• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III console trailer

waypoetic

Banned
1. It will be the most expensive version of Diablo 3 because, hey, it's dirt cheap on Steam and in retail.

2. Who will bother? Diablo 3 nerds already bought it and they've played it like 10 times already.

3. They should make a PS Vita version also, 'cus i think THAT would sell.

redhot_

Blizzard should cut a deal for the double dippers, I wouldn't mind playing with console friends but paying full price again kinda puts me off.

VandalD

I'll double dip. It'll be nice to play this offline, co-op with friends in the same room! Just like the good old days where we played Diablo on PSX! :D
Yeah, I actually feel the PS1 version of Diablo was the superior version because of the same screen co-op and faster gameplay option. This looks like it might be the same simply because of no forced online and no auction house.

Seik

Banned
1. It will be the most expensive version of Diablo 3 because, hey, it's dirt cheap on Steam and in retail.

2. Who will bother? Diablo 3 nerds already bought it and they've played it like 10 times already.

3. They should make a PS Vita version also, 'cus i think THAT would sell.

1. While I agree, D3 is not on Steam.

2. It sounds like an overall better and less disappointing experience since there won't be RMAH (I think) and all the post-game stuff they patched after launch will be there by default.

3. YES!

waypoetic

Banned
Well, you got me PC folks. I have no idea what i'm talking about on point 1. Last time i logged in on to my Steam-account must've been like a year ago..

:')

KKRT00

Yeah, there is no problem at all...

I've just run tests, first two are from normal with barb v-sync off and then on on Lowest everything, third test is from Hell act 3 on Monk with Low FX additionally turn on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArginHdKp-YwdGh2M2xacUw5ZTNpdWg1M3ZENUhvc1E&output=html

And they do not even describe how this game stutter.

For comparison i've added two other games to this spreadsheet.
Path of Exile and Crysis 3 on low settings on train yard level with Path of Exile sitting in background, both stable 60fps without any stutter.

I was running here and thats one of the more demanding scenes in the game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6KW73TZTAH8#t=32s

smr00

Banned
How is there framerate loss?

It's not like Diablo is that demanding...
On low settings sure.

Maxed out? It stutters on my $1100 pc. Battlefield 3 runs better maxed out.

That deal should include porting your characters and inventory over.
So it won't have battle net log in? no buy.

Why the fuck wouldn't they allow this? That will immediately turn away the 20 or so people who still play D3 to not want to buy this.

Hydrogen

Banned
Great! This genre is much better when played with a controller and coop.

I wonder why pc remains the default plataform for games like this.

So, did Blizzard make the gameplay less tedious in the console version?

I mean, a single playthrough isn't too bad. But when you have to play through three, three and a half times to get your character to 60, shit. I thought the boredom would actually kill me.

Fularu

Banned
Yeah, there is no problem at all...

I've just run tests, first two are from normal with barb v-sync off and then on on Lowest everything, third test is from Hell act 3 on Monk with Low FX additionally turn on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArginHdKp-YwdGh2M2xacUw5ZTNpdWg1M3ZENUhvc1E&output=html

And they do not even describe how this game stutter.
Your game is resynching with the server, those aren't slowdowns. Everything is done server side, the better your connection is, the less it happens.

In short it's not a technical issue (as in poorly optimized rendering code) but a latency issue.

I don't think it can (easily) be fixed. The game runs at 140 FPS 99% of the time for you.

KKRT00

Your game is resynching with the server, those aren't slowdowns. Everything is done server side, the better your connection is, the less it happens.

In short it's not a technical issue (as in poorly optimized rendering code) but a latency issue.

I don't think it can (easily) be fixed. The game runs at 140 FPS 99% of the time for you.

Desync doesnt drop frames and You really dont see instances in this spreadsheet when game drops by 50-60 fps? or constantly goes below 60 when v-synced?

Sophia

Inventory system has been completely changed, which means no chance of PC to PS3 characters. So much for this port.

To be fair even Diablo 2 works fine with a controller - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vbH6GCxc-s (That's me playing it recently)

That's without the changes to skills that the current Diablo 3 console port is getting. Hack and Slash games have always been a good fit for consoles, I am surprised Diablo 2 didn't come out for them, as Diablo 1 did.

I was always surprised that Diablo 2 didn't come out to like the Xbox or PS2. It just seemed like a natural fit, more so with four player co-op or split screen co-op.

Diablo 3 was made to be a console game that you play through with friends a couple times and be done with. Watching this trailer made me physically sick.

Sophia

The UI is different from the trailer and the IGN footage at PAX. Life is no longer represented by the globe but by a Ys style health bar.

Newer UI shown off at PAX:

paxd303.jpg

The original UI from the first screenshots/trailer:

Zaventem

The UI is different from the trailer and the IGN footage at PAX. Life is no longer represented by the globe but by a Ys style health bar.

Newer UI shown off at PAX
That's the worst idea.The globe is the first thing my eye connects to.Why would they change it?

Sophia

That's the worst idea.The globe is the first thing my eye connects to.Why would they change it?

Vast majority of console games make the bar represent life. God of War, most of the later Ys games, Devil May Cry.

Looks a bit better if you ask me.

Fularu

Banned
Desync doesnt drop frames and You really dont see instances in this spreadsheet when game drops by 50-60 fps? or constantly goes below 60 when v-synced?

Desynch freezes the game allowing it to resynch, this is obvious in a huge number of your "drops".

Same with vsynch enabled, it can't prevent resyching, which the game does a lot.

After watching the trailer, looks about the same as it does on PC really, which is fine. It is a fun enough game, just doesnt really have the dark and foreboding atmosphere of previous games

Top Bottom