• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: GT Sport vs Forza 7

maJFx0C.jpg

Using a pic of FM5 to whine about FM7...
e1n5llF.png

Last edited:

elbow25

Neo Member
I feel like this will continue to be the trend when it comes to PS4 exclusives only because Sony has such a large pool of 1st party software designed specifically for the ps4. MS will have to count on third party support to help push the oneX and help set itself up as the best platform for all things true 4k 3rd party. In short, Sony will continue to dominate in providing the best visuals in first party software, while MS will dominate in providing the best visuals for 3rd party software. It's a win win if you ask me.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I feel like this will continue to be the trend when it comes to PS4 exclusives only because Sony has such a large pool of 1st party software designed specifically for the ps4. MS will have to count on third party support to help push the oneX and help set itself up as the best platform for all things true 4k 3rd party. In short, Sony will continue to dominate in providing the best visuals in first party software, while MS will dominate in providing the best visuals for 3rd party software. It's a win win if you ask me.

Gears and the Forza games are stunning. I prefer horizon games which are stunning when you consider what the game is doing. As for 3rd party games they are always the biggest sellers of the year so that can work in Microsofts advantage

BigLee74

No reflection reflections? What are you even talking about.... and get me some receipts on 20fps reflections in GTS...

The 'receipt' is in the very same digital foundry video you posted on the last page in some misguided attempt at bashing Forza. You absolute tool.

sigrad

FM7 looks so booring compared to GTS....
GT:S does definitely look better interior wise. I think GT:S has around 50-60 cars the rest are duplicates of those. So interiors are going to look way better than Forza's 400+ (just a guess) cars that aren't duplicates. Also your shots are taken under completely different lighting conditions. GT: showroom lights vs. outside over cast lighting. The shot that shows the real difference are the 3rd and 5th shots. GT's lighting is just on a whole different level. Really wish Turn 10 would try to make their lighting like GT's. GT definitely has better car models and lighting. Forza has more content. I'd rather have more to play than better things to look at.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
No reflection reflections? What are you even talking about.... and get me some receipts on 20fps reflections in GTS...

Funny still, that you want to change the conversation from 30fps mirrors and reflections to 60fps gameplay. It's just that GTS refreshes at 60 on everything, which makes sense and is the right call in motion.

Forza 7 on X got upgraded to 60fps on mirrors and rain on windscreen, it also 60fps reflections in bonnet cam. GTS had low fps in bonnet cam from what i remember tho this may have been dynamic and may have been changed since its been quite a while since i played GTS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom