• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Calling it now, Tornado for wizards will be an absolute beast move. Target a path + slow + huge damage.

Celegus

Ha, I had 3 drop for me last week all within 3 hours of play. And it was right after taking off some MF gear since the two friends I was playing with also had low MF gear. I had 2 legendaries drop within 2-3 minutes of each other in the same cave - can't remember which one.

One of the drops was actually a nice upgrade for me at the time. Haven't found any worthwhile legendaries since other than the BS plans that I sold right away.

Wow. So weird how people have such different drop rates.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The barb changes sound good. They took the sensible approach in comparing skill combinations and weighing different choices. Now there's an actual viable choice that requires some thought instead of a single, obvious choice.

Good thing they're not nerfing sprint or battle rage, otherwise that would be 3 builds of mine that have been hit with the nerf bat so far :p

Calling it now, Tornado for wizards will be an absolute beast move. Target a path + slow + huge damage.

If they buff tornado, crit mass Wizards will get even stronger than they are now. I have a feeling they'll leave wicked wind the same, but buff all the other runes.

turnbuckle

Wow. So weird how people have such different drop rates.

Well, before finding a lvl 57 legendary spear or polearm (can't remember) last night I had gone about 30 hours of game time without finding a legendary. That's with (after neph stacks) Magic Find in near 250, gold find near 300.

Ran across this yesterday :

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-08-14%20%C3%A0%2023.30.33.png

Affixes are : immune to fire, immune to cold, immune to basically everything, from all elemental and physical.

We couldn't hit them. We figured out that it was a display bug for the invulnerable minions affix but when we got the main elite, he had no affix so we where confused. We just hit hard on him and yet, when he got down his minions died too... Weird bug

Stripes55

Neo Member
What level are you at?

The first 100 hours I didn't find anything. Then I got to level 60. After a 5 stack of NV, you're never withouth 75% MF bonus. Legendaries have dropped much more often for me post 60 than pre 60. Prior to inferno I only had 2 fall. I've since seen like 20+ easy. I have a MF set for act II inferno getting me up to 225 MF after the NV stack. One weekend I had 4 drop in a matter of about 5 runs in VoA.

I wish I had your luck. I've had no legendaries drop since hitting level 60. Granted, I'm only in Act I Inferno and not Act II...but my BASE MF is +115%, so with 5 NV it's +190%. I know your MF is a little higher than mine, but I would have thought I'd see SOMETHING by now.

BTW, you're a monk...what were your resistances at in Act I? I've been trying to upgrade mine. Right now I'm at 330 across the board, and I get the feeling that's a big part of my problem (dying, that is, not the MF issue)...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ran across this yesterday :

Affixes are : immune to fire, immune to cold, immune to basically everything, from all elemental and physical.

We couldn't hit them. We figured out that it was a display bug for the invulnerable minions affix but when we got the main elite, he had no affix so we where confused. We just hit hard on him and yet, when he got down his minions died too... Weird bug

I came across the same thing. Confused the fuck outta me at first

IlludiumQ36

I wish I had your luck. I've had no legendaries drop since hitting level 60. Granted, I'm only in Act I Inferno and not Act II...but my BASE MF is +115%, so with 5 NV it's +190%. I know your MF is a little higher than mine, but I would have thought I'd see SOMETHING by now.

BTW, you're a monk...what were your resistances at in Act I? I've been trying to upgrade mine. Right now I'm at 330 across the board, and I get the feeling that's a big part of my problem (dying, that is, not the MF issue)...
Every one of my 4 set pieces and 14 or so of my legendaries dropped in Act I Inferno. It's completely random if one drops an ANY act, extra MF or no base MF. Only your statistical probability is improved with higher MF.

lol in the past week I purchased 2 reduced level weapons. One of them I got for 1 mil while the other I got for 2.5 mil. I sold the first one for 25 bucks in the rmah and just got an email that I sold the second one for 28 bucks.

It's all too easy.

V_Arnold

I'm more interested in them finding a way to make Arcane Torrent not suck.

Faster casting or move casting should do the trick, however insane that sounds. Then some buff to the damage, and bam. The debuff arcane mines are already crazy with the proper gear, imho.

It's just wild the difference in luck people are having I guess.

Though I suppose you can say I'm lucky, but when none of the legendaries I've found are worth a damn ...

perspective ...

scy

It's just wild the difference in luck people are having I guess.

Though I suppose you can say I'm lucky, but when none of the legendaries I've found are worth a damn ...

perspective ...

I feel bad for the people who are finding Legendaries right now :( Like, I think the day before the Legendary preview went up, someone just found a Goldskin and was told it was worthless. It'll have almost _7 times the Gold Find_ soon. Damn.

inky

When I was still playing I was getting a couple of legendaries/set each day with ~350 MF. I do think it makes a lot of difference.

Xamdou

lol in the past week I purchased 2 reduced level weapons. One of them I got for 1 mil while the other I got for 2.5 mil. I sold the first one for 25 bucks in the rmah and just got an email that I sold the second one for 28 bucks.

It's all too easy.

Wow nice! What were the specs on em?

Formosa

Hi guys, just a heads up, try not to sell stuff on the RMAH for now. People are starting to file charge backs against Blizzard and yes you will loss money until Blizz solves the problem.

Stripes55

Neo Member
Hi guys, just a heads up, try not to sell stuff on the RMAH for now. People are starting to file charge backs against Blizzard and yes you will loss money until Blizz solves the problem.

Not saying this isn't true, but do you have a link to an article that more fully describes the issue? I ask because I just put a few things up on there last night. Thanks.

Formosa

Not saying this isn't true, but do you have a link to an article that more fully describes the issue? I ask because I just put a few things up on there last night. Thanks.

I can't find the thread anymore, prob got deleted. Not saying that every buyer will do charge backs but for your own safety you should just wait a bit.

Wow nice! What were the specs on em?
one of them was a legendary manticore, that's the one I bought for 1 million lol. Had about 800 dps, 150 dex, crit damage 45. Around there. Low attack speed bonus (like 3). Reduced level 14 I think on that one, maybe it was 12 or 13.

Second one was dps 1100, crit damage 60. Paid 2.5 mil for that one, had reduced level 12. Just nabbed a crossbow with 800 LoH and 1249 dps with reduced level which I got for cheap that I plan to flip.

Natiko

Banned
Decided to dump my old firewalkers in case their value sank a lot with the coming update. I bought them for 2 million gold and was mainly interested in at least turning a slight profit so I put it up min bid of 2,500,000 and a buyout of 5,000,000... They got bought out super fast. I feel like I just cheated myself out of some potential gold:lol

M.D

I've finished what I'm assuming is Act 1 (Skeleton King) at level 9 (Starter Edition) as a Wizard. I'll probably try another class now.. What do you guys recommend? Wizard was pretty boring TBH

He was the first real challenge so far. I would've probably died without the crazy amount of health orbs dropping.

I hate this game because I can't leave a place without visiting everything on the map and seeing it complete... why r u doing it to me blizzard :(

I've finished what I'm assuming is Act 1 (Skeleton King) at level 9 (Starter Edition) as a Wizard. I'll probably try another class now.. What do you guys recommend? Wizard was pretty boring TBH

He was the first real challenge so far. I would've probably died without the crazy amount of health orbs dropping.

I hate this game because I can't leave a place without visiting everything on the map and seeing it complete... why r u doing it to me blizzard :(

Witch Dr. is a great class, I tried it after playing Wizard and love it. What is it about the wizard that you do not like?

That's only half of Act 1 once you get full game ;)

I'd suggest monk or witch doctor - so far those 2 were most enjoyable for me on the road to 60.

jkanownik

This became a big problem with Diablo 2 Ebay sales back in late 2001/ early 2002. Paypal sided with the buyer every time. I'm surprised they don't have a solution for this 10 years later. I actually lost my Paypal account due to it because I shut it down and removed all the funds.

Radec

Level 9?
then you'll get bored with all the classes then. lol

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
If they buff tornado, crit mass Wizards will get even stronger than they are now. I have a feeling they'll leave wicked wind the same, but buff all the other runes.

It's not the skills that are the problem in that build, it's Critical Mass, specifically its interaction with the tornadoes. It just isn't supposed to proc that much. The Barb double tornado build isn't nearly as nuts, it's just a decent quirky build.

M.D

Witch Dr. is a great class, I tried it after playing Wizard and love it. What is it about the wizard that you do not like?

I like Wizard, it's just been boring probably since I'm only at level 9 and haven't unlocked that many spells. I generally like ranged classes like Wizard more than melee.

That's only half of Act 1 once you get full game ;)

I'd suggest monk or witch doctor - so far those 2 were most enjoyable for me on the road to 60.

How long it the campaign than? :p

I'll try out Monk to mix things up with melee and then do Witch Doctor.
How's Hunter? That's a class I'm curious about. BTW, are going to be more classes in the future with expansions?

Level 9?
then you'll get bored with all the classes then. lol

I don't understand.. did I do something wrong?

That part of the problem. My MF gear is always on when farming act II.
I do the same. Do you farm Act 3 as well? I find I always go in and try to farm it but even though I don't die that much, I just can't find anything that flows anywhere near as well as doing Act 2 runs. It sucks though because I know that I'm missing out on the potential for the best blacksmith plans which I *think* only drop on Act 3/4.

Radec

I don't understand.. did I do something wrong?

Almost 90% of the skills and runes are yet to be unlocked at that level, so I'd say hold on your judgement first until you tried most of them.

Critical Mass Wiz are fun. and pretty much overpowered.

I'm getting bored with WD btw, but I'm still level 43 and waiting to unlock Zombie Bears(lvl 54) which they said WD's best skill.

turnbuckle

I farm Act III on Hell with mostly gold find, but well over 200 magic find too. Starting from the bridge I can make a few hundred thousand in an hour, have minimal repair costs, and have had a few legendary drops.

eek5

Lacerate rune for Rend...

Lacerate weapon damage increased from 271% over 3 seconds to 903% over 5 seconds

That's insane lol. Considering you can stack bleed, with berserker you'd be doing 1800% weapon damage over 5 second with a rend and you could use it twice straight up after WotB. HNGGG

edit:2H barb is going to be sick lol
edit2: people are saying rend doesn't stack so idk :/

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Rend was so useless before, primarily because it didn't stack. Interesting that they increased the duration since it already was very light on fury. That's a good thing though since you can easily use it with Battle Rage etc, and the DPS has been doubled.

I do the same. Do you farm Act 3 as well? I find I always go in and try to farm it but even though I don't die that much, I just can't find anything that flows anywhere near as well as doing Act 2 runs. It sucks though because I know that I'm missing out on the potential for the best blacksmith plans which I *think* only drop on Act 3/4.

Everything drops on all levels now after 1.0.3. Act III just drops those high iLVL items more often (plans are part of that). I farm both act III and act II. I get bored with doing the same run over and over.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Everything drops on all levels now after 1.0.3. Act III just drops those high iLVL items more often. I farm both act III and act II. I get bored with doing the same run over and over.

All item levels drop, but I have heard that the recipes are exclusive. Don't know if it's been proven though.

scy

Rend was so useless before, primarily because it didn't stack. Interesting that they increased the duration since it already was very light on fury. That's a good thing though since you can easily use it with Battle Rage etc, and the DPS has been doubled.

I'm interested in seeing how Rend fares if only because of the fact the DPS was doubled. I mean, if it's STILL bad, holy shit did they miss things originally.

All item levels drop, but I have heard that the recipes are exclusive. Don't know if it's been proven though.
I *thought* I'd read that somewhere before too, but I don't know how official it is. I just know that I've found plenty of plans, but never one of the good ones and thought it was perhaps due to the fact I almost exclusively farm in Act 2.

I've gotten so many random recipes the past 2 days, exalted grand zhezl, exalted grand ghost sight, perfect star topaz, and 2 others. Mostly shit though. Got them all in act 3.

I don't really understand the point of legendaries that can't be used at the end game. Stuff that is below ilvl 61 is completely useless...as you level past the legendary in less than an hour.

Unless Blizzard has some plans for scaling or is planning on introducing attributes to these lower level legendaries that would make the viable for endgame...I'd rather they just be removed. When I see that gold colored item on the ground, I want to know I just hit the jackpot!

This is one of the things that really can't be remedied in a game with a realistic level cap and straightforward notions of item level. Low level uniques in Diablo 2 were very usable for high level characters. Sigon's was perfect for a huge range of levels while leveling a character. The linearity of the item design is a fundamental thing in Diablo 3's systems that can't really be fixed without complete systemic overhauls.

M.D

Almost 90% of the skills and runes are yet to be unlocked at that level, so I'd say hold on your judgement first until you tried most of them.

Critical Mass Wiz are fun. and pretty much overpowered.

I'm getting bored with WD btw, but I'm still level 43 and waiting to unlock Zombie Bears(lvl 54) which they said WD's best skill.

Obviously :p I was just saying it's boring at this level...

I started a Monk and holy shit is it fun! It's a lot faster and even the skills at the beginning are very cool.. although I do find myself losing health a lot more, but those health orbs make up for it

How does the teleport skill work? It seems to be based on your location, but it seems to work differently every time I use it

tafer

Those barbarian changes sound amazing (I always wanted to use cleave).

Good for blizzard, looks like they are learning!
And bad for me, I was expecting the opposite (I was 100% sure they were going to nerf WW barbs)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
And bad for me, I was expecting the opposite (I was 100% sure they were going to nerf WW barbs)
At most I thought that they might tune it down slightly.
The thing that differentiates WW barbs from other builds that have been nerfed before, is that WW barbs still need semi-decent gear to get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom