• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did the Sekiro 'tease' live up to the project beast 'leak'?

cormack12

Gold Member
Here was the first tease of Sekiro which made everyone lose their mind

Here is what we originally got for Bloodborne - full dump at link

2NhiI9V.jpg

CYdoKFf.png

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yes it did and exceeded expectations afaic.

the game might be the best one From has ever made. certainly it has the best combat.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Looking forward to playing through several From games for the first time on my PS5, the BC improvements are awesome for a lot of games.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Theres nowhere in Bloodborne that looks like that teaser shot....Now I want more bloodborne
Both were amazing games. My top 5 this gen. Bloodborne was better though to me

Last edited:

Freeman76

Sekiro is a game that really fucks me off because Im shit at it and without being able to summon help i will never see more than 20% of the game.

V4skunk

Banned
Sekiro is a game that really fucks me off because Im shit at it and without being able to summon help i will never see more than 20% of the game.
Just git gud.
There is probably something thst hasn't clicked for you yet!
My advice is to learn deflect.
Start by holding L1 to guard and when you are attacked try tapping L1 in time with the attacks to parry. You shouldn't take any damage with this tactic but if you miss deflects you have to back off to recover soon enough.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nope, i wouldn't say I hated it but i didn't really like it either. unlike Bloodborne and DS3 which ive newgame+ multiple times .. I will never touch Sekiro again.

You and me both. That game ended up being a fucking slog, and didn’t have many elements of the Soulsborne games that made them so special. Sekiro did well, but they left money on the table long term.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
didn’t have many elements of the Soulsborne games
Because its action game not RPG like FROM' pervious games. I personally put 100 + hours in to it and platinum the game and planning to play it again on PS5. The reason I like to replay Sekiro is same reason I like to replay games like Bayonetta and DMC, as you get good at the combat the game become more fun.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

As much as I generally don't care for Souls-like games, I'm gonna give it a shot considering how much I still appreciate and respect From Software, along with their work. Bought it recently, and I look forward to giving it a whirl!

Neff

Everything about Project Beast was tantalising as fuck. Victorian Souls on (at the time) a next gen platform sounded like the greatest thing ever. Putting the pieces together with the community was fun, and there was a fair bit to go on to feed crazy theories.

The Sekiro teaser by contrast didn't elicit nearly as much interest, since it was much more cryptic, but it was still more than attention-worthy.

It goes without saying that both games delivered.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's too hard for me. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 felt "just right" Sekiro felt cheap with it's difficulty.

inb4 gitgut.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sekiro felt cheap with it's difficulty.
I cant never understand that, I'm not skill player at all, but for me it never felt "cheap". My theory is that most people who play souls games got too depended on summoning other people to help them out, but I mostly played them offline and maybe this is why I never had issue with Sekiro's difficulty.

LarknThe4th

Theres nowhere in Bloodborne that looks like that teaser shot....Now I want more bloodborne
Both were amazing games. My top 5 this gen. Bloodborne was better though to me
That's the Hemwick Charnel lane right.

Its the drawbridge you walk through to get to the stone that leads to Cainhurst and if ya keep going off the path to the left you get to the witches boss fight

Fbh

Definitely. I thought it was awesome and one of my favorite games of the gen even if I like Bloodborne more overall.

I'll say the only thing that hurt the Sekiro reveal a bit was Nioh since we already got a Samurai game with supernatural elements and FROM style influences (even if the actual games are very different). Up until they showed the arm (and then the FROM Logo) I actually thought the trailer was for Nioh 2.

Bloodborne on the other hand definitely felt more unique when it was revealed.

Last edited:
yes it did and exceeded expectations afaic.

the game might be the best one From has ever made. certainly it has the best combat.

I actually (ashamed to admit) skipped Sekiro.

Is it that good? I adore Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. BB is in my top 5 all time. DS1 is good but I haven't finished 2 and 3.

Top Bottom