• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt Rally |OT| Don’t Cut, Be Brave

I am buzzing for this. Been watching it (sounds pervy) since its early release but a mac and console user so can't wait for the console release.

scrcrw

Great OT!

I'm in fairly deep...
puOYhSV.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Same. Easily the best early access investment I've made.

Maybe mine too, the only other early access game that might rank higher for me would be Kerbal Space Program. Both were great games all the way throughout though and the model for how EA games should go.

Oneself

Amazing OT, I'll be there day one on PS4. I hope for a steady 1080p, 60fps, high details.
So Driveclub will finally get a little rest!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Awesome OT, nice job.

Fantastic to see this finally get fully released, though I am a bit disappointed that we only got 1 hillclimb. At least its Pike Peak.

saladine1

Not only is it the best rally game, but also has some of the best audio experiences in a racing game to date!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have they fixed the Pike's Peak cars from feeling uncontrollable on controllers? I couldn't SANIC speed through the hills because I felt like I was gonna spin out for even attempting to turn through the corners at times.

In any case, this title is "Early Access done right!" (TM, Tripwire Entertainment).
Sorry, Tripwire, but Codemasters hit the target of within a year and had regular content updates through that year.
I stopped back in August or so, but I need to get back on the horse. Doing the daily rally events was really good since you could beat the hell out of the car since it wasn't yours/a loaner.

DD

Have they fixed the Pike's Peak cars from feeling uncontrollable on controllers? I couldn't SANIC speed through the hills because I felt like I was gonna spin out for even attempting to turn through the corners at times.

In any case, this title is "Early Access done right!" (TM, Tripwire Entertainment).
Sorry, Tripwire, but Codemasters hit the target of within a year and had regular content updates through that year.
I stopped back in August or so, but I need to get back on the horse. Doing the daily rally events was really good since you could beat the hell out of the car since it wasn't yours/a loaner.

You should stick with the Peugeot 405 instead of the others.

How does the game work with the 360 controller? I had no problem using it with Dirt 3.

Works fine for me.

Totally agree, only rivalled by RaceRoom Racing Experience IMO.

Eeww, I couldn't disagree more. I really dislike RaceRoom. ;P

elfinke

Just about the best $20-$30 (how much was it during greenlight, or whatever pre-release Steam is these days?) I've spent this year, despite only pouring a few hours into it.

With a couple weeks off coming up, I'm thinking I'll set the steering wheel up in the living room, in front of the PJ and play some very large and loud Rally.

Nice OT, too!

Shaneus

So I'm going to be offline with no internet for likely the next week or two at least and it's been a while since I played it... is there much I'm missing out on by not being online (other than daily challenges)? I did jump on briefly before I packed up my PC to get some G27 profiles via Steam workshop, but that's it.

Amazing OT, I'll be there day one on PS4. I hope for a steady 1080p, 60fps, high details.
I can almost guarantee it'll be 60fps and 1080p. The Codies EGO engine (again, slightly modified and updated for this, afaik) is a beast at running on average hardware.

TJP

I can almost guarantee it'll be 60fps and 1080p. The Codies EGO engine (again, slightly modified and updated for this, afaik) is a beast at running on average hardware.
You'd hope it will be a 60fps game on consoles - one car to render with some nice graphical effects from the EGO 3.0 (as used in Grid 2, Autosport and F1 '13 & F1 '14) engine and occasional weather changes.

If CM want to make a few more dollars, get Grid Autosport - with the PC graphics options enabled - ported over to the PS4 and Xbox One ASAP. That too ran on middling PC hardware at 60fps with most of the eye candy turned on.

If CM want to make a few more dollars, get Grid Autosport - with the PC graphics options enabled - ported over to the PS4 and Xbox One ASAP. That too ran on middling PC hardware at 60fps with most of the eye candy turned on.

I would support this.

Zeknurn

Is there a new list of recommended settings for Oculus Rift and have they done any improvements to VR support in the last few months?

Been playing on Steam for awhile now but can't recommend a wheel enough,bought a Logitech G27,first wheel I've bought since Screamer Rally days.Great fun

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
How's the game with a Controller? Does it plays better than Project Cars? I had a hard time with PCars and my Xbox One Controller on PC

DD

How's the game with a Controller? Does it plays better than Project Cars? I had a hard time with PCars and my Xbox One Controller on PC

I play Dirt Rally with an X360 controller without problem. It works pretty well. Some people recommend some slight adjustments, but nothing like spending more than 3 hours to find settings that work like I did with Project Cars.

I have Project Cars on PS4 and the controller default settings is a gigantic piece of shit. Well, the game as a whole is shit, but the default controller settings is unbelievably bad. Like the rest of the game, it feels that they didn't even tested the crap they were making.

Robaperas

You'll have to edit some settings and try until you're comfortable with them, if you feel you have poor control over your car, it will end up in a ditch or hugging a tree.

MadYarpen

How is driving on snow? Often it is like driving on tarmac which is simply white. Do you get impression that there is more than a texture?

DD

How is driving on snow? Often it is like driving on tarmac which is simply white. Do you get impression that there is more than a texture?

It really depends. With tarmac tires (Monaco), it's really slippery. In Sweden, where you use snow tires, it's very grippy, and there's a good reason for that:

16726-web.jpg

Logsi

Not sure how my computer will run this which may lead me to wait for the PS4 version.

Still on an old 2012 computer that's an i7 Quad 3.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, SSD, 680GTX...the kicker is the 2560x1440 res i'll play at...

Watevaman

Not sure how my computer will run this which may lead me to wait for the PS4 version.

Still on an old 2012 computer that's an i7 Quad 3.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, SSD, 680GTX...the kicker is the 2560x1440 res i'll play at...

You would probably run it just fine. My PC (Phenom II X4 955BE, GTX570, 12GB RAM) runs it at 1920x1080 at a 55fps average on the high preset, which is pretty indistinguishable from the ultra preset imo.

MadYarpen

It really depends. With tarmac tires (Monaco), it's really slippery. In Sweden, where you use snow tires, it's very grippy, and there's a good reason for that:

16726-web.jpg

I know how it is in real world :)
In WRC4 i played some time ago, you didn't have any sensation of tyre cutting through the snow, like it was simply a 2D white texture. I know studded tyres are grippy, but the feel you get from the car should be different than on tarmac. Plus, there are snow banks, deeper snow outside driving lines etc... Just wondering if the game gives you that.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Seeing this
Great OT!

I'm in fairly deep...
puOYhSV.png

And all the comparisons to rbr have me insanely excited for this. It's been ages since there has been a good rally game, and double that number since the last good rally sim (rbr). Thank you codies for delivering big time.

drotahorror

You will get 60fps on high preset or even higher @ that resolution.

I have a i5 2500k stock, 8gb, ssd, 7950 and get well over 60fps on high preset @ 1080p. No dips at all, perfect 60fps if vsync'd. On Ultra preset I average over 55fps, Ultra is with 4x MSAA too. The game is incredibly optimized and runs great.

Top Bottom