• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt Rally VR PS4 Released

ManeKast

Dirt Rally VR IS LIVE (dlc purchases confirmed to work now)

Bought the bundle. $69au. Australian PSN Store.

43.31gb.

Full game. VR. Fully loaded: Ford, Mini and Rally Cross dlc packs included.

Special Price until 27/2. Then returns to $99au.

Upgrade to VR is available if you own the game already. Price $12.99 USD, €12.99, £9.99 $19.95aud.

Update:

There is a new patch coming. People that have the VR DLC can't play in VR until they have the update.

Codemasters have said midnight, but not sure which time zone that applies to. (Possibly UK) .

Update 2: Patch is live in NA (cheers atomsk) and UK/AU

1.04 patch

This update includes support for the PlayStation VR expansion, available for download from the PlayStation Store

- Adds support for PlayStation VR in all game modes and menus
- Adds PlayStation VR co-driver mode for Rally

Update # 3. Retail and digital owners unable to buy VR dlc.

I've alerted the DiRT team, they're working with the PS Store team to resolve this.

FYI this isn't limited to retail owners. As a digital owner I'm unable to purchase it also :(

Prophecy777 on whirlpool aus gaming forum called Sony, who said 7pm EST it will be fixed by Codemasters. which we assumed was right now and the DLC for retail and digital owners is still not working. Unless they meant EST in the world sense, we have a problem.

Update 4. FIXED! Enjoy.

FIXED. Shift+F5 the store page and you should be able to buy it now.

skynidas

Banned
The original game is amazing, wonder if the VR implementation is good and if they will also put it into Dirt 4 that is coming out this summer.

ManeKast

Cant find it in UK, will buy as soon as its live

Came out here right at 12:01am when our store usually updates. Been hanging for it, traded it toward my Pro a while back... otherwise I would just need the update.

Anyone confirm the price of the update by itself? Jbhifi have the full game for $39au here. But I needed digital, changing games in VR sucks.

The original game is amazing, wonder if the VR implementation is good and if they will also put it into Dirt 4 that is coming out this summer.

No mention on the box of it being VR compatible sadly.

DiRT-4_PS4.jpg

lem0n

How simmy is this game because I can handle forza but get is to much for me?

It's a very difficult game, especially with a controller. Ive got almost 100 hours on the Steam version but I'm just starting to be able to put down nice times

And I play a LOT of racers, consistently too.

vermadas

If the Oculus version is any indication, you PSVR owners are in for a treat with this one.

Codemasters says they'll be looking at the sales/feedback of Dirt Rally PSVR to determine whether or not they add VR to Dirt 4. For the sake of VR racing fans on all platforms... please buy :)

Edit: Beaten

Thewonandonly

This is much more of a sim than Horizon but if you're into motorsport you'll adjust just fine.
It's a very difficult game, especially with a controller. Ive got almost 100 hours on the Steam version but I'm just starting to be able to put down nice times

And I play a LOT of racers, consistently too.
I once heard on here it described as the Soulsborne of racers, quite accurate actually (describing its difficulty and punishing gameplay).

Well this game is defiantly not for me then as I really only enjoy arcade racers and can handle light sims like in horizon. Anyway you guys enjoy because a racing game in VR sounds to dope, mabye the next need for speed ;)

Nope. $10us I think I heard on twitter. I may be wrong.

Was this a free update to Dirt Rally? So do I just buy this:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dirt-rally/cid=UP4001-CUSA03766_00-DIRTRALLYLABELNA

And it gets patched with a VR version?

So if I already own Dirt Rally on disc for PS4 is this a free update?

Paid for DLC/update which is fair enough really. I believe as mentioned $10/£8

Well this game is defiantly not for me then as I really only enjoy arcade racers and can handle light sims like in horizon. Anyway you guys enjoy because a racing game in VR sounds to dope, mabye the next need for speed ;)

I assume you have DRIVECLUBVR? If not then I suggest you grab it!

iratA

Yeah looks like a paid upgrade, on the plus side it says its a VR upgrade for the WHOLE game, ie every mode, car and track. Sounds pretty sweet.

ManeKast

Yeah looks like a paid upgrade, on the plus side it says its a VR upgrade for the WHOLE game, ie every mode, car and track. Sounds pretty sweet.

Holy shit I did not realise this. Honestly thought it would be like trackmania/driveclub, which are smallish seperate expansions just for VR (both brilliant too).

Now to wait 29 more hrs for my download :-/

Holy shit I did not realise this. Honestly thought it would be like trackmania/driveclub, which are smallish seperate expansions just for VR (both brilliant too).

Now to wait 29 more hrs for my download :-/

Being fair DRIVECLUBVR isn't really a small expansion, yes it's missing the DLC packs, but it's still got a 162 star campaign and full multiplayer functionality (Pretty much what the standard Driveclub shipped with) Along with WW it's probably my biggest VR timesink right now.

ManeKast

Being fair DRIVECLUBVR isn't really a small expansion, yes it's missing the DLC packs, but it's still got a 162 star campaign and full multiplayer functionality (Pretty much what the standard Driveclub shipped with) Along with WW it's probably my biggest VR timesink right now.

Yeah I'm loving it, I just got VR a week ago and haven't sunk enough time in yet to guage length. Pretty overwhelmed atm. Good to hear it's that meaty. Heard WW is amazing too.... VR is amazing.

Yeah I'm loving it, I just got VR a week ago and haven't sunk enough time in yet to guage length. Pretty overwhelmed atm. Good to hear it's that meaty. Heard WW is amazing too.... VR is amazing.

WW is a hard one to tell people about, but it's pretty much 6-8 people sitting around a camp fire for 5 minutes with 50% of players bullshitting their hearts out to get others to believe them. Great game when you meet up with the same group of people and can easily lose a few hours just playing and laughing with each other and that "one more game" aspect.

ManeKast

WW is a hard one to tell people about, but it's pretty much 6-8 people sitting around a camp fire for 5 minutes with 50% of players bullshitting their hearts out to get others to believe them. Great game when you meet up with the same group of people and can easily lose a few hours just playing and laughing with each other and that "one more game" aspect.

My god my wallet and my time... and I'm injured/couch bound for months, dunno how anyone can fit all these games in this quater. Luckily I've played a lot of Dirt Rally on PS4 already or this would tip me over the edge... I'll get WW, sounds cool....

atomsk

Party Pooper
got my PSVR+PS4 Pro+Racing Wheel all ready to go

money in my PSN wallet... just gotta wait till tomorrow.

MGR

PS store tells me the VR upgrade is not available to purchase because I don't own Dirt Rally. I own the disc version and it's installed.

PS store tells me the VR upgrade is not available to purchase because I don't own Dirt Rally. I own the disc version and it's installed.

Usually digital addon upgrade like this only applies to digital version of the game. Unless it is treated as a normal DLC.

Top Bottom