• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

sold my 2h for $45 as soon as the RMAH came out, came back in 15 minutes, bought a better 2h for $20 with my bnet balance

im ok with this

I am seriously thinking about selling all my current gear and recooperating the cost of the game and then uninstalling it.

I can't be part of this anymore.

Blizzard should've advertised Diablo 3 as "it prints money!"

SmokingMoney.jpg

People are paying these prices despite knowing that legendaries and item drop rates are getting overhauled massively in the next month or two.

Which is why I think it's the intital crazies all waiting for the RMAH to go live. Anyone on GAF spending that cash? Nope. You're all running around like mad seeing if you can make a buck. Soon ... everyone will be trying to make a buck.

I'm completely shocked at the going rate for some of those items though.

Something, something loot drops weren't intentionally bad to drive people to the AH. Because Blizzard would never jump on the monetization train. This is going to be in every loot whore game from now on.

Yeah, well, much like WoW, this little trick won't work for every fish in the pond on anything approaching the same scale. They are the legendary catfish that lives in the lake for decades and can't be caught - one of a kind.

Blizzard fans constantly surprise me with their fervent dedication and willingness to spend any amount of cash on Blizzard stuff. They have done it again with this - they are throwing down whatever cash they can to bypass the whole point of the game. It's stunning.

sleepykyo

This game will become two games. One for people who want to play to advance and one for people who want to find someting so they can cash out. A constant cycle if there's enought jack holes paying this much.

I'm still under the assumption that this won't last. I think it's a combo of people waiting on the sidelines for the RMAH to go live and 1.0.3 not live yet. If more people can farm top tier items, prices will have to fall.

I do imagine a flood of items is about to happen and that some of it will die down. Before I get to partake. :(

And people wonder how F2P games make money. Always people willing to waste their cash on stuff in games, and when you got a big game like Diablo 3.... boom

scy

Hell, I was just about to ask you if you want that leveling 2Her you gave me back. That's probably a cool hundred bucks right there, just gathering dust in my stash!

Honestly, I don't even remember the weapon you're talking about :x

This game will become two games. One for people who want to play to advance and one for people who want to find someting so they can cash out. A constant cycle if there's enought jack holes paying this much.

I'm still under the assumption that this won't last. I think it's a combo of people waiting on the sidelines for the RMAH to go live and 1.0.3 not live yet. If more people can farm top tier items, prices will have to fall.

I wasn't really planning on doing much with the RMAH. Maybe cover an expansion eventually. By the sound of things, I can just take advantage of things and make a decent amount of BlizzardBucks to convert later.

Not sure how I feel about this yet.

Edit: Besides the whole "Kind of wish I was home right now" part of it.

Glix

Every time I put something up for sale they text me a numerical code. When I put the code it the auction fails.

WTF

Forget it, works now

Cipherr

I am seriously thinking about selling all my current gear and recooperating the cost of the game and then uninstalling it.

I can't be part of this anymore.

Blizzard should've advertised Diablo 3 as "it prints money!" at pre-releases.

They sort of did, we knew this was coming. They were extremely up front about it.

RDreamer

Come on stupids, buy my ridiculously priced stuff. Please. My wife would be so happy if my gaming habit recouped the cost of at least the game itself, lol.

Maybe the normal AH will stabilize a bit and gold prices will become more manageable...

Right guys?? Right? ... Guys?

More than likely the normal AH is going to get worse. That nice item is now worth real money! People are going to raise gold prices on items or not going to be posting shit in the normal AH anymore

nitric0

When I try to sell something in the RMAH, it says I need a paypal account and press "okay" to add one. I press OK and nothing happens, anyone?

I wasn't really planning on doing much with the RMAH. Maybe cover an expansion eventually. By the sound of things, I can just take advantage of things and make a decent amount of BlizzardBucks to convert later.

You're only exploiting someone else willingess to be a moron with their finances in a down economey. HAHA ...

Seriously though ... one has to assume there's a cap most people are willing to spend on a game. There's only a set amount of people willing to spend money period. As items roll in and people spend money, prices will fall. I would get in now if you can.

I would ... I just don't have anything worth selling.

ShaneB

My god, it begins indeed. Now I just wish I was home from work so I can see if I could sell of the random stuff I have. It didn't seem llike anything special, but damn, people will buy anything it seems.

You cant convert blizz balance to $

joesmokey

So how do Wizards deal with Act III/IV Inferno champ packs with Reflect Damage? It never used to be a big deal for me in earlier Acts, but I cannot stay alive, even with popping Crystal Skin and potions on cooldown. I have like 32k HP and 52k DPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom