• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joked about Metzen buying that $250 Stormshield in the last thread...now I'm thinkin' conspiracy. The minute that happened everyone sprinted to the RMAH ;p

Now they have their huge economy going and already beginning to stabilize, getting everyone on there was the hard part. It didn't take much convincing in the end. They even got me to take a stab at it and I never thought I would. Conspiracy!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oops, didn't realize OT4 was already up.

Real money auction house, eh?

Perhaps it's time to put these bad boys up for sale...

Cx0b2.jpg

v0mitg0d

So I got to interview Max Schaefer while I was at E3 last week, and it was so much fun! We ended up discussing the future of the Torchlight series including the MMO, Diablo 3 and why it’s release has been very good for Torchlight 2, the now infamous ‘Error 37’ and why he hopes they’re fortunate enough to experience it, Torchlight 2 on XBLA & Mac, how Minecraft could meet Torchlight, plus his overall inspirations in games design.

Check it out and let me know what you think. It's pretty in depth, and I'm sort of proud of this one. :)

http://eat-games.tumblr.com/post/24969892500/max-schaefer-interview-torchlight2

Cagey

Banned
The Andariel's helm will list at $250 and not move like everyone else's, because there's $250 helms with 160-190 dex not moving either.

In general, listing an item for a huge dollar amount is like a lotto ticket, where you win the lotto by finding the sucker willing to pay.

Having fun with the Starter Edition... Loving the Monk (although I profoundly hate her voice), what character would you suggest I try next?

UberTag

Are you talking actual Two hundred and fifty american dollars? Because people keep throwing numbers like that around and it makes 0 sense to me.
Plenty of kids have open access to their parents' credit cards and no sense of fiscal responsibility. Makes PERFECT sense to me.

Alex

Wow, I sold a so-so ring for 50 dollars. Too bad I couldnt hook up PayPal yet, but there's Heart of the Swarm, I guess.

DSmalls84

So your options = Keep Blizz bucks and buy other rmah items/blizz store items or paypal xfer and lose some of the cash to fees?

TheKurgan

Well I don't have a super high level character, but I am really tempted to strip everything off my lvl 40 Sorc and put it all up on the auction house for $5-$10 an item. If I could make enough Blizzard Bucks to get a copy of Starcraft II I would LMFAO.

pigeon

Banned

It'l be interesting, actually, to figure out the most efficient way to launder Blizzard Bucks into Paypal cash. The commodity market would be the easiest way, but that's exactly why the fees are so high. Ideally you'd transfer your cash through a piece of equipment that's guaranteed to hold value over the short-term. (Which at this moment is nothing, but eventually maybe high-quality legendaries?)

Fixed1979

I haven't been able to log on for a few days as my phone with the authenticator died and I'm waiting on Blizzard to remove it from my account...and of course they don't support the new BB models yet.

I was really busy for a couple days so I didn't even notice but I need to get my fix soon.

lol51

Theres a FAQ about Battle.net Balance

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-balance-frequently-asked-questions-faq#q10
What can I purchase with my Battle.net Balance?

With Battle.net Balance, you can purchase:

World of Warcraft Character Services
  • Appearance Change
  • Faction Change
  • Name Change
  • Race Change
  • Realm Transfer

World of Warcraft Guild Services
  • Guild Faction Change
  • Guild Name Change
  • Guild Realm Transfer
  • Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
  • Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
  • Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Name Change

World of Warcraft Digital Upgrades
  • WoW: Battle Chest to Wrath of the Lich King
  • WoW: Battle Chest to Cataclysm
  • Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm

Other Digital Blizzard Games
  • Diablo II
  • Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  • StarCraft II
  • StarCraft Anthology
  • Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
  • Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Note: Battle.net Balance may only be used on digital versions of the above games at this time. Battle.net Balance cannot be used to purchase physical copies of these games through the Blizzard Store. Additionally, World of Warcraft Character and Guild Services are currently unavailable for purchase using AUD.

Can I convert my Battle.net Balance into cash?
Any amount you add to your Battle.net Balance, either through an approved payment method or by adding Diablo III auction house earnings to your Battle.net Balance, will not be refundable (except as otherwise provided by law), and you are not able to convert that Balance into cash.

Can I use my Battle.net Balance as the automatic payment method for my recurring World of Warcraft subscription?
No

Dahbomb

I bit the bullet and put like half of my gear on the AH. I put them in the $10-60 range.

This goes in my Blizzard account so if I sell it I should have enough for the Heart of Swarm expansion.

LordCanti

If you want your stuff to sell, undercut everyone else. There is a ton of overpriced crap up right now, and no one is buying.

scy

So your options = Keep Blizz bucks and buy other rmah items/blizz store items or paypal xfer and lose some of the cash to fees?

You can't go Blizzard Bucks -> Paypal so it's one or the other. Well, you can go Paypal -> Blizzard Bucks, I suppose.

I guess you can go Blizzard Bucks -> Buy an item to resell to Paypal but that feels like a roundabout method of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom