• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand. What is an "AFK farmer"? Or is that just someone's Twitch name?

It's called "afk farming" because your character is farming shit while you're AFK (away from keyboard).

Basically, it's exploiting a scenario in the game that allows you to place your character in a position to kill endlessly spawning enemies with some sort of auto attack.

Set it up.
Walk away from your computer.
Come back to lots of exp\gold\drops.

th3dude

I don't understand. What is an "AFK farmer"? Or is that just someone's Twitch name?

From what I understand, there are certain ways you can 'AFK' and spam an attack (like taping down your mouse button or even just using thorns) without too much risk of getting killed.

When is 2.0.5 due?
are they adding anything other than the fix to torment bounties and maybe more bloodshards from torment rifts?

Some speculation that it might drop tomorrow due to Blizzard calling for an extended maintenance window tomorrow, but there is nothing official to back that up.

bcl0328

I think it's mostly due to the lack of exciting crossbows. The popular one is the Manticore for the crit dmg but... I mean, that's not exciting.

I actually have a decent Buriza. I wonder how useful the 10% freeze on it is. Just don't have a spare gem to socket and try it out.

As for 1-handers, Danetta's are fun and I have them both. I'm going to use them. It will be hard to let them go....

Calamity marking every enemy for death = insanely good. Not surprised when I see people using that.

Nat's Slayer + another set item = some good set bonuses. This is probably the most popular bow for people that love to stack profile DPS. I really want one just for the bonuses.

i think you are missing the bigger effect on buriza. your bolas can hit 2 additional targets. that is huge dps.

Nokterian

Haha fucking AFK farmer, look how many legs he just lost. People in the stream said 10+ legs dropped.

2014-04-2814_02_56-ta0rkcd.png

Good those assholes don't deserve it and i hope he got banned for it.

When is 2.0.5 due?
are they adding anything other than the fix to torment bounties and maybe more bloodshards from torment rifts?

Tuesday in the US and Wednesday in the EU.

It's called "afk farming" because your character is farming shit while you're AFK (away from keyboard).

Basically, it's exploiting a scenario in the game that allows you to place your character in a position to kill endlessly spawning enemies with some sort of auto attack.

Set it up.
Walk away from your computer.
Come back to lots of exp\gold\drops.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

From what I understand, there are certain ways you can 'AFK' and spam an attack (like taping down your mouse button or even just using thorns) without too much risk of getting killed.

Some speculation that it might drop tomorrow due to Blizzard calling for an extended maintenance window tomorrow, but there is nothing official to back that up.

I just checked the second stream on Twitch.

A guy is playing Adventure Mode, Westmarch Heights > Repository of bones and just sitting in a corner while his firewalkers kill all the enemies (rats?).

Dahbomb

When is 2.0.5 due?
Hopefully tomorrow.

They have been talking about a few changes coming up:

*Elements on skills switched up.
*The +% damage bug fixed.
*Mojo/Source damage fix.
*Changes to Kick Player system
*Changes to Gambler (wouldn't really matter for mid/high end player, you will just get better Rares)
*Lowering the unsocketing prices
*Some sort of reworking of the Healing stat in the sheet stats
*Various other bug fixes and Tyrael having more lines

ZenaxPure

Not sure why so many people are looking foward to 2.0.5 . For every buff and quality of life improvement, there will be five or so nerfs to everything that you hold dear. Do people really think that they are going to buff Horadric Caches like that and not nerf split farming into the ground? Haha NO.

Well in this specific case I am not sure I see the point in a nerf to that. They are going to reward people for doing higher difficulties with better chances at legendaries, normal mode split farming isn't getting any sort of boost and I highly doubt there will be very much T4/T5 split farming going on because that would be very slow in a 4 player game. This change just looks like a way to give people a reason to actually do bounties on whatever difficulty they do rifts on.

That said I think it's going to be a bit of a wash, I didn't see anything about getting higher rift fragments on higher difficulties which means it's still going to be the most efficient for me to just do normal mode bounties when I want to refill my stash. They should really make the increased chance of a legendary from the cache also increase the amount of fragments you get on higher difficulties as well.

I'm growing sort of frustrated with monk though. He's seemed to hit a wall at T4. I don't know. Just not stoked on the class right now. I have a lightning set ok my stash. Might try that next.

Have you tried a build with Exploding Palm? I don't really like the playstyle when solo but that has been really helpful in dealing with the classes' solo scaling issues into higher torments.

I hit a reckoning where I realized that Epiphany didn't do anything for me other than cheat out of frozen and give me a ton of spirit to work with. Dashing Strike does most of the former just as well and Reaper's Wraps+Exalted Soul (yes this works) and Exploding Palm do the latter just as well.

The super low CDR+LTK 420 blaze it monk builds are fine and work well in T5 w/ Exploding Palm provided that you have the OWE synergy to not just die from elite ground affixes.

Well in this specific case I am not sure I see the point in a nerf to that. They are going to reward people for doing higher difficulties with better chances at legendaries, normal mode split farming isn't getting any sort of boost and I highly doubt there will be very much T4/T5 split farming going on because that would be very slow in a 4 player game. This change just looks like a way to give people a reason to actually do bounties on whatever difficulty they do rifts on.

People will just split farm T2/T3. I can do that with about the same speed as Normal, and my class has trashcan DPS.

Insaniac

whats supposed to be coming in 2.05? Im at work so I can't actually read up on it

edit: nm someone just posted it.

whats the bounty fix though?

Celegus

Hopefully tomorrow.

They have been talking about a few changes coming up:

*Elements on skills switched up.
*The +% damage bug fixed.
*Mojo/Source damage fix.
*Changes to Kick Player system
*Changes to Gambler (wouldn't really matter for mid/high end player, you will just get better Rares)
*Lowering the unsocketing prices
*Some sort of reworking of the Healing stat in the sheet stats
*Various other bug fixes and Tyrael having more lines

But how will I know how much he ate today?!

Begaria

They keep saying they have no ETA on 2.0.5 so that leads me to believe it'll likely not be tomorrow or any time soon.

garath

If they actually fix the %damage affecting elem damage on weapons, my nat's slayer will be huge. Right now it's around 2450 dps with holy damage and an 8% damage mod. It should gain at least 100dps with the fix.

Have you tried a build with Exploding Palm? I don't really like the playstyle when solo but that has been really helpful in dealing with the classes' solo scaling issues into higher torments.

I hit a reckoning where I realized that Epiphany didn't do anything for me other than cheat out of frozen and give me a ton of spirit to work with. Dashing Strike does most of the former just as well and Reaper's Wraps+Exalted Soul (yes this works) and Exploding Palm do the latter just as well.

The super low CDR+LTK 420 blaze it monk builds are fine and work well in T5 w/ Exploding Palm provided that you have the OWE synergy to not just die from elite ground affixes.

Theres a monk build that doesn't use EP? :p

I can do T5, but I become a party buffer only at that T level.

I think a large part of my "blah" feeling is that I've been a CS/EP monk since forever.

I'm probably just bitchy this mon morning. Lol

Good those assholes don't deserve it and i hope he got banned for it.

Maybe I'm missing something but why do you think he should be banned for it? I don't really agree with what they're doing since it seems to take away a lot of the fun of the game, but I don't think people AFK farming to get better gear will take away from my enjoyment of the game in anyway where the game is co-operative.

Dark_castle

I fucking hate the whole weighted roll system in this game. Been trying to reroll for Melee damage reduction on my bracer. 30+ tries, still ongoing.

Why can't they just make it purely random!?

Fularu

Banned
I've started to hate the green beams

It's always the Thorn set, a plan or some random crap and never what I want :(

I haven't played for a few days and I don't see this patch as getting me back in. These small changes are just not enough.

I played Marvel Heroes all weekend though. The game doesn't have the Blizzard polish and the characters are as expensive as heck, but it's filling that ARPG fix I still have. At least the developer's philosophy on character and item changes are usually "how can we make this better" not "lets nerf the fun."

I've started to hate the green beams

It's always the Thorn set, a plan or some random crap and never what I want :(

With the exception of a Calamity, the green beam is the only one I want to see right now. Sadly, it's never what I want :(

I wish higher torments had a better chance at dropping class set items. There's just no way to better your chances at those.

garath

With the exception of a Calamity, the green beam is the only one I want to see right now. Sadly, it's never what I want :(

I wish higher torments had a better chance at dropping class set items. There's just no way to better your chances at those.

Yeah. They are too rare :(

I really want a Nat's piece to go with my slayer right now. I could also use another Maurader's and I'd be happy. I wear the boots and have a hat. I'd wear the hat if I had the shoulders or something. Or I could use a better hat lol.

ferr

For some reason over the past week I've been seeing almost nothing but green beams, and not just blackthorn's. It makes me wonder if the loot rng has similar weighting to the plan loot system where you never pick up the same plan twice (if you learn it).. not to say you'd never get the same loot twice, but that you have an increase in getting 'higher tier' loot. Or maybe I'm just really lucky. I've seen 2 marauders, nat slayer, shadow boots, and maybe 2-3 green set plans in about the last 6 hours of rifting (maybe 2 hours a day, not much time to play lately).

Celegus

For some reason over the past week I've been seeing almost nothing but green beams, and not just blackthorn's. It makes me wonder if the loot rng has similar weighting to the plan loot system where you never pick up the same plan twice (if you learn it).. not to say you'd never get the same loot twice, but that you have an increase in getting 'higher tier' loot. Or maybe I'm just really lucky. I've seen 2 marauders, nat slayer, shadow boots, and maybe 2-3 green set plans in about the last 6 hours of rifting (maybe 2 hours a day, not much time to play lately).

I'd say that's pretty darn lucky. I've gotten 3 plans and 3 boots from Paragon 70-115 mostly on T2. I think it's time to switch to a new character.

Discobird

Finally got around to crafting physical Reaper's Wraps today and my unfinished zoo build is really starting to take off. Still need to find Marauder's pants and Tasker & Theo, but in the meantime I'm using the Marauder 4 pc with gloves+boots+shoulders, Cloak of the Garwulf, Bombardier's quiver, Buriza, Pride's Fall, Hexing pants and Harrington's.

Took her into T4 and was pleasantly surprised to complete rifts in 7-10 minutes solo, which is competitive with my CA:LFB build at that difficulty. I thought CA:FLB would be the clear winner at T4 but CA:Shooting Stars hits a lot harder than I expected. I think the rockets must proc area damage or something because I clear packs of trash almost as fast as I do with CA:LFB, despite not even using Ambush. I can't spam as many CAs without the Cindercoat, obviously, but my hatred efficiency on CAs is comparable between the two builds since I use a 2H xbow with the zoo instead of the faster DW setup I use with CA:LFB. Plus I have about 75% more toughness with this gear than with my fire build.

Unfortunately I can't use Danetta's since I need the Bombardier's :( so I just leave them in the backpack.

I wish I could fit CDR in my build. It would go lovely with the sentries and companions but RCR is too important to give up. The only place I can fit CDR without sacrificing RCR is on my helm (socketed diamond) but I would need to find a new Pride's Fall first...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is this bannable, even if your not AFK? Found the video on how to do it but don't want to try it and get potential ban

I know botters that haven't been banned for months and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think blizzard has ever banned for exploiting their in game mechanics in Diablo (aside from duping or old ah bugs maybe). Diablo is kind of all about finding these most efficient spots and abusing the shit out of them, I feel like the giant "fix" frenzy of chest runs, purple mobs, certain elites with weird mob perks, etc... has really taken away from the game.

Pretty sure Blizzard has just given up on banning until ladders come out probably. They'll have to address botters and hotfix issues like this very quickly if they want those to take off.

Cels

I've been playing the game off and on ever since RoS launch. It's definitely a fun game, and I've been having a good time leveling all my characters to 70. I just found my first really cool item (Mirrorball) and changed my build because of it.

I have a few minor quibbles with the game like tooltips lacking information and not updating properly with your gear, opening inventory freezing the game for a few seconds, etc. but I'm sure these things will be ironed out in upcoming patches. Well, on second thought, it took them almost two full years to add commas to the AH so I am not so sure on them fixing the tooltips in a timely fashion...

As I play all of my characters pretty much equally, I think Monks kind of suck. OWE and STI are still boring and practically mandatory unless you have godlike gear, which I don't have. Maybe people with godlike gear still use them, I wouldn't know. I thought Blizzard was going to solve these problems for the xpac but they haven't at all. OWE just means that monks have to get really really specific gear. And dex really blows for survivability compared to int/str, because you can't dodge a lot of things in the game...which is why they have to prop up the value of dex with STI. Dunno what they are going to do about this. I like the new dashing strike though.

Jubs

I wish they'd restrict Blackthornes, wailing host, litany, traveler's pledge, and the compass rose to normal-master difficulty. Nothing sucks more than seeing a green beam in T4 and finding out it's another Blackthorn belt.

RDreamer

I feel like I haven't found much of anything for a while. The only thing I think I found in like a week was a very mild chest piece upgrade for my monk (while trying to gamble for a cinder coat for my DH). Other than that... nothing really.

I can't even be that excited for the ring upgrade I finally got enchanted correctly because it took so fucking goddamned long and made me completely and utterly broke... and I still have one more left to enchant, too... bah.

I might play my Witch Doctor more now since I feel like my Monk, DH, and Crusader are all at a point where they're not going to get much for drops very often, and that's less fun.

Dark_castle

Boggles my mind why they would bother to make changes to fucking rare items from Kadala when people only care about legendaries. They'd end up as gold anyway. Why not separate 1H weapons into categories, and allow Torment only leg to be gambled?

SMH Blizzard.

eek5

I'm so fucking done with this game man. I haven't changed a single piece of gear on my WD or monks in a week now. Shit is unreal. I'm on a treadmill at this point going nowhere. I get shitty legs -> turn into souls -> craft shitty items that aren't upgrades -> salvage items -> get more legs/souls -> craft more shitty items. I haven't kept a single leg in the past 14k blood shards / 6 days of playing. Dafuq?

eek5

Wow. What a couple of days in D3 for me. I had gotten so few legendaries over the last couple weeks, it all seemed to come all at once over the weekend.

Legendaries I ended up with:
Nat's slayer
Danetta's Spite (to match my Danetta's revenge I had)
Cluckeye
2h xbow
Set shadow gloves
boots
Skeleton king Pauldrons
2 rings
Broken crown
gloves from kadala.. not magefists though :(
2nd Cloak of Garwulf

All of this in about 4 hours of total playtime. Just in the 15min I played while my wife was getting ready for bed last night I got the 2h xbow, broken crown, boots and the Pauldrons from the resulting cache.

RNG.

Using the Danetta set just for the heck of it. I like neoenigma's approach. I'll use those for bounty runs. I can vault indefinitely and just make my way around the map so easy. But normal gameplay I'll use my Slayer and quiver. More dps and more survivability with that setup.

All of this was on Torment 2. I usually just tried to clear things as fast as possible on T1. I'm now sticking with T2 or higher.

I'm not sure PtV really works with RoE builds. You're probably going to run out of mana too fast. I would run one way or the other (PtV for pets, RoE-only for other stuff).

Speaking of RoE. You want to use something that you can build stacks of RoE. Right now you're only using soul harvest and spirit walk which can build you 2 stacks of RoE for 200 mana/sec but that really isn't enough. What you want to run is spirit barrage as your main left click and haunt as your right click (using both is optional. you can get away with just haunt as it builds RoE stacks the fastest.. but it only haunts 1 stack max so I think SB is better dps)

After you do that use SB or haunt to build 4-5 stacks of RoE and then you can basically spam zombie bears non stop for 10 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

Since you already have cold bonus this works pretty well. I would try to stack more cold bonus and get SB bonus on at least one piece.

Get or roll sockets into pants for more topaz gems.

Try to craft aughilds if you have the recipe. Since you have RoRG it is only 2 piece to get the full bonus which is really good.

Theres a monk build that doesn't use EP? :p

I can do T5, but I become a party buffer only at that T level.

I think a large part of my "blah" feeling is that I've been a CS/EP monk since forever.

I'm probably just bitchy this mon morning. Lol

Monk is fucking stupid. Every class got tons of new builds in RoS and monk? Oh you can keep using OWE/STI with CS/EP for the next 2 years. Yeah monk can be "helpful" with EP + Az fist in higher torments but when is the last time you've heard someone say "hey anyone play a t5/6 monk that can hit dudes with EP for us??" NEVER. Almost all classes have good "cs" style skills now and some of them are even better than CS because they can pull in and hold compared to CS which requires you to cs in repeatedly.

EP is pretty much the only thing that monk brings to the table and I'm not even sure it would beat having a 4th DPSer compared to filling that spot with a support monk that isn't doing that much damage.

I've been running STI/OWE + EP since before 1.0.6 (back when you could EP glitch extra loot from elites). I don't want to fucking run this shit anymore!!!!!!!

How about giving us a play style that is actually fun. Fuck.

Getting 65-70% CDR WITH OWE res to survive t5/6 is stupid hard EVEN with most of the pieces being craftable. I'd probably be able to complete full sets for 2 chars before I managed to roll my way into T6 "zero cd" monk.

Discobird

I'm so fucking done with this game man. I haven't changed a single piece of gear on my WD or monks in a week now. Shit is unreal. I'm on a treadmill at this point going nowhere. I get shitty legs -> turn into souls -> craft shitty items that aren't upgrades -> salvage items -> get more legs/souls -> craft more shitty items. I haven't kept a single leg in the past 14k blood shards / 6 days of playing. Dafuq?

how well geared are your WD and monk already? Are they at the point where you're looking for like one or two specific legs or set pieces with good stats?

eek5

how well geared are your WD and monk already? Are they at the point where you're looking for like one or two specific legs or set pieces with good stats?

One of my monks is garbage tier 65% CDR <800 res with OWE (less than my fuckin DH). The other one is 1300 res garbage tier DPS lightning w/ shitty support style skill set-up that I play in groups that have a ton of DPS but don't enjoy playing at all because it's all I've been doing for 80% of the time I've played D3. My WD is t3-solo t4/5 group high DPS pet build looking for _any_ wd set pieces or _any_ wd legs that aren't pieces of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom