• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Die Hard Trilogy EPIC Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo said:
By taking a screenplay related in no way to DH, renaming it, and changing the protaganist's name to John McClane, and adding some last minute bit about the villain being DH's villain's brother? :lol

If that's so, damn did it ever work out so brilliantly!

jett

D-Member
DH1 > DH3 >>>>>>>>> DH2

Yippee-ki-yay-mother****ers!

It's an embarrassment that this line wasn't on the American Film Institute'a top 100 film quotes.

WasabiKing said:
Is there a new Die Hard Trilogy being re-released? Like a remastered version?
There will almost certainly be a new re-remasterd extra special edition of Die Hard etc. on shelves when Die Hard 4.0 (or whatever it heck its called now) hits theaters next year.

Also it sucks hard (note the pun lol) that it will be directed by the autur who brought us the Underworld films. That guy couldn't suck any harder if he was a F5 hurricane that just hit a Kirby vacuum factory.

Skullkid

everyonepx4.jpg

Haha, I remember that from the edited-for-TV version. The greatest thing is that it makes absolutely no sense. Why would the black dudes want to kill him for that?

temp

posting on contract only
I'm still, to this day, disappointed that Die Hard 2 didn't take place during New Years. Die Hard set it up perfectly for that.

Red Scarlet said:
You got a tag!
WasabiKing is a great man. And a great mod/admin/whatever he is.

I even have a matching avatar for that scene!

temp: I guess they put it during Christmas again so they could use the "omg Christmas again!" lines.

temp

posting on contract only
PuertoRicanJuice said:
WasabiKing is a great man. And a great mod/admin/whatever he is.

I even have a matching avatar for that scene!

temp: I guess they put it during Christmas again so they could use the "omg Christmas again!" lines.
Yeah, but if it was set during New Years then the limo driver could drive up, look out the window, be all "whoa!!" and then leave.

i thought part three came out in 1993? i remenber being a 12 year old and hanging out at my cousin's house at 175th and st. nicholas avenue and watching them film the awesomeness that was Die hard 3. my pecking order? DH3> DH>DH2 just 'cause it's new york.

Scenester

HyperZone<3 said:
Scenester

sorry, always wanted to do that.

Anyways, McTiernen is kinda unemployable at the moment. Rollerball was a huge flop and Basic did mediacore business. It doesn't help that he's recently become a admitted felon and got his next film yanked from him because of it. If you were running a studio, would you hire that guy?

I mean yeah I would...but only because Last Action Hero is my favourite movie.

To quote LL Cool J on the Rollerball DVD commentary: "John McTiernan, hes brilliant."

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, what a great trilogy. My favorite character is still the construction worker in WAV who was like a ****ing encyclopedia.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
i thought part three came out in 1993? i remenber being a 12 year old and hanging out at my cousin's house at 175th and st. nicholas avenue and watching them film the awesomeness that was Die hard 3. my pecking order? DH3> DH>DH2 just 'cause it's new york.
Had to be '95, I was graduating high school.

Die Hard With a Vengeance was great, but it was one of those movies I had to watch a few times to really enjoy it. Mainly because of the decapitations. :D

avcables

Banned
We're going to have to have another NEOGAF DIE HARD MARATHON NIGHT soon. Everyone will start watching Die Hard 1, 2, and 3 at the same time worldwide and we will all discuss in this thread.

This Friday, anyone? 9:00pm EST? Who's in?

avcables said:
We're going to have to have another NEOGAF DIE HARD MARATHON NIGHT soon. Everyone will start watching Die Hard 1, 2, and 3 at the same time worldwide and we will all discuss in this thread.

ill be in for 1 and 3 if I dont end up going to see Spiderman

bluemax

Banned
avcables said:

This sounds awfully tempting. Especially since I own the DVDs now.

avcables

Banned
Linkzg said:
ill be in for 1 and 3 if I dont end up going to see Spiderman

Jeez I totally forgot about that. Alright maybe we'll have to wait until Live Free or Die Hard is about to come out, and then we'll do it. This thread will be the meeting grounds for it. Updates coming after I get home from work. :D

madmook

I see Die Hard anywhere in a thread title and I am IN.

Anybody know of high-def releases for the trilogy? It would be deserving of an erection.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I just recently saw DieHard 1 and Die hard 3. (I know lttp lol!1) Needless to say it was awesome! Seriously one of the best movie series I have seen in a long time.

I have not seen Diehard 2 yet. People keep saying it sucks so I am trying to avoid it...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
God.

Yea.

My favorite movie trilogy ever. Just re-reading these quotes and looking at the screen-caps makes me tear up in a beautiful way.

I ****ING LOVE DIE HARD.

Oh shit.

Tattoo idea.

Hhaha.

I ain't ****ing kidding :)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
bud said:
just remember that the tattoo won't look so good anymore when you're 60.

Yea, and neither will my nut sack, but nothing I can do about that.

bud

Forceatowulf said:
I just recently saw DieHard 1 and Die hard 3. (I know lttp lol!1) Needless to say it was awesome! Seriously one of the best movie series I have seen in a long time.

I have not seen Diehard 2 yet. People keep saying it sucks so I am trying to avoid it...

die harder doesn't suck but when you compare it to the other two then yeah, it's pretty bad. if you do watch it, just see it as a spin-off or something :p

Wes

venison crêpe
Wow @ bump.

I thought Cajole may have started a whole new thread about this. We need another Die Hard watch-a-thon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom