• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Monolith Soft run over Square-Enix with 'X'?

I can't get excited for Versus because Noctis has the most ridiculous hair ever. He looks worse than Snow in XIII-2, like an emo teenager that has been struck by lightning.

And I wouldn't be so sure that Lightning Returns is the last we see of her. I'm sure Toriyama will find a way to force Lightning into Versus, like a replacement goddess for Etro. She'll probably also be the final boss, the first final boss that can't be beaten, she will never die.

Persona86

Banned
I can't get excited for Versus because Noctis has the most ridiculous hair ever. He looks worse than Snow in XIII-2, like an emo teenager that has been struck by lightning.

And I wouldn't be so sure that Lightning Returns is the last we see of her. I'm sure Toriyama will find a way to force Lightning into Versus, like a replacement goddess for Etro. She'll probably also be the final boss, the first final boss that can't be beaten, she will never die.
image.php

His hair can sometimes look a bit too spiky and I think we can all see the resemblance of Sasuke in him but...........I think his hair looks cool here:

Noctis.png

noctis is cool, but i can't stand his shitty friends, oh well, the game will never come out anyways, just like the last guardian, the two games i bought my ps3 for.

LuuKyK

Almost as bad as people who didn't try Bayonetta because of Bayonetta's line.

Yeah, I dont get it really. >_>

What is so bad about them?

I know I cant stand the one with the squirrel face from an old trailer. lmao

It will not stop me from playing the game day one and enjoying it though. If anything I will play it more just to make fun of him. :p

noctis is cool, but i can't stand his shitty friends, oh well, the game will never come out anyways, just like the last guardian, the two games i bought my ps3 for.

It will come out.

Stark

Banned
Yeah, I dont get it really. >_>

I know I cant stand the one with the squirrel face from an old trailer. lmao

It will not stop me from playing the game day one and enjoying though. If anything I will play it more just to make fun of him. :p

No tolerance these days, lol. Man up, ffs.

Narolf

Banned
It will not stop me from playing the game day one and enjoying it though. If anything I will play it more just to make fun of him. :p

prompto_592.jpg

I concur. That shot of Prompto was absolutely terrible, moreover granted he is supposed to be a foreign fugitive.

Almost as bad as people who didn't try Bayonetta because of Bayonetta's line.

Hey thats a valid point. I was thinking about buying Bayonetta but you see my ps3 is in the living room and usually my little sister watches me play (my mum loves to watch me play uncharted, she really gets into it) and I don't want her seeing stuff like this:

bayonettahair.jpg

cuzzzz well........its awkward and she will probably snitch and I will get judged by my family ;(
(I couldn't buy Catherine for the sam reason lol)

LuuKyK

No tolerance these days, lol. Man up, ffs.

Right?

prompto_592.jpg

I concur. That shot of Prompto was absolutely terrible, moreover granted he is supposed to be a most wanted fugitive.

THATS THE GUY. hahaha Tell me you dont want to punch him in the face. I know I want. :p I wish there is a plot twist and he is the villain so that I might kill him with Noctis. :D

Hey thats a valid point. I was thinking about buying Bayonetta but you see my ps3 is in the living room and usually my little sister watches me play (my mum loves to watch me play uncharted, she really gets into it) and I don't want her seeing stuff like this:

bayonettahair.jpg

cuzzzz well........its awkward and she will probably snitch and I will get judged by my family ;(

Just play it in french and say its an artsy indie game or something. :p

Stark

Banned

bayonettahair.jpg

Okay that's understandable. :p But for people who just walk away from one line is a bit much, no? And who aren't in such circumstances.

Narolf

Banned
THATS THE GUY. hahaha Tell me you dont want to punch him in the face. I know I want. :p I wish there is a plot twist and he is the villain so that I might kill him with Noctis. :D

If any of Noctis' friends had to back-stab him, that would be Ignis. He works for his father in the first place and remains ambiguous all along.

200px-Ignis_FFXIII-V.png

Akkad

Banned
Yeah this game we have seen a 2 minute trailer from will be better than the other game that we have seen 2 minutes of. Brilliant!

even if it does come out, versus won't be the same game we look forward to. quality will take a huge hit because midway through production the team had to be broken up to "help out" other projects, and there is absolutely nothing worse than returning to an unfinished project, in any software development.

What is so bad about them?
they're ugly. i hope they die within the first hour. love noctis and stella tho.

Narolf

Banned
Regardless, I appreciate how the relationship between those two doesn't overshadow the rest of the cast, like it happened with FFVIII.

I love this Versus fanfic. He ~seems~ like a cool hero. In trailer #2, seconds 23-29, he gave this really cool look that screamed "I'm a deep, well-written hero with an interesting past, motivations and relationships." Noctis is everything I ever hoped for.

Narolf

Banned
Who is the Naruto character in Versus XIII anyway? Prompto or whatever his name is?

Prompto x Noctis x Stella love triangle woop woop

Not going to be a love triangle... what you will get is a "square" in antipathy and empathy between Noctis, his father, the pope guy (Stella's parent or something) and Stella. Eventually they will move from allies to opponents, alternately.

Noctis <~> Stella
|-----------------|
Father <~> Pope​

Near as I can tell, the only Narutoss character is Noctis aka Sasuke Mark II.

paul187

Okay that's understandable. :p But for people who just walk away from one line is a bit much, no? And who aren't in such circumstances.

What line? "You want to touch me." That one?

I don't play Bayeonetta in front of my bro because I don't want to be judged. There is just so much nonsense constantly going around.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
That and people latching onto the fantasy of a PS3 exclusive FF game that doesn't disappoint like XIII did.

Heh, yeah I wonder how many people have pinned their hopes on Versus because of the PS3 exclusivity. I'm almost positive that by now it will become multiplatform in an attempt to recoup development costs, wonder what the fans will think about it then?

Also I'm pretty hesitant towards declaring Versus a savior of anything. It could be because I prefer traditional menu-driven RPGs to action RPGs, or felt that the combat in the KH series was very sloppy. We'll see when it comes out. But I gave up on SE - I've moved on to companies like Atlus, Falcom, and yes Monolith, as I'm sure plenty of other RPG fans have.

Narolf

Banned
I'm almost positive that by now it will become multiplatform in an attempt to recoup development costs, wonder what the fans will think about it then?

Granted Versus' appeal lies into its art more than its inner technical resources, I wouldn't mind at all. Surely that will allow them to downgrade the game on the slice tho, same as FFXIII.

CorvoSol

When you talk to him, though, you'll see that the majority of his issues with the game are completely valid. I agree with some of them, even.

Like, maybe it's because FF6 was one of the last FF games I'd finished in my experience with the series (though it's one of the earliest FF games I started but I returned it to the rental store), but even though I like FF6, there are some things I don't like about it at all (which I started to go through in my FF6 playthrough that I should really post the next part for).

Nonsense. No complaints with FF6 are valid. The game is perfect, through and through and people who disagree with my view of this reality are not cool guys.

Wow lets not get carried away here....

Monolith Soft , as amazing as some of you want to believe, have released one excellent rpg and have also released some not so good titles.

Square Enix has released a plethora of amazing rpg's throughout it's creation with some being the best in the genre. They are known for their JRPG's.

In no way do I think Monolith is on the level of Square Enix. They need a far larger studio and would need an amazing catalogue of jrpg's to be considered equal.

That's exactly the notion this thread is playing off of. Square is the behemoth with the legacy, yet Monolithsoft's FIRST HD reveal has 10x more hype than all that Lightning shit that keeps getting shoved down our throats. That's what makes this hilarious.

jaxword

Nobody wants SE to fail. That's partly why this is frustrating seeing them do this to themselves.

You sure? Just on last page alone:

LR is gonna be a fucking big bomba. I hope so, so Toriyama dosn't writes another FF in years.

This. I never thought I'd want a Final Fantasy game to do bad, but Square needs to be taught a lesson...

Half the posts in the ATB thread were similar.

Top Bottom