA so I''l just say it's not quite there yet guys, but some of you might enjoy it.

KKRT00

I don't have them. But then again coming from you I'm not surprised.

And yes I have everything maxed out.

Yeah, there is no problem at all...

I've just run tests, first two are from normal with barb v-sync off and then on on Lowest everything, third test is from Hell act 3 on Monk with Low FX additionally turn on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArginHdKp-YwdGh2M2xacUw5ZTNpdWg1M3ZENUhvc1E&output=html

And they do not even describe how this game stutter.

jbug617

Banned

Seik

Banned
I'll double dip. It'll be nice to play this offline, co-op with friends in the same room! Just like the good old days where we played Diablo on PSX! :D

Top Bottom