• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalCore

X7N790XPE86A1344454805641.jpg

I imagine this will benefit Double Tornado Barbs more.

Holy mother of god...I want to get back in!

DTKT

You just know that the demonic and angelic minion will do next to no damage. Same as the boots or the fire chains.

i just finish 1 Act I inferno run with my WD "gold farmer".

1235521 of gold.

with that goldskin armor the same run could be of 2M perfectly....

Wow those legendary changes are way beyond what I was imagining. Some really great ideas and interesting looking items. Seems like some people who already have legendary plans are going to make out like bandits too if they have ones that get buffed heavily.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I posted on the official forums about how the +elemental skill damage boosts, which are ironically not even mentioned in the blog, are probably the single biggest, most important change that is coming to the items. It's exactly the kind of thing that promotes skill diversity based on items and makes you consider new builds as soon as you get it. Getting a legendary one hander with under 800dps but +25% to all fire skills means that is still a very viable weapon and will probably increase the damage of the right build more than a 900+ dps weapon.

I read the patch notes last night as I was going to sleep. For some reason it didn't dawn on me to buy all of the crap legendarys that I could. The cheapest crappy legendary is 400,000 right now.

M.D

Someone on GAF was kind enough to give me a key for the starter edition and I started playing today

I love it! I started as a wizard but didn't get very far since I had to do something.
I'm pretty sure I want to buy this game now. Should I wait till after the patch or buy it now? What's the cheapest you can get it for right now (box from Europe with international delivery or online)?

Someone on GAF was kind enough to give me a key for the starter edition and I started playing today

I love it! I started as a wizard but didn't get very far since I had to do something.
I'm pretty sure I want to buy this game now. Should I wait till after the patch or buy it now? What's the cheapest I can get it (Europe with international delivery) or online?

There's no point in waiting- changes are important only for lvl 60 guys so by the time you are thereit will be already implemented.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Yeah, totally liking what I am hearing out of 1.04. One of the reasons me and my roommate stopped playing Diablo was because of the constant walls we hit. I mean if we sat through it and tried really hard, we could break through. Or if we got really rich and bought the right items - but that got tedious.

Changing the core mechanics of the game so it feels more like an 'increased efficiency' game is appreciated on this end.

Ontop of that, the changes in legendaries and group play mechanics are interesting me. Lesse what happens with class changes!

I'm pretty sure I want to buy this game now. Should I wait till after the patch or buy it now? What's the cheapest you can get it for right now (box from Europe with international delivery or online)?

Get it now. Most of the changes affect people level 60+

Wait are they retroactively buffing Legendary items or is it only for 1.04 drops?
It is not retroactive

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I read the patch notes last night as I was going to sleep. For some reason it didn't dawn on me to buy all of the crap legendarys that I could. The cheapest crappy legendary is 400,000 right now.

Wait are they retroactively buffing Legendary items or is it only for 1.04 drops?

Not retroactively buffing any legendaries - however if you have a legendary forge plan, the new legendaries you make will be buffed. So... those plans are probably selling for 90,000,000,000 right now.

Vodh

While it's not retroactive, the changes will affect craftable legendaries, and they will still require brimstone - so people are stocking up on crap to extract brimstone as the price of brimstone is increasing rapidly.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
It doesn't sound like they're making legendaries/sets substantially more common in the loot table, so I foresee a ton of complaints that the only way to get any of this is on the AH, with exorbitant prices on good rolls.

Need some assistance. There was a damage calculator linked in the last thread but I can't seem to find it. It was a new one which imports from your blizzard profile page.

Anyone know the one?

I'm really really curious about the skills boosts now. They had my interest when they detailed the main parts of 1.0.4. Then the legendary part came out and really got me excited. Hopefully they can keep that going witht he skill boosts.

Then we have 1.1 for PvP and any endgame stuff they said they were working on too.

I leave tomorrow evening for Costa Rica for 10 days. I'm hoping I come back and the patch comes out the following tuesday. Would be totally epic.

I really want to see some extra monk skill things since we dont deal that much elemental damage. If there is weapon that boosts the time whirlwind stays up or boosts its damage or number of cyclones i would be in love.

Crafting is looking up since 62 can now roll 63dmg even though its not affixes.

Kunohara

You guys remember from the first blog about 1.04 that they mentioned normal mobs dropping 4x as much loot right? I see that as a higher chance of uniques dropping. Then again, uniques in D2 did not drop often either. I'm hoping they increase the drop rate of them by even a little bit. 120 hours played, and only had 1 unique drop for me ever. Haven't even gotten a set or blacksmith plan yet.

Leckan

You just know that the demonic and angelic minion will do next to no damage. Same as the boots or the fire chains.

TBH even if it's true (which we don't know yet) it would be largely irrelevant since the whole point of legendary/unique items are that they feel/look different then rares for example. Of course they should be powerful as well, but it's not just about the stats themselves always.

That's why the items are so uninteresting currently.

Celegus

You guys remember from the first blog about 1.04 that they mentioned normal mobs dropping 4x as much loot right? I see that as a higher chance of uniques dropping. Then again, uniques in D2 did not drop often either. I'm hoping they increase the drop rate of them by even a little bit. 120 hours played, and only had 1 unique drop for me ever. Haven't even gotten a set or blacksmith plan yet.

Did we play the same game? Sure the really valuable ones rarely ever dropped, but I've probably had thousands of uniques drop in D2. Pretty much every boss run was guaranteed 2-3.

What level are you at?

The first 100 hours I didn't find anything. Then I got to level 60. After a 5 stack of NV, you're never withouth 75% MF bonus. Legendaries have dropped much more often for me post 60 than pre 60. Prior to inferno I only had 2 fall. I've since seen like 20+ easy. I have a MF set for act II inferno getting me up to 225 MF after the NV stack. One weekend I had 4 drop in a matter of about 5 runs in VoA.

Kunohara

What level are you at?

The first 100 hours I didn't find anything. Then I got to level 60. After a 5 stack of NV, you're never withouth 75% MF bonus. Legendaries have dropped much more often for me post 60 than pre 60. Prior to inferno I only had 2 fall. I've since seen like 20+ easy. I have a MF set for act II inferno getting me up to 225 MF after the NV stack. One weekend I had 4 drop in a matter of about 5 runs in VoA.

I've been 60 for weeks. Currently in Act 3 inferno. Getting my ass raped there, so I've been farming Act 1 and 2. I even do the MF gear switch thing before killing any packs.

Yeah, uniques in D2 for me rarely dropped. I just have terrible luck. I'm hoping with the new patch, all that bad luck will be used up, and I get rained on :)

I'm at about 175 hours now and I've had one legendary, and that's it. No sets, no nothing.

The last couple of weeks that's been swapping in 290MF (before NV) on packs too. Ho hum. =/

Celegus

That is awesome. I've been thinking about changing some equipment to try the double tornado thing, but wanted to wait and see how bad it was going to get nerfed first. So glad to see Blizz admitting mistakes and doing more to make the game FUN instead of spreadsheets and numbers.

scy

Weapon damage increased from 210% over 3 seconds to 700% over 5 seconds

Hopes are raised for the other tweaks if some of these skills/runes are getting doubling the output as a baseline.

V_Arnold

Wow at the Barb changes.

But I thought that Blizzard only has incompetent monkeys!!! And that smaller dev studios are able to change stuff more rapidly in their beta phases! What to think now ? Help? :D

*continues gathering Barb stuff. has ONE godlike belt. That is it.*

I've been 60 for weeks. Currently in Act 3 inferno. Getting my ass raped there, so I've been farming Act 1 and 2. I even do the MF gear switch thing before killing any packs.

Yeah, uniques in D2 for me rarely dropped. I just have terrible luck. I'm hoping with the new patch, all that bad luck will be used up, and I get rained on :)

I'm at about 175 hours now and I've had one legendary, and that's it. No sets, no nothing.

The last couple of weeks that's been swapping in 290MF (before NV) on packs too. Ho hum. =/

That seems wild to me. Do any of you kill trash mobs or just run to elites?

Insaniac

Had THREE legendary drops in Act 2 Inferno in the same game. All trash. Ughhh now I know I won't get any legendaries for a long time after 1.04 comes out

Celegus

I've only gotten 4 legendaries (all completely worthless) in over 200 hours of play. Barb has 150mf before NV for farming Act 1 and around 75-100 for Act 2. I always kill trash mobs though, since that's where all 4 of my oranges have come from.

I've only gotten 4 legendaries (all completely worthless) in over 200 hours of play. Barb has 150mf before NV for farming Act 1 and around 75-100 for Act 2. I always kill trash mobs though, since that's where all 4 of my oranges have come from.

Had 3 drop from barrels so i dont dare to destroy barrels now.

turnbuckle

Think this is the first time posting in a Diablo 3 OT. Got the game a week and a half ago and currently just farming Act III of Hell trying to get gold to buy upgrades for Inferno. I had the Asheara's Bindings plans drop while farming act III and was able to sell that for about 5 million, but inefficient use of that gold has left me still treading water.

Part of my problem in act 1 inferno is that I'm still wanting to have boosts to magic find / gold find, but balancing that with my damage output and survival has been a challenge. I'm sure my build isn't optimal, but I haven't done a lot of research into maximizing my Demon Hunter's potential.

Anywho, excited for whenever the new patch hits.

turnbuckle

Had THREE legendary drops in Act 2 Inferno in the same game. All trash. Ughhh now I know I won't get any legendaries for a long time after 1.04 comes out

Ha, I had 3 drop for me last week all within 3 hours of play. And it was right after taking off some MF gear since the two friends I was playing with also had low MF gear. I had 2 legendaries drop within 2-3 minutes of each other in the same cave - can't remember which one.

One of the drops was actually a nice upgrade for me at the time. Haven't found any worthwhile legendaries since other than the BS plans that I sold right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom