• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Obsidian just announced Pathfinder the card adventure game coming to iPad (plus a long term deal with Paizo).

Official site

Oooooooo yesssssss!!!!
Now bring Eternity too :p

oh man that's awesome. Own the physical game, will double dip for sure. Wonder if there'll be coop.

In the officials press release they mention it's a co op game, so I'm assuming the digital version would be too (hoping for async).

Yeah its a coop game, base is 1-4 but it's 1-6 (I believe) with the character expansion. Async would be nice, but I doubt they will do it for this game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
As long as there'll be persistent coop characters through multiple runs I'll be happy. We could have setups where well put aside like 30mins to an hour, get ourselves a group chat going and play through one adventure.

/nerdgasm

Pau

Been playing a lot of Star Realms. Man, I am terrible. If anyone wants to play against me, I'm under my GAF username.

As long as there'll be persistent coop characters through multiple runs I'll be happy. We could have setups where well put aside like 30mins to an hour, get ourselves a group chat going and play through one adventure.

/nerdgasm

Yeah, thats what im thinking too. Dibs on Seoni :p

Would totally be down to try PACG. Hope the tutorial is good.

I always hope for a good tutorial, but its a pretty simple game to figure out, so it shouldnt be too bad regardless.

edit:

Been playing a lot of Star Realms. Man, I am terrible. If anyone wants to play against me, I'm under my GAF username.

I will send you a challenge!

Who else is playing Star Realms? we need it in the spreadsheet.

I needed those 2! Does this apply to US? Not marked as sales ATM.
That's what the TouchArcade app tells me, and I'm in the UK. If I go to TouchArcade on the web the price shows up as $3.99 (usually $6.99).
If I see anything official from Facebook or Twitter I'll post it.

Right - my username is my gaf name. superrobot [12 letter limits - bah!]

I've got to do the tutorials in my lunch break and then I'm ready to be demolished by everyone.

That's what the TouchArcade app tells me, and I'm in the UK. If I go to TouchArcade on the web the price shows up as $3.99 (usually $6.99).
If I see anything official from Facebook or Twitter I'll post it.

** Woop Woop ** (sale alarm)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/d-d-lords-of-waterdeep/id648019675?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/agricola/id561521557?mt=8

Even better is that the IAPs for I & K decks and the Waterdeep expansions are
£0.69 or $0.99 each.

Grifter

Too many games to play! Got the following 4 sitting untouched, can I get a ranking in terms of learning curve? Also in iPhone friendliness? Ascension on iPhone has me renewing my eye prescription.

- Agricola
- Star Realms
- Waterdeep
- Nightfall

** Woop Woop ** (sale alarm)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/d-d-lords-of-waterdeep/id648019675?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/agricola/id561521557?mt=8

Even better is that the IAPs for I & K decks and the Waterdeep expansions are
£0.69 or $0.99 each.

Thanks! Aren't the I & K decks normally $.99? (Just hedging because I bought a bunch of IAP a while back for games I ending up not enjoying).

Too many games to play! Got the following 4 sitting untouched, can I get a ranking in terms of learning curve? Also in iPhone friendliness? Ascension on iPhone has me renewing my eye prescription.

- Agricola
- Star Realms
- Waterdeep
- Nightfall

Thanks! Aren't the I & K decks normally $.99? (Just hedging because I bought a bunch of IAP a while back for games I ending up not enjoying).

They are usually $2.99

- Agricola
- Star Realms
- Waterdeep
- Nightfall

Man, all of those have a bunch of reading till your figure them out...haha, so they are all gonna suck for that.

In my opinion, I would probably say Star Realms is easiest, then lords of water deep, then Agricola...and then Nightfall. Nightfall is weird, I love it, it's one of my favourite deck builder games (despite its dumb theme!), its a very easy game to play, but fuck is it confusing to understand. Haha.

Grifter

Man, all of those have a bunch of reading till your figure them out...haha, so they are all gonna suck for that.

In my opinion, I would probably say Star Realms is easiest, then lords of water deep, then Agricola...and then Nightfall. Nightfall is weird, I love it, it's one of my favourite deck builder games (despite its dumb theme!), its a very easy game to play, but fuck is it confusing to understand. Haha.

Yeah, Nightfall's art has been repelling for the year+ it's been on my phone, but it looks fun even tho I'll prob be messing up chaining for several games.

Playdek is updating there whole online system apparently.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/i...online-play-system-coming-summoner-wars-year/

Playdek’s new overhauled multiplayer is promising to address many of the gripes we’ve heard on these forums over the years and supply features we never thought to ask for.

There’s going to be in-game real-time chat, which is probably the single most-requested feature I’ve personally seen for Playdek games. Tied in with that will be fleshed-out profiles for the Playdek account you’re already using to play Agricola and Summoner Wars online, as well as the ability to make a friends list that remains persistent across games. You’ll be able to block people, too, so that you can bury the shame of that 40-card last turn I ran on you in Ascension.

playdek-Friend-and-Group-Lists-600x450.jpg

New features like a built in tournament system too. Should be great!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Relatedly that is really cool that they are doing that though. Even just the chat alone adds a nice new dimension. Like I can complain about someone getting a BS powerful four-cost card with two energy under it in Ascension turn 1.

PittaGAF

Finally won a game of Star Realms! Bless you PittaGAF. :)

LOL, well played!!!

Immensely enjoying our game.

This game is FANTASTIC.
The app not that much...too bad it shows its PC and Android heritage...but the game is fantastic.

I've already depleted 1 iPad and 1 iPhone battery today playing this game.

LOL, well played!!!

Immensely enjoying our game.

This game is FANTASTIC.
The app not that much...too bad it shows its PC and Android heritage...but the game is fantastic.

I've already depleted 1 iPad and 1 iPhone battery today playing this game.

Whats THAT supposed to mean ????? :p

PittaGAF

Whats THAT supposed to mean ????? :p

Sorry, maybe my bad English at work.
On iOS I'm accustomed to smooth swipes, pinch to zoom and such.
In the Star Realms iOS app, it's clear that they aren't accustomed to that too :p
Buttons for left and right instead of smooth swipes and a TON of wasted real estate (expecially on iPhone) clearly shows the game was made first for PCs.
I'm not familiar with Android but I guess they are more accustomed to double finger tap to zoom, or I can't explain why in the world they made that choice.

That said, after a while...it's bearable.
It's not Coding Monkeys or even Playdek labor, that's for sure.

The game is fantastic tough, liking it a ton more than Ascension already.

Sorry, maybe my bad English at work.
On iOS I'm accustomed to smooth swipes, pinch to zoom and such.
In the Star Realms iOS app, it's clear that they aren't accustomed to that too :p
Buttons for left and right instead of smooth swipes and a TON of wasted real estate (expecially on iPhone) clearly shows the game was made first for PCs.
I'm not familiar with Android but I guess they are more accustomed to double finger tap to zoom, or I can't explain why in the world they made that choice.

That said, after a while...it's bearable.
It's not Coding Monkeys or even Playdek labor, that's for sure.

The game is fantastic tough, liking it a ton more than Ascension already.

PC part I can probably agree with, but Android games from what Ive played are pretty much exactly the same as iOS ones.

It is a bad app though, but its functional, which is better than a lot of the other games that look fancy, but dont work for shit! haha.

Daigoro

I'm down for star realms games as well. Same user name. Send me an invite if I miss you.

Edit: got three gaf games going right now! Whoo!

PittaGAF

I can cope with everything else, but Star Realms desperately needs this:

1) A friend list.
2) Being able to get rid of the completed games.
3) The icon badge....I need to know how many games I have to take turn (the more the better).
4) Better (bigger) iPhone layout.
5) (unlikely) chat.
6) A better custom notification sound (the one in game is perfect).

PRO TIP: go in setting and select the top graphical option.
Your eyes will thank me later.

Brakara

Relatedly that is really cool that they are doing that though. Even just the chat alone adds a nice new dimension. Like I can complain about someone getting a BS powerful four-cost card with two energy under it in Ascension turn 1.

That's why I hate chat in games like this.. :) So happy it's not in the games I play regularly... Now, if I can turn it off, then I don't care, but if this means I'm going to get salty messages from strangers then this feature can go to hell.

I can cope with everything else, but Star Realms desperately needs this:

1) A friend list.
2) Being able to get rid of the completed games.
3) The icon badge....I need to know how many games I have to take turn (the more the better).
4) Better (bigger) iPhone layout.
5) (unlikely) chat.
6) A better custom notification sound (the one in game is perfect).

1) Agreed
2) They are automatically removed after a couple of days so no reason to sweat over it
3) Agreed
4 Agreed
5) No! See above. :)
6) I like the current one

I don't think they'll do much about the UI though since it's a tiny team making this, and they have to support 4 (!) platforms. Any time spent on a specific iPhone or iPad UI means it will be longer before we get new features. And I rather have new features than a nicer UI.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's why I hate chat in games like this.. :) So happy it's not in the games I play regularly... Now, if I can turn it off, then I don't care, but if this means I'm going to get salty messages from strangers then this feature can go to hell.

Hehe never thought of that as I never play with randoms.

Daigoro

It need immersive mode on android at least. That wasted screen space at the bottom where the nav buttons are is too damn much!

Apparently there is no rematch function either. Gonna be annoying for friendly gaf games to input the names every time.

It need immersive mode on android at least. That wasted screen space at the bottom where the nav buttons are is too damn much!

Apparently there is no rematch function either. Gonna be annoying for friendly gaf games to input the names every time.

Yeah, at least they turn into dots!

The friends list thing NEEDS to happen asap.

Brakara

Yeah, who plays with random people? Certainly not people who use this thread! :p

In games that gives you loot for doing it, like in Hearthstone, or in games where I don't have any friends like SolForge. ;(

Oh, and in games that support online tournaments like most of the Playdek games will.

Edit: Just to be clear, I have no problem with chat if I can enable it just for people on my friends list.

In games that gives you loot for doing it, like in Hearthstone, or in games where I don't have any friends like SolForge. ;(

Oh, and in games that support online tournaments like most of the Playdek games will.

lalalalalalala.

I dont hear your words!

Daigoro

Just had my best game yet,destroyer a higher level player in 5-6 turn and now I'm gettin wrecked by 2 gaffers at once!

It ain't pretty.

Top Bottom