• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you refer to the Nintendo Entertainment System as the Ness, N.E.S, or Nintendo?

Tenki

"La Nintendo" in Spanish for me when I was a child. Now I call it "la NES" (as in the ness).

And the SNES for me was "la Super" most of the times, instead of "la Super Nintendo".

Firebrand

"Nintendo" (or "Nintendo 8-bit") and "Super Nintendo". If you had said "NES" or "SNES" nobody would have known what you were talking about. Sweden.

Ostinatto

"La Nintendo" in Spanish for me when I was a child. Now I call it "la NES" (as in the ness).

And the SNES for me was "la Super" most of the times, instead of "la Super Nintendo".

yup, im also say "la play", "la play dos" , ""la play tres", "la play cuatro" and "la Xbox"

Fularu

Banned
In France we used "La ness (la nesse with french prononciation)

It was "la Super ness" or "la super famicom" if you wanted to be edgy

I worked for Nintendo as a Gameplay Counselor in 1995, at that point we were told to refer to the SNES on the phone as the "Super N.E.S."

blakep267

Just Nintendo/super nintendo. "Hey you wanna come over and play some Nintendo". I always find it weird calling stuff by acronyms. "Let's play some Nes". Nah doesn't work

N.E.S. or Nintendo. I have never in my life other than online heard someone call it the Ness or Nez or any variation of that. Nez doesn't even make sense to me.

kromeo

How did they pronounce them on gamesmaster? lol

hqdefault.jpg

I'm guessing super nintendo..

Walpurgis

Banned
I call it N.E.S. I suppose Ness might be easier but I don't talk about the machine enough to make that stick. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever talk about it unless I'm making fun of PS+.

Davey Cakes

It's a "phases of life" thing for me.

When I was a little kid, Nintendo.

When I was a bit older, Ness.

Now I stick to N.E.S.

Mudron

Just "Nintendo" and later, "Super Nintendo", but now it's usually "En Ee Ess" and "Sness/Super Nintendo" (after 25 years, I finally got worn down by so many other people & podcasters saying "Sness").

Nez, same as every British and European person I've ever met, and all media in the UK at the time.

Both Nez and Snez sound correct to me. Spelling them out always seemed a bit long winded and silly when the acronyms form perfectly decent, uniquely distinct words.

Top Bottom