• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Jeez fucking christ.

For like the past 5 days I've been using random.org to decide who opens the next rift(Rift It Forward). Just had a guy who had to open twice in a row go batshit crazy on me.

I would love to see those people trying to play poker for a living. Their soul would be crushed in a day.
I don't get why people are so cheap / get so upset. If I could reliably get into games I would open every time. I would literally use vendor to convert my frags into bloodshards at a 5:50 ratio in game, even without the xp and gold from guardians, if one were available.

IceMarker

I cannot wait for 2.0.5 to roll around, I'm getting slightly burnt out, but nothing like a good QoL and balance patch can't solve!

cdyhybrid

Jeez fucking christ.

For like the past 5 days I've been using random.org to decide who opens the next rift(Rift It Forward). Just had a guy who had to open twice in a row go batshit crazy on me.

I would love to see those people trying to play poker for a living. Their soul would be crushed in a day.

I always go with middle paragon.

Dahbomb

Just pick whoever you feel like and announce it right after the Guardian kill.

Most people don't even read "highest/lowest Paragon" when they try to race to join the game. They have to be told as soon as the Rift Guardian is dead that they are the ones who have to open otherwise they just assume they aren't the openers and just leave the game because they already accepted invite to the next RIF.

Dahbomb

Spend so many forgotten souls on Odyn Son weapon to get a socket and still no socket.... :'(
Oh you are trying to roll this affix into a socket? Here let me help you..

Do you want Vitality? Or more Vitality?

Or how about... Vitality and... Vitality?

You don't like Vitality? How about 2 more Vitality rolls?

Nokterian

No not vitality i looked before i rolled and i could get a socket but yeah getting a lot of the same and it fucking sucks.

Hey, it makes sure to sprinkle in the lowest amount of LoH and CDR imaginable every so often. Give the Mystic some credit...

jblank83

I still don't understand why every leg doesn't have a unique effect.

You can't have a high end without a low end. And the low end is just named items with higher stat ranges. Why waste design time on the dregs? They exist solely as high percentage drops that have some limited utility and lifespan for players upgrading out of the rare item pool for the first time.

Even if every legendary had its own effect like "30% chance to cluck like a chicken when attacking" just for the sake of having SOME effect, the low end of the pool would be undesirable junk after the player spends even a small amount of time at the end game. Ultimately, people would still be unhappy about getting those items and nothing would have been accomplished.

So just read the flavor text, get the transmog, turn it into a soul, and move on.

The Cowboy

Just use "highest / lowest" paragon. There's no hidden roll there and it's fair.
I'd actually saying picking low/high paragon is more unfair than using random.org, I randomly go between 1st/2nd/3rd invited - its always random who gets picked like that as its a speed/system choice and not mine and its not just making someone pay because they happen to be the highest/lowest level.

Realyn

I'd actually saying picking low/high paragon is more unfair than using random.org, randomly go between 1st/2nd/3rd invited - its always random who gets picked like that as its a speed/system choice and not mine and its not just making someone pay because they happen to be the highest/lowest level.

Yep. That's why I'm doing it. I don't see a reason to reward macros, a fast pc(for reference: I'm using a SSD myself) or a low/high playtime.

I had this happen like 3 - 5 times in a row once.

It wasn't even a great Devastator anyway, but I just wanted to have that socket.

Strongarm bracers knockback damage increase works with Deadly Reach right?

/e

Or better yet what monk skills proc the increased damage?

bcl0328

losing steam quickly, as well as my sanity. night after night, i run rifts solo, no legs, at all. i gamble at kadala. no legs, at all. why the hell am i still playing? i just don't know...

losing steam quickly, as well as my sanity. night after night, i run rifts solo, no legs, at all. i gamble at kadala. no legs, at all. why the hell am i still playing? i just don't know...

It's been raining legs for me. They're just all the garbage ones that may as well be rares with slightly higher stats.

Kadala has been kind to me, but now I really do need to rely on rifts dropping me the rest of the stuff I need. *gulp*

bcl0328

It's been raining legs for me. They're just all the garbage ones that may as well be rares with slightly higher stats.

Kadala has been kind to me, but now I really do need to rely on rifts dropping me the rest of the stuff I need. *gulp*

i think using MF is cursing me. i used to get a lot too, now i get hardly any. done 7 rifts tonight, my only legendary is a wizard spike. fun weapon but garbage rolls. not a thing from kadala. sigh...

cdyhybrid

DH question:

For a CA build, should I be aiming for 2x Hand Crossbows, one 2H crossbow, a bow, a 1her with a quiver, etc.? Obviously depends on drops, but does it even matter?

Dahbomb

DH question:

For a CA build, should I be aiming for 2x Hand Crossbows, one 2H crossbow, a bow, a 1her with a quiver, etc.? Obviously depends on drops, but does it even matter?
They are all fairly even and it depends on drop.

I would only do 2H with Quiver if it's a Manticore though. With the + CHD from the Manticore plus the 50% CHD from Archery bonus it some what makes up for the dual crit gem you get from dual wield.

Discobird

DH question:

If you don't have a Cindercoat yet you will have trouble spamming CAs with anything other than 2H xbow. Once you have a Cindercoat (and preferably Pride's Fall) the world opens up.

Like Dahbomb said they're all pretty even... ultimately I think it boils down to what legendary affixes you want. 2H xbows are not super interesting other than Buriza and maybe Chanon Bolter (I haven't found one yet), but quivers can be interesting (Bombardier's being the most build-defining of the quivers). Bows are pretty uninteresting other than Kridershot, but I don't think Krider adds a lot to the typical CA build. Dual wielding offers Nat's Slayer + Calamity (considered by a lot of people to be BIS if you get the Nat's 3 pc bonus) and Danetta's set (BIS for most situations IMO and underrated for higher difficulties).

You can also do 1H + quiver... Calamity, Nat's Slayer and Helltrapper would be your ideal choices there. The Danetta's bows don't offer quite as much without the set bonus.

This is all pretty theoretical since it's hard to work toward a specific setup, you pretty much use what's given to you unless you get really lucky with gambling because weapons are so expensive to gamble. None of the crafted weapons are great.

robochimp

The last time I tried to roll a socket, first try came up Socket , Socket. I was shocked

eek5

I'm giving up my barb. What's the fastest way to do 1-70?

Do you have paragon points or not?

I'd probably just play t3-6 until around 30 then join a T6 bounty farming community (i forget the name) that finds all the easy t6 bounties and shares.

I got 2 Immortal Kings pieces within the first week of Reaper of Souls (chest and boots) and now almost 200 hours later still no final piece. I'm dying to complete the set as I have the Royal Ring of Granduer with a decent roll and need to take advantage of the awesome set bonus on IK.

I've noticed the less you play e.g. don't log on for a day or two you get way more legs. So if you're having bad luck give the game a rest for a couple of days, I guarantee when you come back you'll get some drops. They may not be the best drops but atleast you can turn them into Forgotten Souls.

jblank83

I'd actually saying picking low/high paragon is more unfair than using random.org, I randomly go between 1st/2nd/3rd invited - its always random who gets picked like that as its a speed/system choice and not mine and its not just making someone pay because they happen to be the highest/lowest level.

Given the high number of users, the high number of games, and the quick turnover, using highest/lowest results in a fair distribution. It's also both faster easier to discern than "last in" or "first in" or whatnot, as people can just look over at the numbers and be done with it rather than scroll through the chat log to see if there are any "player_name entered the game" messages after they join. More importantly, it's already well established and accepted by the community, which means no complaints. That's why it's the most common call out during game advertisements.

Any transparent method is good, though, including "last in", and better than adding a "hidden" layer such as going to random.org. I'm not saying any individual here is untrustworthy, but making the rule idiot-proof, transparent, and as fast as possible will defuse any disagreements and keep things running smoothly. Put simply, that's what everyone wants.

Fularu

Banned
I don't get why people are so cheap / get so upset. If I could reliably get into games I would open every time. I would literally use vendor to convert my frags into bloodshards at a 5:50 ratio in game, even without the xp and gold from guardians, if one were available.

I'll just tell you whenever I'm about to kill a rift guardian then

RDreamer

Another pretty shitty day. Couldn't enchant the ring I want... still. Didn't have crap drop for me... except a Tasker and Theo

... for my Demon Hunter.... So it had dex and no cc or chd or anything. Still going to use it on my WD for a bit, but that sucks.

Discobird

Another pretty shitty day. Couldn't enchant the ring I want... still. Didn't have crap drop for me... except a Tasker and Theo

... for my Demon Hunter.... So it had dex and no cc or chd or anything. Still going to use it on my WD for a bit, but that sucks.

T&T is BIS for what's arguably the best T6 DH build right now (zookeeper with Marauder 4 pc and sentries)

You may not have the gear yet but definitely hold onto it if you plan to play your DH

So there's a community called "Demon Hunting." You basically get together with only demon hunters and go rifting. If someone drop something they already have that you need, you they'll likely give it up. I gave a way a few things myself...

But then a guy dropped a Nat's Slayer that was identical to his. So he gave it to me.

SO HAPPY!

RDreamer

T&T is BIS for what's arguably the best T6 DH build right now (zookeeper with Marauder 4 pc and sentries)

You may not have the gear yet but definitely hold onto it if you plan to play your DH

I so want to do that build and add in my haunt of vaxo (use rain of vengeance to get it, so basically 2 shadows every 15 seconds for 15 see ones)

But I'm so far off of that it's ridiculous.

So there's a community called "Demon Hunting." You basically get together with only demon hunters and go rifting. If someone drop something they already have that you need, you they'll likely give it up. I gave a way a few things myself...

But then a guy dropped a Nat's Slayer that was identical to his. So he gave it to me.

SO HAPPY!

This is relevant to my interests.

Dahbomb

SO HAPPY!
This is actually pretty smart... I never thought of doing this!

And it totally makes sense doing this with other players using same class. You quadruple your chances of getting good stuff.

Finally dropped a Royal Ring.

Now working on rocking the 3 set of Tal, aughild, and asheara all at the same time. I could probably squeeze another set in there, but haven't decided which. Maybe cains for the aps and mf.

Transmogrified my Akkan pieces to the plate mail set and now I can't go back. I think this might be true for all set pieces actually

Really dumb

Dahbomb

They are apparently fixing the Chitara spawn rates in the upcoming patch.

Still no ETA on that patch... looks like it might not be coming tomorrow.

Duress

I've been trying to get a Royal Ring of Grandeur. I still have no luck. On the plus side, I'm leveling paragon levels at a decent rate, compared to doing rifts.

I hope they bring some sort of patch with today's maintenance.

At least the blood shard and bounty bag changes.

Really want something to change/spice up the gameplay now :/

ElyrionX

Crafted Ashearas yesterday. Haven't tested it much yet but it definitely provides a lot more utility than damage. I dropped 200k sheet dps just to use it but I've been able to make up for it somewhat by switching out my defensive skills for dps ones since the set makes me very tanky.

My character has become very tanky all of a sudden and it's a struggle to find more dps because I am stuck with the Tal and Ashearas set. Right now, I really need a Tal chest to drop so I can replace my Tal belt with the level 70 WH that I have in my stash.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ElyrionX-6495/hero/2106605

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

neoism

It all depends on what your gear is. Use an edps calcator like diablo progress.

its not working for me... I have 71% lighting dam I have 41 crit chance I'm wondering if 20% fire dam on the SOJ I got is better than putting 6crit on it, or putting 20%lighting dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom