• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

When you already have Crit chance and Skill damage bonus on your Helm... that's where a socket is usually desirable. Usually it's a choice among All Res, CDR gem, Vitality or 20+% Life. All are valid choices IMO. Sometimes you can't get All Res because of a Secondary resistance on the Helm so you basically need a Socket on that Helm.

The Cowboy

True. Currently using a socket with CDR because I'm rolling Archon and trying for Vyr's.
I'm aiming for Vyr's as well, I've got 2 so far and the RORG, I've also got a bracer that reduces cooldowns by 48 seconds when using healing wells - which should be pretty great for boss areas.

Can i get a screenshot?

A few quick snaps attempting to show how much you can see and the range you can fire.

14041414332_83c62e5db9_o.jpg

These enemies could not see me.

14045054864_46fd985f2c_o.jpg

ElyrionX

Thinking of crafting the Ashearas set to go with my Tal set on my Wizard. The issue is that I am probably sacrificing quite a bit of DPS (nearly 1000 intel due to Vyr and Firebird two set bonus I am wearing in those slots). The 4pc bonus seems really fun but how nuch DPS will I be getting from it?

I'm aiming for Vyr's as well, I've got 2 so far and the RORG, I've also got a bracer that reduces cooldowns by 48 seconds when using healing wells - which should be pretty great for boss areas.

I think it is only fair to warn you that it was bugged, not sure if it still is. Basically it was not giving you all runes, the two that it left out were the most important ones too. Pure power and Improved Archon, you could mitigate this by selecting either PP/IA as your rune of choice.

The Cowboy

I think it is only fair to warn you that it was bugged, not sure if it still is. Basically it was not giving you all runes, the two that it left out were the most important ones too. Pure power and Improved Archon, you could mitigate this by selecting either PP/IA as your rune of choice.
Yeah i read about that the other day, it really sucks and i hope they fix it.

Thoughts on this? Which to use, and what to reroll?

htxs5bC.jpg

I haven't used the Mystic on either of these yet (got both within the past day). The main issue I'm dealing with is the fact that thanks to this Storm Crow, I decided to go with a lightning build Wizard and it's been going pretty well. So I would be losing the lightning damage (potentially up to 20% if I reroll that slot, which I think I would once I get a few more Forgotten Souls). I could reroll either the life regen or arcane torrent damage (probably the life regen, because while I don't use Arcane Torrent, I may switch to an arcane build at some point because I do have two Moonlight Wards) to critical chance on the Blind Faith. How does blinding work in game? I use Electrocute with the ruin for more chains, and have the orb that allows it chain to enemies already hit. Would I be blinding practically everything on screen? Just not sure if that's worth the loss of the lightning damage. I played around with it for a bit, noticed my damage was lower, but it was only for a few minutes, really.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I noticed that none of the GAF guildies are on. Anyone invite me plox?

Quote me for my battletag.

Wooo. Finally magefists with crit by default. This is like my 5th pair of magefists. I'm strongly considering rerolling the attack speed as it really doesn't do me much good.

1zTSHdV.png

Now I'm really not sure what to spend shards on. I guess 1H weapons for a Calamity (lol). That belt with the dmg boost when you break shit seems even more rare than the Witching Hour. Not sure if I should try for that.

Sillution

Happy my barb can handle T3 now without much worry. My toughness is high and damage is getting better and better. Hoping to eventfully find the IK set soon enough so I can have much fun with Hammer spam.

I will take that under consideration. Thanks :)

Anytime.

This should be posted anytime someone mention's LoH, et al.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgL5S3Revw9ddEhScEpSLWhnRDZKV25OaWZJcHdkN0E#gid=10

It is exceedingly important to understand that LoH is a 'false' stat, meaning it isn't accurate in the way that you assume.

Say you have 20,000 LoH (sheet LoH). You naturally assume that means each hit of spell is going to give you 20k Life, wrong. It is skill dependent.

You are lightning. I'm going to assume you are using Electrocute in some way as an example.

The coefficient for Electrocute depending on the rune you use are as follows:

Base: .25
Chain: .083
Forked: .167
Blast: .167
Surge: .167
Arc: .100

This means that your 20k life turns into: 5000 Base, 1660 Chain, 3340 Forked, 3340 Blast, 3440 Surge, 2000 Arc

So if you have 20,000 LoH and you are using Surge of Power, you will only be getting 3,440 LoH.

False edit. LoH is really a shit stat outside of a couple builds that have high coefficient's. Paragon Regen>LoH by a megaton. In fact Paragon Regen is pretty damn OP.

Dahbomb

I would still roll the Vitality on the Magefists because you might need to use it for a Fire Monks and they definitely need attack speed.

Sigmaah

Oh shit we OT2 now boys!

Didn't play at all yesterday and today and can't play until tomorrow night :/ LAME. I need to upgrade the barb and get a goddamn RROG.

dengatron

Is area dmg worth putting paragon points into? I know life on hit doesn't make much difference, but I don't know where else to put those points after maxing out resource reduction.

it's where i went next for my DH. i don't think LOH is worth much at all at those low values, and i'm almost at 50% area damage from paragon now. it adds up.

iirate

So, I'm probably going to roll an alt DH. I already have a quad Magefist and a really nice Cindercoat that my monk just isn't using, so she'll get those. I also have two Pride's Fall - both are int-based, though. My Wizard uses the better of the two, but I'm going to give my DH the second one. They both have Int, Crit, and a Wizard skill - the issue is, I STILL don't exactly know how main stats affect damage.

Is it better to reroll for Dex or Cluster Arrow? 15% to CA is huge, and the Int is giving a non-negligible amount of all resist.

Dahbomb

Is area dmg worth putting paragon points into? I know life on hit doesn't make much difference, but I don't know where else to put those points after maxing out resource reduction.

Oh. This might be the first time I've broken 1 million on my profile DPS. New milestone for me xD

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492
Area damage is pretty beast. Fo DH I would put points first in RCR then in Area damage. But I don't have a Pride's Fall so you might get more value out of Area damage.

The Gyrfalcon with Jengabord is amazing. Got surrounded by 3 packd and I was like, "omg, what am I gonna do?" 3 seconds later there were 2 stragglers and I was at full health.

iirate

I swear there is a curse on leg gloves from kadala, they just won't drop.

I got a Cindercoat and three nice Magefists from her in a pretty short period of time. I still can't get the helms that I want, but she can definitely drop the good stuff.

ElyrionX

Thinking of crafting the Ashearas set to go with my Tal set on my Wizard. The issue is that I am probably sacrificing quite a bit of DPS (nearly 1000 intel due to Vyr and Firebird two set bonus I am wearing in those slots). The 4pc bonus seems really fun but how nuch DPS will I be getting from it?

No one here uses the Ashearas set?

MoonGred

I got a Cindercoat and three nice Magefists from her in a pretty short period of time. I still can't get the helms that I want, but she can definitely drop the good stuff.

I'll get lucky at one point, at the moment it's just frustration, after putting in +1000 shards for gloves and not even getting a crappy leg, let alone magefist or tasker and theo I'm making a point ot putting in everything just for gloves.
Ah well RNG will RNG I guess =)

No one here uses the Ashearas set?

Nope. Aughild's set>>Ash set, by a few miles.

Furthermore, you would have to use at least 3 pieces with ring for it to even be remotely usable imo.

Really should have read the part you quoted. If you have the follower items and they are well geared go Ash.

ElyrionX

Thanks guys. I do have the all skills legs for the Templar and Enchantress and I also have Maximus on the Enchantress and the Genziku axe for the Templar so apparently it's quite an army that gets created with those items.

I'm sure I can get good crowd control out of Ashearas. It's the dps that I am doubtful about, especially since most of my existing gear is found on my Wiz and won't be too well-rolled for the Templar or Scoundrel.

zon

The game seems to have decided that I am no longer to get gear I can improve my barb with. Not sure if I want to make a new character just to hit the same wall with that one.. :(

Dark_castle

Thanks guys. I do have the all skills legs for the Templar and Enchantress and I also have Maximus on the Enchantress and the Genziku axe for the Templar so apparently it's quite an army that gets created with those items.

I'm sure I can get good crowd control out of Ashearas. It's the dps that I am doubtful about, especially since most of my existing gear is found on my Wiz and won't be too well-rolled for the Templar or Scoundrel.

It's pretty good, definitely worth using if you have all skills relic for at least 2 of the 3 followers. I would be using this set alternatively with Cain's due to its IAS bonus and MF%.

DarkJC

The game seems to have decided that I am no longer to get gear I can improve my barb with. Not sure if I want to make a new character just to hit the same wall with that one.. :(

I'd keep playing your barb, you get paragon levels at the very least and eventually stuff will drop. Save your reroll for seasons when they launch.

Yep, and unless they add in something else everyone hits this pretty damn fast imo.

Insaniac

well after 3 Chantodo's, 1 Triumvirate and a Mirrorball with 1 extra missile, Kadala gave me a Mirrorball with 2 extra missiles!

On another note, the loot has been raining from the sky for me this weekend.

desverger

The Gyrfalcon with Jengabord is amazing. Got surrounded by 3 packd and I was like, "omg, what am I gonna do?" 3 seconds later there were 2 stragglers and I was at full health.

Question: would Jenga/Jekangbord work with a lightning build as well, or is Shattering Throw a mandatory rune for that to work well?

ElyrionX

Thoughts on this? Which to use, and what to reroll?

htxs5bC.jpg

I haven't used the Mystic on either of these yet (got both within the past day). The main issue I'm dealing with is the fact that thanks to this Storm Crow, I decided to go with a lightning build Wizard and it's been going pretty well. So I would be losing the lightning damage (potentially up to 20% if I reroll that slot, which I think I would once I get a few more Forgotten Souls). I could reroll either the life regen or arcane torrent damage (probably the life regen, because while I don't use Arcane Torrent, I may switch to an arcane build at some point because I do have two Moonlight Wards) to critical chance on the Blind Faith. How does blinding work in game? I use Electrocute with the ruin for more chains, and have the orb that allows it chain to enemies already hit. Would I be blinding practically everything on screen? Just not sure if that's worth the loss of the lightning damage. I played around with it for a bit, noticed my damage was lower, but it was only for a few minutes, really.

Lightning Wizard does not scale well to higher Torments due to the lack of a good spender. It's fine if you want to just mess around in T1 or T2 but don't invest too much into it if you want to progress to higher Torments. Arcane and Fire builds are essentially what most high Torment Wizards are running.

Question: would Jenga/Jekangbord work with a lightning build as well, or is Shattering Throw a mandatory rune for that to work well?

I think the others would work fine. The shattered shields don't do that much damage, it's the shields effect that does most of the damage.

desverger

I think the others would work fine. The shattered shields don't do that much damage, it's the shields effect that does most of the damage.

Hmm, cool - guess I might gamble for some shields then. Things happened and I got a bunch of +lightning drops, and suddenly my Hallowed Barricade didn't exactly fit into my build anymore.

Long story short, I'm now a pure lightning build on my Crusader and it's working great - only thing I'm missing is a decent shield to support the build. Figured it might either be Jengaboard or a Lidless Wall.

scy

Not really. The Shattered ones are the bulk of the damage since they'll repeat bounce back to targets. The tooltip still hasn't been updated to their actual value of 333%.

The rest of the Blessed Shield options just do far less damage since their effect doesn't also scale with the Jengaboard +bounces.

desverger

Not really. The Shattered ones are the bulk of the damage since they'll repeat bounce back to targets. The tooltip still hasn't been updated to their actual value of 333%.

The rest of the Blessed Shield options just do far less damage since their effect doesn't also scale with the Jengaboard +bounces.

Oh well, here's hoping for a Lidless then! Actually I don't think there are that many great shields for a "caster" type Crusader, since most of the effects to castable spells seem to be attached to weapons.

Maybe Final Witness.. just maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom