• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

MrDaravon

Hm hopefully they hotfix it, but I don't think it would make a big difference. Have to salvage the item, so you need a new one every time you wanna do it and doesn't persist if you leave the game which makes it useless for fishing. Also no one in that thread seems to be able to confirm if you actually keep the buff or if it's just a visual bug.

Yeah, even if that bug is working as it appears it potentially might it's not game-breaking, BUT later in the season if it was in it could lead to some leaderboards bullshit. I'm just more amused.

Firemind

I want to do story mode this time, but then I realized you can only get the cube mats in adventure mode. Kill me now.

edit: I've been put in a queue when launching the client. welp nvm lol

Wow I just learned about the num-lock auto-cast trick. My mind is blown, now I have no idea what class I want to play since all of the 'spammy' builds will be much less annoying to play.

Cipherr

Wow I just learned about the num-lock auto-cast trick. My mind is blown, now I have no idea what class I want to play since all of the 'spammy' builds will be much less annoying to play.

They really need a UI setup for autocasting skills.

Anyways I'm going to go DH. Last 24 hours I've been considering Monk, but I am trash at melee chars in this game. That cold damage exploding palm build looks fun as hell, but I still find melee chars more annoying to play because of the way force move and force root work in this game.

Think Ill do as best I can with a DH this season, then do WD next, and if Im still playing Monk some time in the future after an expansion or something lol.

biaxident

Well my video card crashed twice last week, updated it and not sure if that fixed it. Lost my hc main last season to a video card crash and would hate for it to happen again. If I got the free set and crashed I would be so pissed lol.

So is hoa runs the best way this season? Still worth checking for kulle bounty to start to get a few yellows?

Baliis

Well my video card crashed twice last week, updated it and not sure if that fixed it. Lost my hc main last season to a video card crash and would hate for it to happen again. If I got the free set and crashed I would be so pissed lol.

So is hoa runs the best way this season? Still worth checking for kulle bounty to start to get a few yellows?

I've been doing a rift to 12 to get haunt, then HoA and butcher if it's the bounty in my practice runs. If you can roll into butcher with 15 fetishes he dies pretty fast and you keep all your yellows up to date from all the loot he drops, plus some extra gold/mats to try and get a level req weapon when the time comes.

Might not be as viable as non-WD to kill butcher though, all your pets get in his way but if you were solo you'd take a lot more damage and have to move a lot, extending the fight.

Buddy and I decided to play Barb/Sader for some ancient loot-share.

Will that combo be able to push HC seasonal duo leaderboards? Will one of us need to run zDPS?

Baliis

Will that combo be able to push HC seasonal duo leaderboards? Will one of us need to run zDPS?

Depends on what you mean by push. There's few enough HC players that any serious attempt will get you on the boards. I was in the like 4-500s last season as solo wiz with only a 70.

biaxident

So after watching some vids, massacre killing is the way to go for solo, and in groups rifts are good but massacre can still work. Just hoping I don't crash lol.

Cipherr

Paragon 60 on day one.... No wonder I couldnt catch anyone last season. You dudes are pretty insane at rebooting chars. Im hoping to hit max level in a day. Hopefully I do much better than that
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Baliis

Depends on what you mean by push. There's few enough HC players that any serious attempt will get you on the boards. I was in the like 4-500s last season as solo wiz with only a 70.

Just to be more accurate, I was 385 with a 13:04 70. You only needed a 13:51 72 to get on the 2 player board.

Cipherr

Still don't even know what the heck I wanna play. I guess monk? I have no gear for him on normal so might be good idea.

Looks like a bunch of GAF is going to play monk, so you'll have some fun being able to compete in the clan if you play that class. Its also a strong class.

Dunfisch

Paragon 60 on day one.... No wonder I couldnt catch anyone last season. You dudes are pretty insane at rebooting chars. Im hoping to hit max level in a day. Hopefully I do much better than that
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

That's not even anything special, really. Season 5, I hit P102 before I called it a night, and next morning some people in the clan were rocking upwards of 150. Thus the scrub feeling, but I'm lazy today.

Now compared to that, we got to see some groups breaking conquests left and right tonight. The stuff you'd think would take you a good while to gear up for - killing all story bosses on Torment X in 20 minutes, getting 350 kills at one of the horde spawning shrine events on TX, or running a TX rift in under 2 minutes. We're just hitting 70, getting our 2 and 4 piece sets and there's global chat announcements of folks completing what's one stop short of high end leaderboard Grifts.

At a guess, I'd say these people will top out somewhere between P400-500 for the first night. It can vary wildly. Who knows, since there's been a lot of powercreep yet again with 2.4.1, they could probs exceed that.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

holy crap. I assume you aren't doing it solo.

biaxident

All 2 of us on hardcore lol. I don't know how you hit so fast balliis I couldn't knock it up to Master until 51 once I got a 60 weapon, was on the verge of death so much lol.

Nymerio

Has the massacre bonus been like this in the last season? I really like this, getting a 300 kill streak with 4x bonus exp is pretty awesome.

MrDaravon

Only got up to 66 last night, had multiple distractions and couldn't stay up super late, and now I have to work today as well as juggle both this and the weekend orbfest in Record Keeper. RIP season leaderboards for me

Has the massacre bonus been like this in the last season? I really like this, getting a 300 kill streak with 4x bonus exp is pretty awesome.

No, I think the change to make the killstreak EXP bonuses multiplicative was done this season.

RS4-

lol wtf, I only have like 10 of my LGems in my mail. Nothing in my stash from previous seasons that went to normal.

Nymerio

If you finish a season journey chapter do always get the reward set items through the mail? I'm now on chapter 3 but I haven't gotten the set items for chapter 2...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If you finish a season journey chapter do always get the reward set items through the mail? I'm now on chapter 3 but I haven't gotten the set items for chapter 2...

You don't get the set rewards by completing chapters, but certain objectives within chapters. Those with a bag next to it. Chapter 2 has none of them since it's mostly leveling objectives.

Nymerio

You don't get the set rewards by completing chapters, but certain objectives within chapters. Those with a bag next to it. Chapter 2 has none of them since it's mostly leveling objectives.

Wow, thanks. I thought my inventory may have been full and it dropped the bag somewhere on the map without me picking it up.

moojito

I've been levelling my DH since level 20-odd with the sin seeker quiver (no channel cost on rapid fire) and was getting a bit bored of the style. Then the bombardier's rucksack dropped, so I'm rolling with the rocket turrets and arsenal multishot.

Now we're talking! It's awesome.

biaxident

Hardcore definitely made leveling interesting, me and my buddy had about 6 near deaths. Couldn't really do hoa runs cuz just not enough gear to live as melee. Nothing beats that near death rush though in this game, too good.

Dunfisch

Wow, thanks. I thought my inventory may have been full and it dropped the bag somewhere on the map without me picking it up.

To be precise, you get 3 bags at certain goals - reach level 70, then kill Izual on Torment 2 or higher and complete a Solo level 20 Greater Rift within the time limit.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Akkhan is like the worst set in the game... maybe I should play monk...

Is that the crusader set? I was thinking of playing crusader this season...

I think I'm going to wait a few days before deciding on which class to play, let the dust settle a bit and make an informed decision based on the people rushing to 70 this weekend. I don't want to pick a dud of a class again.

Firemind

Hardcore definitely made leveling interesting, me and my buddy had about 6 near deaths. Couldn't really do hoa runs cuz just not enough gear to live as melee. Nothing beats that near death rush though in this game, too good.
google-search-panic.gif

When the screen turns red and your death passive already procced while you're being assaulted by ten different elite affixes.

My friend and I started last night---first season. We recently replayed Diablo I and II, so we're doing story mode in the season. That's not going to hold us back or anything, is it? Just make us level a lot slower than everyone else.

RS4-

My friend and I started last night---first season. We recently replayed Diablo I and II, so we're doing story mode in the season. That's not going to hold us back or anything, is it? Just make us level a lot slower than everyone else.

Yes, just a little slower. Do whatever is fun for you guys.

Dunfisch

Oh, so you don't even need to complete the chapters?

Not at all, in regards to the free set. Probably most of those will give you part of the season journey anyway, but that's just secondary.

You do however have to complete the journey up to third to last chapter, that will unlock a new stash tab as reward. You keep it afterwards too.

Khilandros

I'm having the hardest time trying to decide on what character to start on this season. There are so many good choices for builds and I'm running around in circles going nowhere.

Nokterian

I am already done for this season..not in the sense i am done with the challenges etc but overall yeah i want the portrait and extra stash tab but i want new content instead. Not going full in like i did in season 5.

Dunfisch

I am already done for this season..not in the sense i am done with the challenges etc but overall yeah i want the portrait and extra stash tab but i want new content instead. Not going full in like i did in season 5.

Yep, feeling the same here. I'll definitely get my 8th stash tab, but I don't see myself bothering with trying to get to Conqueror on the season journey. I'll admit I'm also missing the energy and dynamic the Clan had back during RoS Launch, the few people playing just doesn't quite feel the same.

biaxident

Hardcore is where it's at guys, keeps it all exciting and makes you play well. For those who aren't feeling this season I suggest roll hardcore. Only balliis and I in clan play hardcore atm but we can plvl, rank 600 trio team boyz lol.

Hardcore is where it's at guys, keeps it all exciting and makes you play well. For those who aren't feeling this season I suggest roll hardcore. Only balliis and I in clan play hardcore atm but we can plvl, rank 600 trio team boyz lol.

Once I get everything taken care of on my Monk I may start doing some HC Characters. I haven't since Season 1 but I'm willing to give it a go.

Ayumi

My problem is that I live in Asia and play on US (since D3 didn't have SEA/AU servers back when I started during launch), so I always have lag. I could do a HC on SEA, but then I wouldn't really get the stuff to use on my main account after season ends. :(

Top Bottom