• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

It depends on the host. If a level 1 host creates the game on Paragon 6, the game is gonna have Paragon 6 enemies.

Yes, 2.0 change!

I think it's based on base levels and not paragon levels.

.______. I meant Torment, not Paragon!

So you meant that, if a level 1 is a host at Torment VI, the enemies will be Torment VI level based on level 1?

I think I got it then! Thanks to clarify! =)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So you meant that, if a level 1 is a host at Torment VI, the enemies will be Torment VI level based on level 1?

I think I got it then! Thanks to clarify! =)

Yup, exactly like that! As the level 1 host levels up, the game will get harder for each level.

Calidor

what's up with that level bonus that you can now get with a RoS preorder?

should I be enraged that this game has turned pay to win?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

No.
It applies to everyone.
Haven't you logged in and seen it?

Was there a patch over night? I was playing last night and the cage run in act II was pretty fast...

I think they were referring to the Caldeum runs and the Brood Mother runs.

Bradach

I'm a bit confused with the new difficulty settings. I played my barb up until Act 2 Inferno before i stopped playing 6 months after release.

The last few nights I've been leveling up my wizard (she was only lvl 20 and was in Act 2 normal when I stopped playing last year). So I'm playing away and having fun but she was murdering everything effortlessly. So I just changed difficulty to Hard and continued the story. She's still moping the floor with everything.

Should I just keep upping the difficulty until it becomes challenging? Are there better items in higher difficulties?

Shifty76

I haven't played in ages, but it was nice to see some new gear drastically improve my numbers.
That said, would anyone have any advice on what monks should be looking for?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/firehawk12-1464/hero/4179715

This was a set up I used for original Inferno back in the day, which was based on tanking damage and trying to use life on hit gear to try to catch up with the damage. I've been doing okay on Torment I, but I don't know how long that'll last.

Can't check your bnet link from work, but some general things I would recommend:

1) Scour the AH for jewelry. In particular, jewelry with good avg dmg, cc, dex, and ideally some ias or cd. I haven't found anything in 2.0 that even comes close to the dps I get from my pre-2.0 jewelry. I don't care about 200 vit on a ring - I can get that vit anywhere, but those damage rolls are tough to come by. I think the best 2.0 ring I've found gave me 20k less dps than my current worst ring.

2) Say goodbye to life steal and start working on alternate forms of sustain. I go with Transcendence mostly, as I have a pretty solid +globe bonus which boosts it.

3) Can't see if you're using it, but Resolve is a pretty bad passive as it only helps vs physical dmg. Physical dmg shouldn't be killing you - it's the elemental damage that hurts, and Resolve does NOTHING against that.

I wrote up a bit of a guide on the build I'm using right now over on the monk subreddit on reddit. Here's the link if you're interested in giving it a go. The beauty of the build is that because bells give such a long stun, that it's an extremely safe build to play and you don't need amazing gear to survive even on higher difficulties.

Here's the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/1zp3df/stun_monk_v2/

%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%A1%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80-%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%BE-Tango-Cash-324068.gif

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yup, exactly like that! As the level 1 host levels up, the game will get harder for each level.

Look in the upper right corner of your game window. It'll show the difficulty and mob level.

If a level 1 player hosts the game, it'll say Torment VI (1), and that number will increase as the host levels up. If a level 60 joins after that, it still stays at the host level. (This is a pretty good way to level up lower level characters)

bcl0328

So what is a good/fun Barbarian build now? I loved WW, but I heard it was nerfed. I like jumping into tons of enemies and doing lots of AoE so I'm not a fan of single target builds, or do I have to now? I have a WW build I'm using, it just doesn't seem like it does a whole lot of damage.

So what is a good/fun Barbarian build now? I loved WW, but I heard it was nerfed. I like jumping into tons of enemies and doing lots of AoE so I'm not a fan of single target builds, or do I have to now? I have a WW build I'm using, it just doesn't seem like it does a whole lot of damage.

Whirlwind is still very viable.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#chdUTP!ghW!bYYZab

Is a pretty cookie cutter build. You can experiment with battle rage and I personally am running war cry since I group so much and I have a belt special that gives 32% run speed to all effected for 10 seconds which is amazing.

RS4-

Damn not sure if I should sell to plan for the demon's skin. Found it last night and the price was 30 mill. Price is hovering above 20 at the moment.

Edit - oh yeah can't sell crafted items in ah either way. If I could, I probably would've crafted DS items, but I don't think I'd have made xx million by the time AH goes down anyway.

Kssio_Aug

Can someone please add me at Neogaf Clan? Ive sent a PM to the OP to enter at the Comunity List and he told me to post here to it. Thank you!!
Battletag: KssioAug#1269
Server Region: American Server (Time Zone: -03:00)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
they killed power leveling in the last patch though

:(

You can still boost from 1 to 60 HC in less than an hour, post-nerf. Trick is to have the lowbie level 1 player host the game so mobs scale to their level (e.g level 1 @ T6), so the level 60 booster blitzes through them quickly, cause the XP earned for the lowbie is exactly the same as if they were level 60 T6 mobs. Once the lowbie reaches 50-52 switch it around to level 60 mobs.

Can someone please add me at Neogaf Clan? Ive sent a PM to the OP to enter at the Comunity List and he told me to post here to it. Thank you!!

If you're EU, add me to friends and I'll invite you later today: Tunesmith#1650.

Shadow780

search for armor, bonus to elites > 28% and max mana.

then you have to navigate the rings searching for the wall of zombis cooldown

Thanks, also do you know if there's a database for legacy items to check their possible attributes since Blizzard changed their game guide to 2.0 items now?

Yeah, you really can't go wrong. My only suggestion is to reset your quests so you can get those fat rewards again. It's on the Game Settings menu screen.

Boogdud

So does anyone know what happens on pc when someone buys only RoS? I have some friends that might be interested in d3 finally and I'm wondering about recommending they get (or me buying for them) regular d3 or just wait until RoS and get that instead.

So does anyone know what happens on pc when someone buys only RoS? I have some friends that might be interested in d3 finally and I'm wondering about recommending they get (or me buying for them) regular d3 or just wait until RoS and get that instead.

RoS is an expansion? You can't only buy RoS.

Dahbomb

Haven't seen any standout class yet... all of them have been pretty good and running into all classes. Wizards the most but I think that's more because they have been changed the most with many interesting changes.

I think Monks are insanely good right now. EP + Cyclone + Lightning damage affixes from Legendaries and now I have added Area damage from Paragon points. That stat is really good for the build... I can't exactly document it but when I put those stats in I felt I have been clearing mobs even faster.

Baskcm

If you're EU, add me to friends and I'll invite you later today: Tunesmith#1650.[/QUOTE]

added ya to my fl is ya dont mind shooting me a invite

Einbroch

Banned

Tell them to wait until RoS is released. Blizzard likes to seriously mark down the base games around the time of an expansion release.

Haven't seen any standout class yet... all of them have been pretty good and running into all classes. Wizards the most but I think that's more because they have been changed the most with many interesting changes.

I think Monks are insanely good right now. EP + Cyclone + Lightning damage affixes from Legendaries and now I have added Area damage from Paragon points. That stat is really good for the build... I can't exactly document it but when I put those stats in I felt I have been clearing mobs even faster.

Monks were in a really good state prior to 2.0, and are even better afterward. I don't think they needed/received as much of a boost as the wizard did.

I love my 60 witch doctor, too, but I feel he lags behind some of the other classes in terms of pure killing speed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just can't figure out my WD. I want to play it but I just feel so shitty compared to other, even less-geared characters. I haven't tried the fetish passive+vamp bat spam yet though, that could be fun especially if I luck into that 100% pet damage helm

Boogdud

RoS is an expansion? You can't only buy RoS.

I have no idea why, but for some reason I thought RoS was going to be standalone. Gonna be a hard sell to get them to pony up $80 for one game. Might tell them to just wait until ps4, since it will likely be both bundled up.

I have no idea why, but for some reason I thought RoS was going to be standalone. Gonna be a hard sell to get them to pony up $80 for one game. Might tell them to just wait until ps4, since it will likely be both bundled up.

Sometime after launch they will reduce the price of Diablo 3 base. They probably don't want too now because they'd lose money doing it.

Skytylz

Banned
I just can't figure out my WD. I want to play it but I just feel so shitty compared to other, even less-geared characters. I haven't tried the fetish passive+vamp bat spam yet though, that could be fun especially if I luck into that 100% pet damage helm

I haven't had much luck either. I didn't play very much since a few weeks after launch and it seems like all the builds I used to use don't work that great or at all! No more zombie bears spam is really sad :(. I've just been leveling other characters up instead of grinding paragon levels and it's been pretty fun. Got a barb from 1 to 60 and a monk from 1 to 55 so far.

I might try to get all the classes to 60 instead of grinding paragon levels since that will probably be just almost at fast at 70 as it is now with the bonus exp and it sounds a hell of a lot more fun then playing the same character for the next month.

bcl0328

Yeah, you really can't go wrong. My only suggestion is to reset your quests so you can get those fat rewards again. It's on the Game Settings menu screen.

so if i go into torment difficulty and reset my quests, every boss drops a legendary? how many times can i do this?

Have them check battle.net if they have an account. I just bought Diablo III + RoS for $60. Not sure if it was a special deal or not, since I already have a bunch of other blizzard games. I was surprised actually, I was just going to get Diablo III standalone but when I saw the bundle I went for it.

So far I like it a lot.

It's been a long time since I've played D3 and I really want to dust off my Witch Doctor. Outside of scouring this really long thread, does anyone have any advice for what WDs are good at now? What are some good builds?

I am running a build that was an Inferno kiting build that is just so ssslllooowww at killing things. I am clearly way behind the times now.

Insaniac

My friend got a sweet WD Helm called Carnevil. What it does is whenever he shoots a poison dart the fetishes shoot too. So now he's got this hybrid bears build with Fetish army to get some ridiculous burst single target DPS. We can't wait til he gets enough of the Zuni set to get the "Fetish army lasts until it dies" set bonus

WD: I tend to use Acid Cloud as an opener on a group, Hex Jinx to chicken randoms, Fetish Army for some burst, then Spirit Barrage the main target until mana is low - dash in with Spirit Walk to regain mana, Soul Harvest to do weapon damage and get some extra boost before Spirit Walk runs out, then repeat. Seems to work well enough. High survivability - amazing in a group since you're constantly doing damage - but it does take a while to whittle things down. Not really sure what's a good alternative right now.

Sometime after launch they will reduce the price of Diablo 3 base. They probably don't want too now because they'd lose money doing it.

the 50% EXP Bonus for the run up to RoS is smart too, it will get some of the people on the fence waiting for the price drop to buy early at full price so they can get characters going quicker.

Doomsayer

What torment level are you WDs playing? My WD currently steamrolls T1 and does T2 pretty easily.

I had trash gear before the new patch but with the upgrades I've gotten I do about 80k dps and have ~1million toughness. My build is pretty basic,

Darts, Bears, Acid Cloud, Spirit Walk, Gargantuan, and Soul Harvest.

I'm looking to try some new builds, but I love the changes they've made so far.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ok, apparently we can set Clan Notes. It's a permission in the clan settings. Going to try setting clan notes with GAF member names later and see if anyone else can see the notes.

It would basically be the Diablo version of GAF tags.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok, apparently we can set Clan Notes. It's a permission in the clan settings. Going to try setting clan notes with GAF member names later and see if anyone else can see the notes.

It would basically be the Diablo version of GAF tags.

Good call!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom