• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued Breakfast Cereals

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

BEHOLD:

urkel-os.jpg

nintendo.jpg

pac-man-cereal.jpg

donkey-kong.jpg

bill-teds-excellent-cereal.jpg

oks.jpg

ghostbusters.jpg

rice-krinkles.jpg

(Holy shit!)

batman-cereal.jpg

(I had that bank!)

fruit-brute-and-yummy-mummy.jpg

banana-frosted-flakes.jpg

(Barf)

ice-cream-cone.jpg

post-oreo-os-2.jpg

(I loved this garbage)

cinnamon-mini-buns.jpg

nerds-cereal.jpg

(Puke)

dunkin-donut-cereal-2.jpg

grins-smiles-giggles-laughs.jpg

(Worst name ever)

puffa-puffa-rice.jpg

pink-panther-flakes.jpg

smurf-cereal.jpg

freakies.jpg

dino-pebbles.jpg

buc-wheats.jpg

t_cereal.jpg

3pos-cereal.jpg

choco-crunch.jpg

vanilly-crunch-2.jpg

punch-crunch.jpg

cinnamon-crunch.jpg

sir-grapefellow.jpg

baron-von-redberry.jpg

crazy-cow.jpg

ojs.jpg

(Vomit)

gremlins.jpg

rainbow-brite.jpg

cocoa-hoots.jpg

crunchy-loggs.jpg

mr-wonderfuls-suprise.jpg

circus-fun.jpg

the-simpsons-cereals.jpg

tmnt-cereal.jpg

gi-joe-action-stars.jpg

spiderman-cereal.jpg

monopoly-cereal.jpg

(y tho)

buzz-blasts.jpg

mud-bugs.jpg

moonstones.jpg

(I love this box art!)

bigg-mixx.jpg

croonchy-stars.jpg

sprinkle-spangles.jpg

hidden-treasures.jpg

pop-tarts-crunch.jpg

smores-crunch.jpg

waffelos.jpg

vanilla-cookie-crisp.jpg

et-cereal.jpg

fruity-marshmallow-krispies.jpg

wackies.jpg

*****s.jpg

nut-n-honey.jpg

morning_funnies.jpg

crispy-critters.jpg

team-flakes.jpg

body-buddies.jpg

triple-snack.jpg

jets.jpg

crunchy-nuggets.jpg

donutz.jpg

corn-crackos-2.jpg

cinnamon-krunchers.jpg

choco-crack.jpg

Do you guys remember eating any of these? Any you wish were still around? Any you remember being vile?

What's missing?

Source: http://grub.gunaxin.com/a-tribute-to-discontinued-cereals/11570

I didn't see it on the list, but I miss Rice Krispie Treat cereal. Even though they are still being made, I consider Berry Berry Kix to be discontinued. The original Berry Berry was so much better than what is made now.

wwm0nkey

Rice Krispie Treat Cereal has been back for awhile now. Just saw it at the store the other day!

Thanks for posting this!!
Might depend where you live, I live in Cincinnati and was always confused when I saw people post the purple rice Krispie cereal boxes in the discontinued list, they never left (and are still the​ best)

MGrant

Choco Crack. I wonder if it lives up to its promises.

Also I can't imagine why Rice Krinkles didn't go over too well.

Cereal Graveyard wiki said:
So-Hi
The original mascot was a rice-loving Chinese boy who was all the rage in the early 1960's. Memorable characteristics of this mascot were his high-pitched Chinese accent and a hat which was actually a little bowl of Rice Krinkles. His name was So-Hi because he was only "so high" off the ground.

They brought back Sprinkle Spangles...kind of. Cap'N Crunch's Sprinkled Donut Crunch is basically the same thing. At least it tastes exactly like I remember Sprinkle Spangles tasting like.

Now if only they'd bring back Hidden Treasures.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Man I loved OJ's. Nostalgia makes them the GOT, but I know there have been better.

Nintendo Cereal System was also awesome.

Not cereal, but these things were so good. The last time I had them was when I was 4 or 5, but they stand out.

22.jpg

Most of that was tie ins for movies and cartoons that are also long gone so they weren't gonna be around for long anyway. Saturday morning cartoons and eating cereal aint a thing anymore either :(

bremon

I miss Pebbles. I remember getting Flintstone spoons that had character's heads and changed colour due to temperature I think?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The ones I miss the most and can remember them so vividly in my taste buds are:

TMNT Cereal
Nintendo Cereal System
Batman Cereal
To a lesser extent Addams Family Cereal

Now, back then pretty much all licensed cereals were made by Ralston. The last three in my list were all literally the same thing, sweetened puffed something or other flavored differently. Batman was more sweet like honey, Nintendo was fruity, and Addams Family was different fruit. They all of course came out at different times as their respective license was popular. Flavored to fit the theme.

TMNT Cereal however was amazing. It wasn't the same shit as the other three. It was more of a sweetened Chex cereal with marshmallows shaped like turtles and weapons. And it was fucking delicious. I would give anything for sweetened Chex with marshmallows these days. It doesn't even have to be TMNT related. I just loved the taste of it.

We had all four bowls. For years I ate out of them. They hung around in the cabinet forever. Then I grew up and one day realized they were gone when I was reminded of the cereal. I asked my mom. She said she sold them at a yard sale or something. I was so sad. I'd love to have kept them on display. I see them from time to time on display in some YouTube personality's videos complete with attached box of cereal.

I also remember Fruity Marshmallow Krispies. They were just Rice Krispies with marshmallows. But for some reason I didn't care for them even as a kid. I guess it just didn't feel right putting marshmallows with Rice Krispies. Putting them with sweetened fake Chex however, perfect.

Dsyndrome

I remember it being slightly different, but it's been nearly 30 years...
Edit: Son of a bitch, it's exactly the same.
Another Edit: HA! You get three more ounces with this package, baby.

Ovid

I vaguely remember Nerds tasting like a mix between Fruity Pebbles and Fruit Loops. I think I liked it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm Scottish and have no idea what that OKs cereal concept is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom