• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III fans angry at PS4 announcement

Oh wow how lame.

The reason no runes / complicated item mechanics exists. Simply wouldn't be fun for console gamers.

man some people have a fair freaking pole up their arses.

edit:

The points make sense but they didn't dumb down Diablo 3 for consoles. They dumbed it down because that's where the industry has progressed to. Consoles and console style games have dominated the last decade or so.

well, i agree with this. It's not so much 'consoles' fault with anything - there's plenty of complicated number-crunching games on consoles, Disgaea and Armoured Core spring to mind immediately - it's more the whole "expanded" market which includes consoles, PC's,
tablets and whatever. You dumb down to sell more on ALL platforms.

Grayman

Game sells 12 million copies, many of which downloaded straight from the developer at 60 dollars. Gamer logic says go to consoles for the money.

DasMarcos

Banned
Honestly it's very odd to finally see a Blizzard game (let alone Diablo 3) on a console this gen. But still I do welcome Blizzard and their chance to show us how it can work out. I'll stay positive on this one.

Haunted

Anyone still hanging around on the Diablo III forums deserves pity, not scorn.

Friend and I looked at each other and went "uh, so what?" when Metzen announced a late port instead of the expansion pack or at least something new.

Ghazi

So I guess that having achievemtns and not having VOIP , while that is odd, makes an ARPG Call of Duty. Why?

I was saying "Please don't be Diablo III!" and was disappointed it was. I got sick of it on PC and I don't give a shit about it being on consoles. Blizzard being on consoles on the other hand could be good. SC:GHOST!
KuGsj.gif

Durante

I was angry before release, when it became clear that interesting and skill-dependent point-targeted abilities were reduced in favour of direction-targeted ones that more easily transfer to a gamepad. I was also certain the game would come to consoles at that point. I think I wrote a long post about it.

Anyway, at this juncture I'm over it, in fact I doubt Blizzard could have made a worthy successor to Diablo 2 even had they not be constrained by targeting a console release.

There are plenty of reasons to be "angry" at D3. Console support isn't one of them. Why should PC gamers be mad that console gamers will soon be disappointed by D3 too?

chill out bros, download Path Of Exile.

CTLance

Sounds plausible, and would confirm many a suspicion from before.

This makes me sad, not mad. Godspeed, Blizzard. o7

Shayan

Banned
Diablo 3 will sell another 10m on PS3/4?

why wait ?? after 5 years PC wont be there so better release everything on consoles before console gamers start hating those publishers

DTKT

It's probably going to sell millions and further cement Blizzard foray into console gaming while they slowly stop being a pc centric company.

Next step, World of Warcraft on consoles.

Ploid 3.0

I was letdown when it turned out to be D3. Blizzard on PS4 had better potential as anything but D3 to me. The game isn't too good. Maybe it will be better as a console game, maybe they will make better loot, better drops where the planets have to align. Console people will have to play through multiple difficulties to get to the meat of the game.

I kinda feel bad for the ones that go that far hoping for light at the end of that journey. It's just a bigger tunnel, the light is a lie. Drops will always suck, you won't feel rewarded unless you win a bid war on some item on the AH.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh for God's sake get off your high horse Diablo 3 fans. You really think Blizzard designed this game with consoles in mind and then released it exclusively on PC for over a year? I don't buy it.

Eusis

wasnt Diablo2 on PS1 the same game as on PC?
Diablo 1, and I think it was. Though there also seems to be an issue that's gotten worse in ways about what's "acceptable" on consoles. It's always been there, and it's not wholly untrue (if nothing else a controller CAN make certain functions a pain), but it feels like rather than dare to add complexity they'd more likely shirk from it, or worse yet fall on an established design IE Baldur's gate getting Diablo-like (heh) dungeon crawlers over a more in depth RPG. Then DAII trying to become more like a standard action RPG rather than what it was before.

Corto

If Kotaku will report every time Diablo players are unhappy they'll need to create a daily feature on their front page.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
But the people on the Blizzard forums aren't Diablo III fans. They're Diablo II fans.

Almighty

It's probably going to sell millions and further cement Blizzard foray into console gaming while they slowly stop being a pc centric company.

Didn't Diablo 3 sell something like 14 million on the PC now? It would take quite impressive console sales for them to abandon that market. Diablo 3 might be on of the few games were the PC stomps the consoles in sales.

Anyway as for the subject sounds like a bunch of fans trying to blame consoles for their disappointment with D3 and nothing more. Personally I was disappointed that it was D3 that was announced when Blizzard took the stage. I was hoping for something new.

casmith07

LoL.

Clearly none of those whiners grew up playing Diablo or Diablo II, both of which were for 1-4 players, and never were released for consoles.

inky

Fuck those losers.

Oh man, took way too long for this post to be made.

Edit: I don't think the reveal was surprising, in fact, it was underwhelming as hell. For years now we've all know about Blizzards intentions of bringing the game to consoles. They have said as much very clearly and openly.

Quasar

More like this.

Why would anyone still be playing D3 after Torchlight 2 and the PoE Open Beta, we may never know.

I'll admit I'm curious. But then I never played Diablo 3 on PC, and am mostly curious about 4 player couch co-op.

Of course I would have liked something new rather than a PC port. Well I would have liked to have seen them attempt to do a RTS to see f they could do decent controls.

Lulubop

I doubt it'll sell anywhere close to what it did on PC. Not even PS3/XBOX exclusive put up those kinda numbers. It'd be really dumb to actively alienate the PC base even more.

Zee-Row

Banned
I would definitely play Diablo on a console , I already did with the PS1 version and the similar Torchlight on XBLA. It plays fine to me on a controller.

Top Bottom