• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 3 |OT| "If in doubt, flat out"

Nabs

Yeah that was a lot of fun. Sorry to those I missed on Steam, my game kept crashing =\ and I had to restart.

1-D_FTW

Nabs said:
Yeah that was a lot of fun. Sorry to those I missed on Steam, my game kept crashing =\ and I had to restart.

You're probably better off just forcing DX9 and not getting used to any DX 11 effects. This way you won't know what you're missing and will still be satisfied with the graphics. Yeah, it takes literally 10 times as long to load in DX9 mode, but what can you do if you're screwed over on their DX 11 issues?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
1-D_FTW said:
You're probably better off just forcing DX9 and not getting used to any DX 11 effects. This way you won't know what you're missing and will still be satisfied with the graphics. Yeah, it takes literally 10 times as long to load in DX9 mode, but what can you do if you're screwed over on their DX 11 issues?
We are patient and we wait for him to get back in. Dirt in DX9 is a lesser experience and we are all about the super hot visuals here.

1-D_FTW

paskowitz said:
For any G25 users what settings are you using for your wheel? I can't seem to find one the feels "right".

G27 here. Took a look at my settings (which I kind of modeled after race departments):

Logitech Profiler is:

321 - That's mine. I like 320 degrees.

Then in Dirt 3 under the advanced controls:

Then under the seperate FF and Rumble controls:

ON
Rumble 0 - Rumble sucks and just makes the wheel sound broken with its clunking. Should have checked settings before, because I would have disabled this on previous Codemaster's racing games.

I'm sure it could be tweaked much better, but it's pretty good.

Coldsnap

Any tips? Played all night tonight and I suck at racing games, but i love em. Casual is too easy but intermediate is too hard, I messed with some assists but I think I just dont have a fundamental understanding of rally racing. With some assists on (I dont want to have the game play for me) what should I be doing around turns? Getting my tail out or going slow.

Truespeed

Had a great time playing with some crazy Brazilians. This is one great racing game and it controls great with a controller. I initially had trouble launching the game - it turned out I needed that stupid Windows Live sign in assistant service running.

Sanjay

How do you guys race on-line? what's the rules? do you just ram people off, cut them off for no reason other then to cause them to crash into the back of your car. I try my best to race like you would in real life but you always get that one guy who thinks he's playing destruction derby.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sanjay said:
How do you guys race on-line? what's the rules? do you just ram people off, cut them off for no reason other then to cause them to crash into the back of your car. I try my best to race like you would in real life but you always get that one guy who thinks he's playing destruction derby.
It's not ramming, it's "over-steering."

Deal with it.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
It's not ramming, it's "over-steering."

Deal with it.

I was referring to when your behind and have the inside lane and is about to overtake the other guy who's first but for some reason they just steer in ahead of your line causing a collusion then cry out omg stop ramming me.

Lima

X-Games Asia Shibuya track pack is out now on Live marketplace for 400 MSP. I have to say I'm surprised it is not 800. Gonna buy it now.

NinjaBoiX

Lima said:
X-Games Asia Shibuya track pack is out now on Live marketplace for 400 MSP. I have to say I'm surprised it is not 800.Gonna buy it now.
The Xbox live team read this forum you know. Don't encourage them!

NinjaBoiX

Salacious Crumb said:
Fuck Ken Block, and fuck the stupid gymkhana events. That is all.
I love the gymkhana events. I hate the obnoxious, patronising voice-overs/tutorials.
"Woah dude, you made it to a race event! Cross the line first to take home the Gold medal!"
Well no shit Sherlock.

NinjaBoiX

Lima said:
I already bought it. Only to find out that I got screwed over. I am disappoint.
Oh shit, the DLC is content from Dirt 2? I assumed you meant they recycled D2 tracks in D3, still shitty but a common practice, but to sell parts of the last game, which devoted fans will have anyway, as extra content really stinks.
I think I'll wait till there is a XBLA DoW for this stuff, there seems to be a load of stuff up there already. I guess the question is, do you feel the disc has enough content as it is? As long as that is the case, I'm cool with day 1 DLC. Preferably new DLC though Codies. For shame.

Lima

Well the pack comes with 2 tracks and 4 routes on these tracks. And if my memory doesn't fail me all of these tracks were in DiRT 2. That is just sad.

DD

Is Bob Kotick working for Codemasters now?

fqpeygnjh.gif

Well, on the brighter side, Dirt 3 sold less than Dirt 2, who sold less than Dirt 1. Doesn't that means something?

I bought all Codemasters racing games of this generation, aways hoping for a deeper experience. Always felt disapointed, except for F1 2010. Grid and Dirt are as deep as a Justin Bieber song. It's all about the looks. There's no depth.

Good to know. I don't buy these DLCs, and will not buy the next Codemasters games. At least not at full price.

blanky

This game can be so frustrating and so awesome, for example the announcers are the worst probably: dude you totally owned that silver medal.. amigo. And gymkhana I just put it on dif. 1 and get it over with. However that DC challenge in the Winter X games 6 times i got within a hundred of a second to Gold medal, as close as 59.002, but then i fucking nailed every corner and just flicked it around and got a nice 58 something. When it goes right like that its really amazing. Which makes me annoyed I cant save any of my replays =/

But I some of the cars sound way too similar, I can't keep most of them apart in terms of sound. I also bought a few of the cars in the Mud pack, and the C4 Rallycross does not show up in selection in Rallycross at all, whats up with that.

jediyoshi

Daniel Dantas said:
Not "reusing". Reselling.

Are you literally implying they copied and pasted files from Dirt 2 into Dirt 3. Holy shit, the video game dream must be crashing from the sky with you.

I feel like I'm playing shareware with all these ads for DLC

If I had paid for the game, I'd be outraged, but it's hard to really make a complaint when you got the game for doing a 3 minute survey.

1-D_FTW

balladofwindfishes said:

If I had paid for the game, I'd be outraged, but it's hard to really make a complaint when you got the game for doing a 3 minute survey.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it definitely has a F2P vibe to it. Between that and the DX 11 issues being what they are, I would have been on a tirade if I'd bought it at release like I was tempted to (and probably would have it they'd priced it at the old price of 39.99).

balladofwindfishes said:

Correct me if I am wrong here but the only time the ads come up is when the game starts. Hardly something I would get outraged over....

Snkfanatic said:
Correct me if I am wrong here but the only time the ads come up is when the game starts. Hardly something I would get outraged over....
I go to select a car and one of them is blanked out saying I need the DLC to use it

That was the same stuff old DOS shareware games used to pull.

1-D_FTW said:
I don't know if I'd go that far, but it definitely has a F2P vibe to it. Between that and the DX 11 issues being what they are, I would have been on a tirade if I'd bought it at release like I was tempted to (and probably would have it they'd priced it at the old price of 39.99).
It's funny

With the DLC ads I don't perceive the game as being worth 50 dollars because it seems like I'm missing content I should have gotten with the game

Had the ads not been there, I would have perceived the game as being worth 50 dollars.

And then the game industry wonders why games fall in price so quickly and players feel like they're paying too much. It's about perceived value, and making your game look like a F2P game when it's 50 dollars is a pretty nice way to cheapen the entire game

Meteorain

Sanjay said:
I was referring to when your behind and have the inside lane and is about to overtake the other guy who's first but for some reason they just steer in ahead of your line causing a collusion then cry out omg stop ramming me.

The other guy has a racing line too, and if he's ahead of you and looks like he's coming over your line, you either back off or expect a crash.

Undertaking isn't good for your health :p

1-D_FTW

Snkfanatic said:

Or when you're picking cars and some are completely blocked out and link you to the MS store to purchase with cash.

Or when you're choosing events in the campaign and DLC events are included and link you to the MS store to purchase. These events also need to be completed if you're OCD and want your Zelda triangles to turn gold.

the ads in this game are timed too, when the game was brand new there was not a single ad about dlc or locked cars, now half my game is black squares and unfinished gold triangles :/

Ulchie

Banned
dc89 said:
Lovely |OT|.

I quite enjoyed Dirt 2 and will no doubt pick this up when the price drops a little. I don't really buy many games anymore.
Oh the price dropped, yes it did... To Free. THANKS AMD! :) I finally got some cheap chinese knockoff Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for my PC and I can now play Dirt with my Xbox controller so I'm working through Dirt 2 now and then Dirt 3 Shortly after

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The most offensive thing about Shibuya is that they didn't even take the good shit from Dirt 2. Or even Dirt 1. I would pay 400 points in a fucking heartbeat for Pikes Peak with appropriate day time and weather settings.

DD

Ulchie said:
Oh the price dropped, yes it did... To Free. THANKS AMD! :) I finally got some cheap chinese knockoff Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for my PC and I can now play Dirt with my Xbox controller so I'm working through Dirt 2 now and then Dirt 3 Shortly after
You'll see how better Dirt 2 was.

It was a almost perfect game, only lacking some more tracks and big championships. Weather and different time would be nice too. But the tracks and the handling are sooo much better then Dirt 3...

balladofwindfishes said:
I go to select a car and one of them is blanked out saying I need the DLC to use it

That was the same stuff old DOS shareware games used to pull.

Ah very true, forgot about that. I guess I am so desensitized to game developers throwing DLC in my face that it didn't bother me that much. Pretty bad actually...

Top Bottom