• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Direct-feed Persona 5 screenshots

Ploid 3.0

Suddenly I feel like a kid again, looking at new pictures of a new colorful game in a gaming magazine. Those were the days, and this thread is awesome.

Persona 5 looks so pretty. Looking forward to hearing how it sounds.

Sony is pouring money into this to 1) Get the PS4 port up to snuff and 2) Get it out in the west in 2015.

So yeah, I can totally see a JP release in August/September and November release in the US, at least.

A 2 to 3 month launch after Japan sounds crazy if they pull it off for a big JRPG like this but I guess anything is possible.

Sony is pouring money into this though? I wasn't aware they were.

kgtrep

I like how the subway shot (the one with the protagonist standing next to a column) shows passengers in line in a slouched posture, more so as they are nearer to the train, indicating they are bored by their daily routine.

Ravage

persona-5_2015_05-01-5rxsm.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-12bb6.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-g5lfb.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-zba3d.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-jixow.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-nelm0.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-svz1b.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-jmx95.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-yxzww.jpg

persona-5_2015_05-01-00y1m.jpg

It's been a while since I last got this excited looking at screenshots :)

I can't wait to see the PS4 version where they hopefully clean up the AA.

And I honestly think this game can do over a million worldwide. I mean P4G did around 200k and that was on a tiny vita userbase.

Some of those shots make the main character really look like Vincent (Especially this one), to the point where I can't help but wonder if this protagonist is Vincent and Katherine's son, or at least a relative of Vincent. Hopefully, they have a cameo appearance somewhere.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I can't wait to see the PS4 version where they hopefully clean up the AA.

And I honestly think this game can do over a million worldwide. I mean P4G did around 200k and that was on a tiny vita userbase.

1 million easily but if it can do over 2 million is the question.

I'm really sceptical this'll release in 2015 — at least not in Europe and America; the fall is way too packed for it to do so and have decent sales.

I'm really sceptical this'll release in 2015 — at least not in Europe and America; the fall is way too packed for it to do so and have decent sales.

It's not even that for me. It's the fact that Japan hasn't gotten a release date, which is probably mid july or Fall at this point and then they have to localize it and release it outside of Japan. I just don't see it.

t26

Persona 3 Portable wasn't a good game? :^)

I know what you meant though.

Yeah Devil Survivor Overclocked was only a week difference for Japan and NA but that is also a game that was already localized as it is and was a re-release mostly with an extra bit of content.
They added full voice acting and significant story

Trigger

God, Arsene is just such an awesome design. I hope there's some kind of upgrade system so that I can keep him around longer.

Panda Rin

looks absolutely fantastic.

still a bit skeptical on the 2015 West release though. Assuming we'll find a concrete date at E3.

And here I thought I'd be able to push Persona 5 to the back of my mind until a release date was announced.

No such deal. I need this game all over me. Please based Atlus USA, tell me I'll be able to play as a demon summoning Harry Potter this year.

I still don't believe it will come out 2015 outside of Japan as P5 isn't coming out until at least until July at the earliest in Japan.

Unless it's a December release again like P4 was.

Or a worldwide release happens, which I don't think Atlus can actually do at the moment.
?

Shin Megami Tensei IV
JP May 23, 2013
NA July 16, 2013

If the script was locked early enough with an assumption of a quick turnaround of localization, and that seems to be the case here, then why is a two-month turnaround again impossible? The P4As don't take very long and they have massive amounts to translate, but they needed to get that out in English ASAP. It's all about priorities - P4A needed a community of players, Persona Q didn't. I suspect Persona 5 will be out in America this year until told otherwise.

?

Shin Megami Tensei IV
JP May 23, 2013
NA July 16, 2013

If the script was locked early enough with an assumption of a quick turnaround of localization, and that seems to be the case here, then why is a two-month turnaround again impossible? The P4As don't take very long and they have massive amounts to translate, but they needed to get that out in English ASAP. It's all about priorities - P4A needed a community of players, Persona Q didn't. I suspect Persona 5 will be out in America this year until told otherwise.

I didn't think about how much faster they have been in recent years I guess. I forgot that SMT 4 was released that close to be honest.

?

Shin Megami Tensei IV
JP May 23, 2013
NA July 16, 2013

Wow... this actually gives me some hope for the NA localisation... not so much for the UK/EU one though. Worse comes to worse P5 will be my first import game.

Mendax

Now that we have a bigger resolution, I wonder if anyone can translate the banners on this castle:

persona-5_2015_05-01-jixow.jpg

that first banner is defo impossible, that second banner might be possible but to my untrained eye it seems more like gibberish than anything else :p

YoungHav

Banned
I own Persona 3 but never played it. Do I need to play 3 and 4 to play this or are they all insular titles ala Final Fantasy?

I own Persona 3 but never played it. Do I need to play 3 and 4 to play this or are they all insular titles ala Final Fantasy?

They're insular with small cameos or thematic hooks, the spin-offs tie them together more directly, but they're spin-offs, and also kind of dumb.

You don't need to play them in order, but you should still play them, they're amazing.

Mendax

basically same as final fantasy, although they do share a world and tehre are crossovers in persona the stories are not continuations

They're insular with small cameos or thematic hooks, the spin-offs tie them together more directly, but they're spin-offs, and also kind of dumb.

You don't need to play them in order, but you should still play them, they're amazing.

yo P4A isnt dumb, it's story might be as short as 1 chapter in p4 but its better than any individual p4 chapter! The only thing kinda dumb is PQ

Top Bottom