• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monks were in a really good state prior to 2.0, and are even better afterward. I don't think they needed/received as much of a boost as the wizard did.

I love my 60 witch doctor, too, but I feel he lags behind some of the other classes in terms of pure killing speed.

Monk is an awesome class. I like my WD too, but not as much as my monk. I'm having a ton of fun with my stun bell / vac monk hybrid.

IceMarker

Stay up and play Diablo III yesterday morning, so that I have only 4 hours of sleep in between work and play; get home from work the following night; try to play Diablo III for a few hours and start falling asleep in my chair; crash in bed for 12 hours; wake up half an hour ago and start wrecking mobs as refreshed as ever.

THE CYCLE CONTINUES

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stay up and play Diablo III yesterday morning, so that I have only 4 hours of sleep in between work and play; get home from work the following night; try to play Diablo III for a few hours and start falling asleep in my chair; crash in bed for 12 hours; wake up half an hour ago and start wrecking mobs as refreshed as ever.

THE CYCLE CONTINUES

Hell fucking yes

ZenaxPure

THE CYCLE CONTINUES

Yeah I def played from around 4 pm last night until 2 am yesterday. Actually the only reason I stopped is cause I had a doctor appointment this morning so I figured I had to try and at least pretend to be a normal person for a bit.

Haven't done that in a while.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah I def played from around 4 pm last night until 2 am yesterday. Actually the only reason I stopped is cause I had a doctor appointment this morning so I figured I had to try and at least pretend to be a normal person for a bit.

Haven't done that in a while.

what

RS4-

This is trash, I can't reset my quests; I'm "missing" something from A1 despite having run through it start to finish again.

My WD is still languishing in the 20s, so not an expert by any means, but was grouped with 2 of them last night and it was just hilarious. The whole screen was full of zombie critters. I kept bursting out laughing every elite pack.

Only T1, so things were moving along at a pretty good clip. Hopefully WD ends up in a good spot, because that class is just ridiculous fun...

My WD is still languishing in the 20s, so not an expert by any means, but was grouped with 2 of them last night and it was just hilarious. The whole screen was full of zombie critters. I kept bursting out laughing every elite pack.

Only T1, so things were moving along at a pretty good clip. Hopefully WD ends up in a good spot, because that class is just ridiculous fun...
Are the pets viable now? Especially the zombie dogs?

XShagrath

There is an overflow clan as well. Only about 50 in there so far, so still plenty of room. I haven't been on much this week to run with people, but I'll be trying to do some over the weekend.

I put in my request for the Overflow in the clan thread a few days, and haven't heard anything. Don't know if anyone checks that thread anymore.

Shagrath#1850

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The hotfixes are now live. Quest farmers, start your tear ducts.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11914452071

Would be amusing if they massively overtuned the first time quest rewards and the new hot exploit was simply playing through the game.

I'm guessing this will be the go to way for gaining experience now. Outside of simply farming mobs.

I think that is the way that Blizzard would like it to be. Plow through all acts, then reset and do it again instead of doing one single area/quests over and over and over.

I like that they evened out the Cursed Chest spawns as well.

Kssio_Aug

I'm guessing this will be the go to way for gaining experience now. Outside of simply farming mobs.

I think that is the way that Blizzard would like it to be. Plow through all acts, then reset and do it again instead of doing one single area/quests over and over and over.

I like that they evened out the Cursed Chest spawns as well.

Yeah, seems that it will be it, or the Adventure Mode (that seems awesome).

I put in my request for the Overflow in the clan thread a few days, and haven't heard anything. Don't know if anyone checks that thread anymore.

Shagrath#1850

If I'm able to invite I'll hit you up tonight, but at least a couple of days ago it would still show up in the in-game clan browser, so you can request an inv through there if haven't already.

XShagrath

If I'm able to invite I'll hit you up tonight, but at least a couple of days ago it would still show up in the in-game clan browser, so you can request an inv through there if haven't already.
Okay. I just sent a request. I think the other day I tried to send a request through one of the officers (since that's what I read in the other thread), but it seems you can only do it through the "leader."

Also, is there any way to get the 'M'ap to default to the zone you're in rather than the overworld map?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
That's not an exploit... LOL!

That'sTheJoke.gif. (I'll add some quotes)

Didn't someone here (or maybe it was on Reddit?) posted a while back saying that they're not even acknowledging it's an issue?

There are a few things going on.

2H rolls in RoS (before the current bug) were low enough that 2H weren't better than 1H in any situation, according to Druin who had done the math. Travis said they were, and they would just wait for launch to see how it played out.

The new bug is that 2H are simply rolling damage as if they were 1H. After this is fixed and things are restored to "as intended", 2H will probably still be so weak that no one uses them. If Travis sees that they're still not being used at that point, they'll look into adjusting them.

There have also been persistent issues all along where weapons are rolling lower affix classes than they're supposed to. I think there were three different blue posts about it. Seems to be tough for them to solve for some reason.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Jeez really? It should be simple enough to fix. 2H should be better damage because they're slower. Simple as that.

Travis was convinced that with the higher base damage and lower APS (resource efficiency) they would wind up being better anyway. Stood his ground about it and just went "well, we'll see how it goes".

By the way, someone reported on the battle.net forum that the repeat quest was actually reduced to 0 for Cydaea/Asmodan. Curious to see if anyone's getting any repeat quest rewards at all.

Why am I still getting level 20ish legendaries at level 60. I had a Cain's set plan drop today but was disappointed that it was for level 23 I think. I thought these would scale now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tunesmith, I love you so much! You're a great poster :3 And you'll always be my friend!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Tunesmith, I love you so much! You're a great poster :3 And you'll always be my friend!

ib0pVXqf7G85ku.jpg

Yoshichan

It has NOTHING to do with me wanting the sword! I love you man, you're a great poster and a FANTASTIC Diablo 3 player!

Alchemy

How does Whimsyshire work now? I think I might be confused and have forgotten how switching Quests work, but it seems like the only way to change Acts is to change quests? Does that completely reset my story progress or just the current progress of the current quest step, then I can go back and resume story progress?

Wanted to check it out last night, but was afraid of killing my Barbarians story progress.

Also, do I need to keep upgrading the Staff of Herding to get into Whimsyshire on harder difficulties?

Dunfisch

*Thunderfury and Azurewrath*

I WAS IN THAT SESSION EARLIER.

You mean to tell me that later on after I left, both of those dropped? And I wasn't present! AAAAAAAAAH.

That aside, you're really going bonkers, Yoshi :D . I believe at the time I left the game you were at like what, 112-ish? And in that screen at 129.

Yoshichan

Hah Dunfisch! SHIT IS CRAZY

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I WAS IN THAT SESSION EARLIER.

You mean to tell me that later on after I left, both of those dropped? And I wasn't present! AAAAAAAAAH.

That aside, you're really going bonkers, Yoshi :D . I believe at the time I left the game you were at like what, 112-ish? And in that screen at 129.
That's how I roll.

Some epic trolling went down tonight on mumble.

Why am I still getting level 20ish legendaries at level 60. I had a Cain's set plan drop today but was disappointed that it was for level 23 I think. I thought these would scale now.

They are. There is a glitch, I believe, on some of the displayed levels on certain legendary items. Prior to this patch, such a low level legendary would not be available to a level 60 player. Unless you intentionally played nightmare.

Also a 23% chance to freeze on hit is amazing.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
They are. There a glitch I believe on some of the display levels odd certain legendary items. Prior to this patch, such a low level legendary would not be available to a level 60 player. Unless you intentionally played nightmare.
Plans drop on all levels. It's basically so you can collect them all with one character, you only get plan drops that you don't already know.

Yoshichan

GG! Fun fucking group today!

Went from 101 to 133

Nete

That was on the F&F beta where all weapons (1h too) had crazy damage numbers, they were nerfed on the closed/PTR. Currently (as in the last beta patch) 2h weapons are at 2500-3000 dps.

For example, this is the one I was using the last days with my crusader.

vQMmw7T.jpg

Rest of 2h weapons I had on the stash by the end of the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom