• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks lol

Found the free Blessed Shield flail after a long stretch of nothing and thanks to mr jengabord, shields everywhere!

kiLCaxO.png
Jealous. Really the item I want the most right now.

But just when I was getting a little bored of my Maximus/Combust build, I get this today.
tqwjzBP.png

Now gotta wait on the fix for the +Damage%. Had to reroll Vit for the Socket though.

Also got a pretty nice roll on a new pair of Magefists tonight.
Zo0kk4M.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hey guys, can you give me any tips to improve my build ?

I'm still to slow to do T1 Rifts alone with effectiveness.

Should i change any skills? What should i be gambling at Kadala?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/whitelines-2305/hero/39196152

I would say it is your rings, your chest armor, your gems, your shield, elemental damage and your weapon in that order

Your rings dont have crit chance and damage that will push your DPS up a lot, thats 12% chance and 100% damage you are potentially missing... this will all be luck. Look for rings with strength/crit chance/crit damage and attack speed

Your chest armor needs 3 sockets, and then upgrade all your gems to royal if you can... that will be almost +10% damage

Your shield doesnt have main stat which would be another 5-10% jump

Then there is the elemental damage which you can get on your amulet. But this will be based on luck. Same with finding rings, shield, etc with elemental.

Re-roll the smite on your belt to a skill you do use :p

Your weapon is a 1H which hurts your end damage. Maybe put your 1H away for the time being for a good 2H so your spenders are dealing more damage per wrath spent until you can resolve the rest of the build... its hard using a 1H with a sader... swap out finery for heavenly strength as you currently only have 5 sockets and that is only 350 strength, just getting a third socket on your chest armor and going to all royal will still balance in your favor for the time being.

Also look at changing something on the shoulders. You could have skill damage in place of the armor roll

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Thanks for the reply :)

Will try to improve as you said.

i should mention try to do it without sacrificing your survivability

your chest armor and shoulders didn't have favorable rolls (best to have strength/vit/all resist and sockets (for chest armor))... your pants could also have smite swapped out for your justice skill but i'd hope to find something you can have all resist on

get pants you can have all resist on and shoulders too so when you swap your rings out it doesn't make you die quicker

your vitality is at a good-ish spot and you don't want to really go any lower, your all resist needs to be a tad higher

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Haha fucking AFK farmer, look how many legs he just lost. People in the stream said 10+ legs dropped.

2014-04-2814_02_56-ta0rkcd.png

Laws00

Woke up in the middle of the night and saw this guy streaming on twitch. He talked about this new "exploit" people found. I go and see streams with people doing this thing being "AFK" and it got me thinking I don't think I want to play this game anymore right now.

Tarazet

I got a glorious Mantle of the Upside-Down Sinners - 498 Dex, 498 Vit, all res, and Sweeping Wind damage. Can't use it because I'm using Aughild's helm and shoulders with RoRG for the 3-piece, and the only other piece that is somewhat viable for Aughild's is the bracer - which would have to roll perfect to justify replacing the Strongarm Bracers. Frustrating.

Would you make the tradeoff to get both Aughild's 3-piece and the Thousand Storms 4-piece?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492

Another 550 shards on chest pieces using my Monk. Nothing. Been about 1200 now since she even gave me a leg let alone giving me Cindercoat. Total is now 1600.

Time to do more rifts.

garath

Wow. What a couple of days in D3 for me. I had gotten so few legendaries over the last couple weeks, it all seemed to come all at once over the weekend.

Legendaries I ended up with:
Nat's slayer
Danetta's Spite (to match my Danetta's revenge I had)
Cluckeye
2h xbow
Set shadow gloves
boots
Skeleton king Pauldrons
2 rings
Broken crown
gloves from kadala.. not magefists though :(
2nd Cloak of Garwulf

All of this in about 4 hours of total playtime. Just in the 15min I played while my wife was getting ready for bed last night I got the 2h xbow, broken crown, boots and the Pauldrons from the resulting cache.

RNG.

Using the Danetta set just for the heck of it. I like neoenigma's approach. I'll use those for bounty runs. I can vault indefinitely and just make my way around the map so easy. But normal gameplay I'll use my Slayer and quiver. More dps and more survivability with that setup.

All of this was on Torment 2. I usually just tried to clear things as fast as possible on T1. I'm now sticking with T2 or higher.

Mumei

I haven't had much luck with legs recently, I felt like I was killing things too slowly in Torment, and I was feeling the benefits of killing things in Master... so I spent the 120-some keystones I had saved up on RIF and Kadala. I mostly got rares for my trouble, but they were still upgrades!

I managed to upgrade sheet damage from ~510K to ~769K, but my toughness (mostly health) dropped quite a bit. This might not be up to date (my most recent changes just happened this morning), but here's my profile.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and the abilities I have set are just something I was trying; it's not really "my build" (which I don't have and haven't settled on).

Celegus

All of this in about 4 hours of total playtime. Just in the 15min I played while my wife was getting ready for bed last night I got the 2h xbow, broken crown, boots and the Pauldrons from the resulting cache.

Wow, that's crazy. I had pretty decent luck last night in terms of quantity, but nothing even remotely useful. 8 more forgotten souls for the pile I guess! I swear legendary armor just doesn't exist... all I find are weapons weapons weapons. Haven't found an upgrade to my crappy pants/belt/helm/gloves since Paragon 70, and I'm 115 now.

Got so excited when a set crossbow dropped. Ended up being a Danettas :(

If I get a socket in it I think it would be a bit of a damage boost but huge tough loss, prob isn't going to be enough of a damage boost to be worth it.

If I get a socket in it I think it would be a bit of a damage boost but huge tough loss, prob isn't going to be enough of a damage boost to be worth it.

Danettas shines when you get both of them together. It's going to be so hard to let go of that set bonus when the time comes.

But man... I've had 3 Danetta's Spites drop in 1 rift. I was raging so hard. Just gimme the slayer you stupid game :(

Also, another 10 or so legendary rings yesterday. 3 of them were green. 2 compass rose and 1 litany of the undaunted. Natalya's set is eluding me pretty hard right now =(

Anyone else having fun starting a new character and playing Torment 1 from the off?

Crazy fun!

That's exactly what I did with my DH. 10 days ago exactly. I spent 500 shards and geared him up with rares and a few legs from Kadala. I was doing 6m crits with cluster arrow. Just barely enough to trudge through Torment 1.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Whiskeydiver-1716/hero/2778621

I want more cluster arrow kaboom and the ability to spam more than 3-4 at a time without gasping for hatred. I still need me cindercoat, quality magefists, and a quiver that will comply with my wish and give me CLUSTER ARROW DAMAGE AND NOT FUCKING VITALITY EVERY GOD DAMN TIME.

Anyways, should I invest in some resource cost reductions where possible, or do I just rely on my reaper wraps saving the day when gobbling up health orbs?

Edit: I'm also open to suggestions with replacing my sentry turret with something better.
Edit 2: Kridershot stays btw.

garath

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Whiskeydiver-1716/hero/2778621

I want more cluster arrow kaboom and the ability to spam more than 3-4 at a time without gasping for hatred. I still need me cindercoat, quality magefists, and a quiver that will comply with my wish and give me CLUSTER ARROW DAMAGE AND NOT FUCKING VITALITY EVERY GOD DAMN TIME.

Anyways, should I invest in some resource cost reductions where possible, or do I just rely on my reaper wraps saving the day when gobbling up health orbs?

Edit: I'm also open to suggestions with replacing my sentry turret with something better.
Edit 2: Kridershot stays btw.

Preparation: punishment is pretty much mandatory for a CA build. It converts discipline to hatred and allows more spamming of CA. Add that in with Night stalker (which regains discipline with crits) and you have a lot more real life dps.

edit: and yes, resource reduction whereever possible. Shoulders you can usually get a decent chunk. Invest Paragon into it if you haven't as well.

Garath: Many thanks for the tips. I'm seeing large and positive instant results from the changes you listed.

Edit: Nevermind. I looked at the whole in game community shabazzle for gaf...

Sometimes RNGJesus just smiles on you.

Was on my crusader clearing the rift when legendary belt dropped. Crusader already has pretty good belt, so I'm not really excited. Identifying... It's Thundergod Vigor! At this point I'm just sad - my monk is lightning and dreaming about this belt - and now it's wasted with Str rolls and what else.

So I look closely, thinking maybe I could reroll it - but wait, it's Thundergod Vigor with DEX!

So I got this yesteday, was sad to see my Schaefers Hammer lightning build go.

AZ7qvpDl.png

But this weapons actually turned out to be a lot of fun and fantastic for split bounty runs, you can just blast through packs of mobs, get kill counts effortlessly and makes cursed chests/shrines even quicker. Just as I was getting used to that mace, this drops this morning.

tjnUAb5l.png

:O This let me finally jump up to T2 solo rifts without issue. Long live the lightning build! Now to just get some + lightning damage to roll on my Countess Julio amulet. I have burned so many FS and gems on it all ready. Fucking 20% cold damage over and over. Oh well, I will get it soon enough.

Edit: I am know I should re-roll the VIT on the Thuderfury, but I don't know what I should roll on it.

garath

Garath: Many thanks for the tips. I'm seeing large and positive instant results from the changes you listed.

Also, can someone please toss me a clan invite to Americas region GAF? My previous clan has pretty much already fizzled out.

Battle Tag is Whiskeydiver#1716

Us non-cindercoat DH folk need to stick together and make the CA build viable. :)

RS4-

I've got no sympathy for afk farmers that bitch about being dc'd.

That particular one is about exploiting the rat callers and kiting them so they get stuck close enough that they'll continually respawn rats for you to kill.

ferr

So I feel like a T2 rift guardian is slightly out of melt range. I seem to run out of all hatred when they're around 15% hp and need to run around spamming ES like a tool. I'm thinking either finally getting a Pride's Fall to offset the CA cost or switching to 2x 1h xbow for the extra(?) damage and hatred regen over my near-perfect archfiend. Wish a Calamity would just drop for that.

I got danettas and could not get a socket for anything on it. I was up to 1m a roll just trying to get it before giving up and salvaging it lol.

Begaria

Edit: I am know I should re-roll the VIT on the Thuderfury, but I don't know what I should roll on it.

A lot of people would suggest re-rolling to Attack Speed to up the DPS, which is good advice. However, take this into consideration:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/21529/article/diablo-3-elemental-weapon-damage-to-be-fixed/

Blizzard is fixing +dmg% to work on the elemental portion of weapons, uh...eventually. They said it'll be retroactive to.

I'm not sure how Attack Speed to +dmg% will compare though. I can't double check right now, but regardless it shouldn't matter considering you can probably just enchant between AS and dmg% so one could just compare when the fix comes in.

desverger

Us non-cindercoat DH folk need to stick together and make the CA build viable. :)

So how about us non-fire DHs? I've been playing mine as a Physical build, and it's working great. I'm using CA with Shooting Stars and seeing those rockets to crit for upwards 15M.

Granted, I need some more +Phys gear, but having Cloak of the Garwulf and Bombadier's Rucksack allows me to have some silly damage output from pets as well as spamming CA for major damage.

Here's my build if anyone's interested: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#adPkSO!SeYh!cbZZcY

A lot of people would suggest re-rolling to Attack Speed to up the DPS, which is good advice. However, take this into consideration:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/21529/article/diablo-3-elemental-weapon-damage-to-be-fixed/

Blizzard is fixing +dmg% to work on the elemental portion of weapons, uh...eventually. They said it'll be retroactive to.

I'm not sure how Attack Speed to +dmg% will compare though. I can't double check right now, but regardless it shouldn't matter considering you can probably just enchant between AS and dmg% so one could just compare when the fix comes in.

Cool, thanks for the tips.

Edit: Why the fuck do amulets cost so much to reroll. Costing both a Flawless Imperial gem and a Forgotten soul is insane to me.

This should be good for the next update:

Blue post:
As a heads up, we’re looking to make two changes to Horadric Caches. The first change is to allow the caches to drop Torment-only Legendary items. The second is to increase the chance that you’ll find a Legendary item in Horadric Caches, including Act-specific Legendaries like the Royal Ring of Grandeur, based on the Torment difficulty. What this means is that Horadric Caches earned in Torment I+ will be able to drop Torment restricted Legendary items, and caches earned in Torment II+ will have a scaling bonus for dropping Legendary items (which includes those items only found in a cache).

Edit 2: Not sure if this has been posted, but a handy Cool down reduction calculator http://bannedofgamers.com/cdr

Not sure why so many people are looking foward to 2.0.5 . For every buff and quality of life improvement, there will be five or so nerfs to everything that you hold dear. Do people really think that they are going to buff Horadric Caches like that and not nerf split farming into the ground? Haha NO.

garath

So how about us non-fire DHs? I've been playing mine as a Physical build, and it's working great. I'm using CA with Shooting Stars and seeing those rockets to crit for upwards 15M.

Granted, I need some more +Phys gear, but having Cloak of the Garwulf and Bombadier's Rucksack allows me to have some silly damage output from pets as well as spamming CA for major damage.

Here's my build if anyone's interested: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#adPkSO!SeYh!cbZZcY

That's a pretty cool build. Unfortunately there's just too many good +fire% items compared to +anythingelse%. And the DH can really take advantage of the fire damage with the 770% weapon damage as fire on CA. That's why most people go fire.

Not sure why so many people are looking foward to 2.0.5 . For every buff and quality of life improvement, there will be five or so nerfs to everything that you hold dear. Do people really think that they are going to buff Horadric Caches like that and not nerf split farming into the ground? Haha NO.

Screw split farming. I'd much rather get good items from the caches as well as a higher frequency of good items to reward my higher difficulty than spam 100s of caches with split farming.

I've been getting rewarded lately just for running bounties on T2 with higher frequency of legendaries during the actual bounty. Having a better cache would be the icing on the cake.

Meh, everyone said the same about RIF, but there is blue posts in support of it. Let's hope they are figuring it out that giving incentive toward the way they envision/want people to play is far more effective than nerfing or killing off the way people are doing it now. So far everything they are describing about the Torment level reward increases and handling of Horadic Caches would move me to stop doing split runs without any further nerf. Split farms so far only seem effective for getting a bunch of mats. All the other drops are horrible. Much better loot in one T1 rift run than fricking 8 speed run chaches.

The Cowboy

Its actually pretty handy that its the +vit your rolling, you can roll for +attack speed now and then when Blizzard fixes +damage you can work out if it would be good to roll the +attack speed to +damage.

Right now you can get the best of both worlds, have +attack speed now be able to get +damage later.

I only really use split farming for the key frags. Though a better RoRG would not go amiss.

I just hope they don't ruin RIF. That has helped me a TON. I used to run T3 rifts on my wizard because I wanted to get the most out of my frags. I never stockpiled them. So now that frags aren't an issue, I can happily to T2 rifts. Much faster clear time, albeit with some downtime in between to invite folks. The faster rate of getting shards has rewared me with a Witching Hour, amazing magefists, and a Cindercoat.

Please, don't kill mah RIF.

desverger

That's a pretty cool build. Unfortunately there's just too many good +fire% items compared to +anythingelse%. And the DH can really take advantage of the fire damage with the 770% weapon damage as fire on CA. That's why most people go fire.

I suppose you are right, the only things that can roll +phys are Andariel's, SoJ and bracers.

Also, the rockets need better AI since they are usually shooting for pots and crates and whatever - especially in CA's case, since they seem to be unable to hit the same target.

Oh yeah, I also had a question - why aren't people using slow 2h xbows for CA builds? Seems to me they'd do a ton more damage per shot, since I assume skill damage just looks at your weapon damage instead of sheet damage.

Insaniac

So I got some Leg ring yesterday night called "Rechel's Ring of Larceny" which gives a big movement speed bonus when you fear an enemy. I gave it to my WD friend. We combined it with a Vanilla Echoing fury with 20% fear chance, Spirit Barrage - Manitou (thing hovers over his head and attacks random enemies/objects) and Warzechian Bracers (Speed boost when you break a destroyable object) and now we are running normal bounties SO FAST. He's like the goddamn Flash.

They won't miss with RIF directly. At this point tens of thousands of their overall active players are using RIF in some manner. That's a lot of upset people and messing with non-exploitative emergent community behavior is a tricky thing.

If anything they want more people to be gambling more often, as the #1 complaint people have is that they can't get X specific legendary item to make a build work. Increasing blood shards is a way to do that.

What they will mess with is the rate of key fragment accumulation. The huge surplus of key fragments-mostly from split farming-is the lubricant that keeps the RIF machine running smoothly.

Oh yeah, I also had a question - why aren't people using slow 2h xbows for CA builds? Seems to me they'd do a ton more damage per shot, since I assume skill damage just looks at your weapon damage instead of sheet damage.

I think it's mostly due to the lack of exciting crossbows. The popular one is the Manticore for the crit dmg but... I mean, that's not exciting.

I actually have a decent Buriza. I wonder how useful the 10% freeze on it is. Just don't have a spare gem to socket and try it out.

As for 1-handers, Danetta's are fun and I have them both. I'm going to use them. It will be hard to let them go....

Calamity marking every enemy for death = insanely good. Not surprised when I see people using that.

Nat's Slayer + another set item = some good set bonuses. This is probably the most popular bow for people that love to stack profile DPS. I really want one just for the bonuses.

If they were going to nerf split farming, they would have done it by now. They are nerfing it by buffing Torment+ caches.

I just can't seem to motivate myself to get my crusader leveled to 70. Went from 50-55 and then swapped back to my other characters to play.

I played the hell out if my HC WD and got her to 70. Within a couple of hours Kalada gave me a mask of jeram AND a quezecotal. An hour after that a RoG dropped. I don't even have a set piece.

All my weekends luck was wasted on my HC character. Though I did farm my way into two crimsons pieces for my monk. He's sitting on about 67% CDR right now.

I'm growing sort of frustrated with monk though. He's seemed to hit a wall at T4. I don't know. Just not stoked on the class right now. I have a lightning set ok my stash. Might try that next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom