• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diddy Kong: Back and More Bananas Than Ever in Smash for Wii U / 3DS!

Popnbake

zlCfzRiDm58Zm7NBfo

He's got that Dhalsim fierce.

Thought that was a photoshop. o_O

They need to scale back on that length.

Oddduck

Enh, can't really get excited about him. There are a lot better characters that could have gotten his slot.

Like Cranky Kong.

Diddy Kong starred in his own game (Diddy Kong Racing/Diddy Kong Racing DS).

He deserves his spot in Smash Bros before most of the other kongs.

But his inclusion makes logical sense and his "slot" was no way wasted in whatever way thts possible

I'm just saying by pure numbers I would have picked a lot of characters above him in my dream roster. Lots of Nintendo characters I'd put above Diddy.

Just an opinion. You're free to like him as much as you wish.

Darryl

Banned
I'm just saying by pure numbers I would have picked a lot of characters above him in my dream roster. Lots of Nintendo characters I'd put above Diddy.

Just an opinion. You're free to like him as much as you wish.

same here, but it's hard to argue that any of them would've earned the spot as much as diddy has.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
GOMU GOMU NO PUNCH!

Hopefully this means we get a cool Donkey Kong Stage soon.

He'll probably be a lot less scary to fight if Glide Tossing isn't in (and a lot less fun/effective to use too). Glad to see he's back, though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Watch Da Birdie

EDIT: Thought it might be a bit too crude and overshoot the "no creepy stuff" Smash Rule.

Threi

notag
Glad to see 1/2 of my mains made it in. Banana spam all day.

Waiting for my other main now
Game and Watch

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Of all the Brawl characters, I think I give the least shits about Diddy. He might as well not even be in the game. I am so boooored by him for some reason.

Pretty wild how gross his and DK's fur is in this game. Maybe it'll look better in motion and zoomed out.

Glad to see he's back as he definitely deserves the spot being the most important character in the DKC series next to DK.

I still hope Dixie gets in as she's been playable in quite a few DKC games. I'll like to have a few more females on the roster (hopefully Palutena and a FE rep) as there are only five females do far (if Sheik and ZSS are back they're still alternative forms). Dixie feels like the most deserving Nintendo female left. Also I'll like to have a non-humanoid female to add some variety.

RomanceDawn

If you knew how to Banana Lock you were a god among men. I hope Diddy gets just one banana at time in this game. Or maybe things will be slightly changed and 2 bananas won't be so bad in the hands of an expert.

And the pictures of Fox, Lucario and I think Samus where they were all tripping certainly came from Diddy.

Jacobi

Banned
I wonder what the visual style of Smash U is supposed to be.
Brawl with a bunch of more polygons and different color scheme?

Watch Da Birdie

I wonder what the visual style of Smash U is supposed to be.
Brawl with a bunch of more polygons and different color scheme?

They always struck me as looking like shiny, plastic models this time around, fitting the toy theme.

AdanVC

Cool to see it back! I think the fur on DK and Diddy it's more than acceptable considering 99% of the time the characters are going to be zoomed out and moving really fast with tons of effects, smoke, lighting, etc. Great line-up of characters so far. Hope Sakurai announce Ness soon, he was my main in Brawl!

Darryl

Banned
Of all the Brawl characters, I think I give the least shits about Diddy. He might as well not even be in the game. I am so boooored by him for some reason.

Pretty wild how gross his and DK's fur is in this game. Maybe it'll look better in motion and zoomed out.

he has very little character. i could think up a couple dozen words to describe donkey kong, not a single one for diddy. they need to work on that.

Watch Da Birdie

he has very little character. i could think up a couple dozen words to describe donkey kong, not a single one for diddy. they need to work on that.

I disagree, Diddy had a lot of expression in Donkey Kong Country, and was probably one of the cutest characters in the SSE Cutscenes.

Village

Diddy Kong starred in his own game (Diddy Kong Racing/Diddy Kong Racing DS).

He deserves his spot in Smash Bros before most of the other kongs.

While Believe this true, I do believe Cranky deserves to be in the game someone how more than just a trophy.

He is the OG

I can't , I can however for diddy.

DK legit has no personality , he just likes banna's and sometimes he helps in mario party. And 2 times he really wanted to act like granpa so he kidnapped a pretty lady.

Zalman

Glad to see he's back as he definitely deserves the spot being the most important character in the DKC series next to DK.

I still hope Dixie gets in as she's been playable in quite a few DKC games. I'll like to have a few more females on the roster (hopefully Palutena and a FE rep) as there are only five females do far (if Sheik and ZSS are back they're still alternative forms). Dixie feels like the most deserving Nintendo female left. Also I'll like to have a non-humanoid female to add some variety.
I feel like Palutena is pretty much guaranteed. I would be very surprised if she wasn't in the game. Also, there willl probably be a FE:A rep and I have a feeling it's Chrom, but I'm hoping for a female character personally. Dixie is still up in the air.

Watch Da Birdie

While Believe this true, I do believe Cranky deserves to be in the game someone how more than just a trophy.

He is the OG

Well, he was technically in both the Melee Jungle Japes stage as a silhouette, and as the original Donkey Kong in the 75M Stage in Brawl.

Maybe we'll see him hanging out in the Returns stage.

I don't really see that... But awesome idea if it would look kinda Toy Story like.

Some characters pull it off better than others, I especially see this with Mega Man, Toon Link, the more cartoony, rounder dudes.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping that Diddy and Dixie would be a tag team like the Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom