• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo series writing, cutscenes, and story are basically like an action RPG summer blockbuster.

Just take it for what it is, enjoy the explosions and crazy demons, and dont overthink things. Its like complaining about how 300 or Terminator 2 werent profoundly deep.

The only thing I don't like about the game design is the writing and being a "blockbuster" isn't an excuse. Diablo 2's story was nothing to write home about but the end of act VI offered a great set-up to the expansion. D3 has a heavier focus on narrative but the standard didn't improve then on top of that the twists were too numerous and blatant.

Zeliard

Was just about to go play for the first time today. Servers are actually down, eh? Wow.

I still seriously don't understand how people have beaten this game multiple times and hit 60 on a character in just 3 days, unless they were playing over 10 hours each of those days. It's unfathomable to me.

Probably lots of coffee and/or energy drinks, playing half-asleep with tired eyes and passing out in front of monitors.

Teknoman

Doesn't have to be deep. Should just make you not want to completely ignore everything that almost any character says because they're that uninteresting. Outside of Tyrael, they all suck. The monster lore when you encounter a new enemy is the only decent part.

The only thing I don't like about the game design is the writing and being a "blockbuster" isn't an excuse. Diablo 2's story was nothing to write home about but the end of act VI offered a great set-up to the expansion. D3 has a heavier focus on narrative but the standard didn't improve then on top of that the twists were too numerous and blatant.

Well i'm still in act one so I cant really comment on further acts...but as things are now, it doesnt seem any worse than I or II. As for the first twist I honestly didnt see that coming, expected...well something else.

JoeBoy101

Wonderful. Servers getting restarted again in a couple of minutes.

While waiting, I need to apologize to my Witch Doctor. I thought the skill Soul Harvest which buffs my intelligence based on the number of enemies hit was boring. That was until I REALLY tried it out.

Sweet Jesus, a +5 enemy hit of that makes my damage go insane.

Now, a brief observation and word of praise for Blizzard. Alongside making a great game, I applaud their attempt to sport older male characters for the players. Here's my attempt at the possible age breakdowns:

- Wizard: Late 20's
- Demon Hunter: Late 20's
- Barbarian: Mid-40's to early 50's
- Witch Doctor: Early to Mid-50's
- Monk: Early to Mid-40's

This attempt at age diversity really helps give the classes more character. Sadly, on the female side, they're all within their 20's, possibly 30's.

Now, a couple of questions for the thread:

- Are there any Mighty Weapons for the Barbarian that are 2-Handed? First run on my Barb is going 2-Handed, second run will dual wield.

- Primary Skills (tied to the attack mouse button) have their stats tied off of your weapon, correct? Planning on going sword and board for a DH next time around and aside from not being able to use the arrow skills, wanted to know how bad it would affect him.

razgriz417 said:
any eta on the servers?

Well, if its a restart to pick up an update, which they said it was, I hope its no more than 15-30 mins. But that's my hope.

HenryHSH

I've wasted so much money on the Blacksmith. I get better shit from shops/AH/out in the field
KuGsj.gif
. I've got like 100 magic essence or some shit, I just sell all my magic items now

Haven't crafted anything useful yet. But I can't stop. I salvage most magic and rares. (I did go on a crafting spree earlier for a rare, which I don't use anymore. Must have wasted about 50k gold crafting a good one)
nKNmj.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Diablo series writing, cutscenes, and story are basically like an action RPG summer blockbuster.

Just take it for what it is, enjoy the explosions and crazy demons, and dont overthink things. Its like complaining about how 300 or Terminator 2 werent profoundly deep.

inbCEvSaT569P.png

Elective mode -> open skill menu -> click on skill you want and then click on the hotbutton you want to set....I think.

EDIT: Everyone who said the game isnt challenging, it seems like it gains a decent spike in difficulty immediately after the first boss. Been playing 2p co-op so far though for story purposes/frst time through.

Tried, then it just executes the skill I currently have in that slot :( anyone able to tell how to assign skills to slots invelective mode? :c

Wallach

Tried, then it just executes the skill I currently have in that slot :( anyone able to tell how to assign skills to slots invelective mode? :c

You select the hotkey first, then when you pull up the menu you can arrow over left/right to the other categories if you don't want the category that hotkey is usually assigned to.

JoeBoy101

You select the hotkey first, then when you pull up the menu you can arrow over left/right to the other categories if you don't want the category that hotkey is usually assigned to.

This. I got what was originally a RMB skill mapped to a hotkey.

Also, SMH at Monk wielding an axe. I know it can help the stats, but c'mon. Gotta keep it in the spirit at least.

Dance in my blood said:
Should be Northeast-ish after you enter the Oasis.

You sure its not randomized? Ran into a vendor in a run down shack in Act 1 that I saved. For another character, they were replaced with a bunch of corpses and monsters.

man this game runs like ass on my system.

i5 2500k @4.6
gtx 570
8gb ddr3

feels bad mang.

i tried different drivers, changed affinity on my cores, OC on the 570 is the only thing that helps.

Is the U.S. Auction House fucking up right now? I can't get any of my buyouts to go through, but eventually the items always get bought out by someone else after a few minutes.

So what's the general consensus on blacksmithing? Should I keep on salvaging blues and yellows I get or should I sell them for gold and hit up the AH?

On Act II(normal) with a monk right now.

Mothman91

Is the U.S. Auction House fucking up right now? I can't get any of my buyouts to go through, but eventually the items always get bought out by someone else after a few minutes.

It's taking my items like 20 seconds to be put on the AH. Also my friend messaged me saying, "laagggg".

Seguin

Banned
So I beat Act I on the second difficulty earlier today, came back to the game tonight and it puts me at the quest in the spider cave in Act I which is like hours behind where I was...feels bad man.

Already hotfixed without maintenance.

really? when? And what was the fix, like how did they address it...

So I beat Act I on the second difficulty earlier today, came back to the game tonight and it puts me at the quest in the spider cave in Act I which is like hours behind where I was...feels bad man.

It probably doesn't make a difference but I always log out then exit rather than just exit straight away and haven't lost progress that way.

JoeBoy101

i5 2500k @4.6
gtx 570
8gb ddr3

feels bad mang.

i tried different drivers, changed affinity on my cores, OC on the 570 is the only thing that helps.

Damn, man. Mine is about the same with less memory, and it runs like butter. Sure you aren't forcing settings somewhere through nVidia control panel or inspector? What resolution you running at?

balddemon

Banned

i5 2500k @4.6
gtx 570
8gb ddr3

feels bad mang.

i've got pretty much the same thing as you but mine runs fine lmao. how much memory does your card have? at least 1gb right?

-

also can starter version and full version bros play together?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Today, I went through normal and nightmare on my monk, underleveled, undergeared, undereverything.

Derp.

EDIT: LAWL! Completely forgot about you having to be lvl 50 for hell, hahahhaha oh well back to grinding I guess

Zeliard

This approach barely got me through Normal in four days...god I'm old

Haha I know what you mean. I look back at my younger days when I'd easily stay up all night without the aid of any substance and think "how the fuck did I do that?"

Getting old sucks mayne. I dread hitting the 30 mark, at which point I'll have officially entered geezer status. No offense to 30+ geezer GAF.

Haven't crafted anything useful yet. But I can't stop. I salvage most magic and rares. (I did go on a crafting spree earlier for a rare, which I don't use anymore. Must have wasted about 50k gold crafting a good one)
nKNmj.png

I hate to break it to you, but uh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah pretty much. My playtime is 14 hours on my monk :3

Damn, man. Mine is about the same with less memory, and it runs like butter. Sure you aren't forcing settings somewhere through nVidia control panel or inspector? What resolution you running at?

1920x1080. I have set default values for nvidia and it still sucks. Trying everything under the sun to stabilize- are you using MSiAfterburner? I have to push my 570 to my OC settings below to keep a stable 60fps but it stutters like hell.

Core Voltage: 1100
Core Clock: 911
Shader Clock: 1822
Memory Clock: 2256

Teknoman

So what's the general consensus on blacksmithing? Should I keep on salvaging blues and yellows I get or should I sell them for gold and hit up the AH?

On Act II(normal) with a monk right now.

Personally I npc sell/salvage blues, and if no one i'm near can use the yellow or its not useful to me, its AH time.

I'm lagging so far behind everyone like I thought because of my limited time.

Witch Doctor, level 20 - Just killed
Maghaahdahda

This game is so good and can't wait to play more and more.

I feel like I'm not "doing it right" but the beauty is that I can play with my build and SO FAR I am successful.

Gargantuan (Just got) + Grasp + Spider Queen + Splinter Darts.

Obviously I should be using Harvest and other generic things but I find this the most fun so far. AoE poison will be awesome when I get cloud.

HenryHSH

I hate to break it to you, but uh

What else would I do with the trash items? Sell it to an NPC? They have no value. Sell them on the auction house? For 2k each and a limit of 10 items on the AH? No point.

I already have gear set for every class. The good items I find (which aren't much since low level becomes useless quick) go on the AH or my other characters. Everything else is salvaged.

It's taking my items like 20 seconds to be put on the AH. Also my friend messaged me saying, "laagggg".

Well, at least it's working for you. I keep getting errors, timeouts, and my gold count is different/wrong every time.

Ugh. So fucking frustrating. I basically need the AH now on Nightmare.

MrDenny

I'm on act 2 NM, but my public games won't show act 2 anymore, only act 1 quest 3-8.
Happened when I joined a act 2 public game but got sent to act 1 for some reason.
Anyone know whats wrong?

Yoshichan

tales of awesomeness _and rage_ btw :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom