• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III console trailer

Seventy5

The framerate looks fine and the game looks like tons of fun. I will probably get it on PS3 and PS4. I hope they release it this summer.

KKRT00

Desynch freezes the game allowing it to resynch, this is obvious in a huge number of your "drops".

Same with vsynch enabled, it can't prevent resyching, which the game does a lot.

I have 40ms latency, i play online games for 10 years now, i have never encountered framerate problem or stutter problem that was cause by network latency. Especially i wouldnt except it from game that does only one check on the server and do client calculations locally like Diablo 3.
Problem with Diablo is streaming engine which is awful, it drops fps no matter what settings You get and what limit You apply.
No fps limit, 200-300 fps
180fps limit, frequent drops to 130/140
120fps limit, frequent drops to 80-90
60fps limit, constant drops to 45-50, sometimes to 30.
It constantly drops framerates below Your limit, by 2/3/4 or 10 or 30, not matter how big, it always affect how fluent it feels and even if it do not drop, it still can stutter and its like that since first beta.

Zaventem

Vast majority of console games make the bar represent life. God of War, most of the later Ys games, Devil May Cry.

Looks a bit better if you ask me.

I think they should put the two globes in the series is known for.Red on the left and mana/what have you on the right.Ignore my shitty copy and past job but something like this but with the left side red.The middle can be the XP bar.

diablo3edit.jpg

Aru

I miss Diablo on consoles. I will probably buy the PS3 or PS4 version.
Diablo 1 on PS1 was my first hack & slash experience and it was great.
So great I couldn't play h&s games on PC because of click to move controls :/

im still kicking myself for buying this piece of shit as soon as it came out on pc. i remember saying to myself this is blizzard, nothing could go wrong, right? well fuck you blizzard, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, not gonna happen.

jaosobno

Very excited about playing this on my PS3. I might get destroyed for saying this, but this game seems like it plays better with a controller than with a mouse. Additionally, ability to dodge and no RMAH are big pluses in my book.

I don't understand why people go berserk over console version of D3. PS3 version looks solid and above all very fun to play.

Definitely getting this one.

I actually have been having fun with the PC version after all of the updates they've given the game, but the only way I would buy the console version is if I could play my same characters. They are too much of a grind fest to start over but it would be cool if I had the option to work on them from my desk or the TV. Since they are changing some gameplay mechanics I don't see this happening. :(

Top Bottom