• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Can you create a group of people (friends for co-op) at the main menu or what? (I just made sure I could login, made a character, then exited).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit this game is getting slammed with 1 star reviews on amazon. Was the launch that horrific?

It really wasn't. It's always the same with no life Blizz kiddos. Actually they did a really good job. Sure there were a few problems with the servers and login stuff (yeah error 37 says hi) but overall after 1 hour or so it was smooth as shit and very stable.

Also kuddos to Blizzard for splitting the regions up. This made it so much better. Imagine the whole world trying to log in at the same time? ...Crash!

Kem0sabe

If the reasons they gave for the DRM are legitimate then I have no problem with it and I can accept that there will occasionally be issues. The launch wasn't as smooth as it should have been, I will say that, but it took me about half an hour to log on which isn't too bad all things considered.

I'm wondering what the situation will be like later today, though.

They could have added an offline single player campaign with no stat tracking and only local characters, that would have cut down on the aggravation of not being able to login to the game.

Anyways, i´m still gonna buy it, just won´t do it until they fix most of their kinks. Month or two from now, it will be typical blizzard awesomeness, like SC2 was :D

Ezio

It really wasn't. It's always the same with no life Blizz kiddos. Actually they did a really good job. Sure there were a few problems with the servers and login stuff (yeah error 37 says hi) but overall after 1 hour or so it was smooth as shit and very stable.

Also kuddos to Blizzard for splitting the regions up. This made it so much better. Imagine the whole world trying to log in at the same time? ...Crash!

++ it could've been much worse

eek5

Holy shit this game is getting slammed with 1 star reviews on amazon. Was the launch that horrific?

Rating a game that they're going to be playing for YEARS based on the first hour after launch is idiotic. :lol Everything was running pretty smoothly by 2AM.

Silly kids.

smr00

Banned
1 star reviews because it had a bad couple of hours at launch? kids shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

No MMO/online RPG has had a perfect launch, even COD has shitty launches.

Demon Hunter.

Just started Hell mode.
Do you have the finish the game to unlock Hell mode? I was thinking I read that somewhere but I'm new to all this so who knows.

They could have added an offline single player campaign with no stat tracking and only local characters, that would have cut down on the aggravation of not being able to login to the game.

Anyways, i´m still gonna buy it, just won´t do it until they fix most of their kinks. Month or two from now, it will be typical blizzard awesomeness, like SC2 was :D
True, but I like knowing that any character I create can be used online. It is something that can be inconvenient at times (certainly more for some people than others) but it's a decision I can understand at least.

Darkone

I really like the great variety of monsters in this game, and the harder ones who have unique powers are awesome.

I don`t want this game to end!!!

oneils

All that's genuinely surprising. I would have expected the game to have some sort of gold sink to balance out the economy. I guess crafting fills that role in some capacity.

Maxing put your stash and crafters will take just over one million gold. Once everyone does that the main sink will be crafting. An easy way to gamble away gold.

TheFatOne

I got in beat the skeleton king. Man I struggled beating him this time. During the open beta I thought he was super easy. This time I almost died several times.

injurai

Banned
I just never understand the point of rushing as fast as you can through something....makes no sense at all.

honor? Yeah I like to take my time.

Man there are so many story haters. I am actually very fond of the Diablo story, and it's probably the only Blizzard franchise I can say that about.

Ichabod

Banned

I see, so it's just typical neckbeard righteous indignation. "Take that Blizzard! From the depths of grandma's basement I stab at thee!"

I just never understand the point of rushing as fast as you can through something....makes no sense at all.

Me either but to each his own. I've waited what eleven years for this, no way i'd trivialize that in a speed run but then again I'm not after a world/region first I'll savor this thing like a fine wine.

rCIZZLE

I have a couple questions.

I'm on the 3rd quest in act 2... or at least I was until I left and joined a public game on an earlier quest. Do I have to redo everything now? It won't let me select quest back to where I was before.

Is there any way to change the text size? I'm getting tired of having to put my face into the laptop every time someone in my party types something.

Eusis

Think Blizzard will mind if you download the client from a torrent site? Their official downloader is going ridiculously slow.
Technically, it IS a torrent you're using. I'm not sure if you can extract the actual torrent file though and use it in a client that gives you more control, I always hated how you couldn't cap upload speeds and thus it wrecks your download speed.

Actually, you could go to the options and disable peer-to-peer transferring, and it'll probably speed up by a lot.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I went to bed around 11, got up around 4 to play before work. Two of my buddies had just started playing when I logged on, so I quickly caught up. Hit level 16 and act 2 on my Witchdoctor. Fire Bats is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

coopolon

Technically, it IS a torrent you're using. I'm not sure if you can extract the actual torrent file though and use it in a client that gives you more control, I always hated how you couldn't cap upload speeds and thus it wrecks your download speed.

Actually, you could go to the options and disable peer-to-peer transferring, and it'll probably speed up by a lot.

Haha, good point, guess I should have said unofficial torrent. I'll see what taking it off p2p does.

Alastor

I got in beat the skeleton king. Man I struggled beating him this time. During the open beta I thought he was super easy. This time I almost died several times.

I had no problems with him with my wiz in beta, but now I started as witch doctor and it's not as smooth for me as back then.

I wonder what my first death will be...

Is it true the campaign is incredibly short, like 6 hours or something? Basically not worth playing unless you're going to get heavy into the multiplayer?

mxgt

Banned
I went to bed around 11, got up around 4 to play before work. Two of my buddies had just started playing when I logged on, so I quickly caught up. Hit level 16 and act 2 on my Witchdoctor. Fire Bats is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I really like using that grasp ground snare along with spiders, it fucks shit up. Then again I am only level 8 so that might change.

Don't really like the Witch Doctor after getting past the skeleton king. Think I'll restart as a Wizard or a Monk

What can I expect from the Monk? Any cool abilities/runes?

So I guess everyone does one single player run first? Is this how it works? I own Diablo 2 but never properly played through it. Picking up my Diablo 3 at lunch.

Went home for a bit at lunch - created a character in each class, and had a tiny go at WD (while trying not to burn myself with hot pasta). Love the poison darts!

Hoping tactical character building now might stop me timing out later on tonight when my caffeine addled mind is trying to think of names (and it is a lot busier).

injurai

Banned
Is it true the campaign is incredibly short, like 6 hours or something? Basically not worth playing unless you're going to get heavy into the multiplayer?

Those are people rushing the game. I have always tried to full clear each area before moving on. Some people are saying its 4 hours to clear the first act at an average pace. Just don't rush the game.

Having trouble accepting friend requests. Some people sent me requests and I tried to accept them but it gives me an error and says the other person's friend list is full

depths20XX

I got to play for about 2 hours before work this morning. Was fun, seemed like there were more champ/unique monsters than in beta.

In the OP is says turn on Elective mode to set any skill you want...that doesn't seem to work. I still have to pick one from each of the categories. I can assign them to any button I want but it doesn't let me pick two from the same category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom