• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued Breakfast Cereals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one that sounded like a great idea, but in practice just turned into an unappetizing mush in milk.

5847337280_b700b36a00_b.jpg

Do they even make Teddy Grahams any more?

I also seem to recall a cereal that tasted like peanut butter but can't remember what it was called.

Do they even make Teddy Grahams any more?

I also seem to recall a cereal that tasted like peanut butter but can't remember what it was called.
Yes, they still make regular Teddie Grahams. I think they are pretty tasty. Not overly sweet and hard to get tired of easily. Not surprised they're still around.

I can almost taste that nasty Batman cereal. That aftertaste.

I wish I could find King Vitamin up here, loved that shit as a kid.

EDIT: Holy shit, never realized it was VitaMAN. Mind blown, Berenstein Bears shit.

Yes, they still make regular Teddie Grahams. I think they are pretty tasty. Not overly sweet and hard to get tired of easily. Not surprised they're still around.

I can almost taste that nasty Batman cereal. That aftertaste.

Ok. Don't really buy those kinds of foods anymore so I wasn't sure

painey

Kelloggs-2012-Team-USA-2.jpg

I bought 2 boxes of these to keep mint, as well as eating one. One box got squished, but one lasted me 4 years. I looked up on ebay if it was worth anything, and you could buy a box for $1. FML.

Teggy

Crazy Cow! Turned the milk into chocolate milk.

I also had that powdered donut cereal. It was weird, not surprised it didn't last.

edit: it was already there.

HotHamBoy

The absolute worst and as a child I never understood why my parents kept buying them for me. And both had insufferable looking mascots:

They still make both of those...

EDIT: HA! I just realized they changed the name from "Sugar Crisp" to "Golden Crisp." "Sugar Smacks" is now "Honey Smacks." All of the old "Sugar" cereals are no-more or rebranded.

I remember when it was "Sugar-Frosted Flakes."

BONUS:

Terrifying Cereal:

sugar%20smack2.jpg

123018764_7398085b3f_o.jpg

758_136_ucp.jpg

"Racism? For Breakfast??"

237747640_c6b56ab43b.jpg

rice_krinkles.jpg

3fc3f2972162156002808a9ccfe98dae.jpg

tumblr_l8xufjNY0g1qzlfum_fullsize.jpg

Desmond

You Americans have a loooooot of cereals haha. It's even impossible to get your famous ones like Lucky Charms or Froot Loops here in Ireland, unless you wanna pay through your teeth (financially, but I guess in other ways if you eat too much lol) if you want a box.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Double Dip Crunch was the best of all time. I've made threads about it.

You Americans have a loooooot of cereals haha. It's even impossible to get your famous ones like Lucky Charms or Froot Loops here in Ireland, unless you wanna pay through your teeth (financially, but I guess in other ways if you eat too much lol) if you want a box.

They sell Lucky Charms in Ireland? WTF.

tumblr_ll0l5zVVHO1qchyu1o1_1280.jpg

Just found out this cereal got discontinued over in the States 5 years ago

That sucks. This stuff is awesome. Best chocolate cereal out there

maxcriden

This reminds me of my favorite snack mascot, the Croc-o-Doodles Croc-o-Dile.

Wise-Croc.jpg

Just look at this soigné fellow. He is getting his Croc-o-groove on.

Review from Taquito.net:

Wise Cheez Croc-o-Doodles

Taste: This bag was filled less than halfway with smallish, remotely crocodile-shaped cheese puffs, each about an inch long but curved. I guess the shape was supposed to be the torso of the crocodile with two legs jutting out on each side, but if not for the crocodile-themed name and illustration on the bag, I would have never have guessed that it was a crocodile shape.

The puffs were crisp and had a good cheese taste, about the same consistency, taste and color as other Wise Cheese Doodles. Wise seems to be the leader in specially shaped cheese puffs, as they have previously treated us to ones shaped like faces, macaroni and the letter O.

Package Quote said:
"Crack a smile, Crocodile! That's right guys — these fun shaped, cheese blasted puffs will have you grinning from ear to ear. Baked with real cheese, these cool little crocs rock!"

Chuckie

You're right! Earth tones and muted colors are much, much healthier.

Often they are because that means no added coloring. But that wasn't what I was talking about.
Take for example those Pokemon cereal. It has the 'regular' cereal and it has what looks like actual candies floating in the cereal..the ones resembling Pokemon.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
One of my absolute (if not actually all time) favorites. Super sweet flakes AND raisins. Bunch of jerks for discontinuing it.

As a lifelong cereal addict, this thread is amazing.

r

Not a childhood memory, but this is a discontinued cereal from the last few years that I miss. Putting the strawberries in the cereal so I didn't have to was a genius move.

I also miss Cocoa-Krispies. That hasn't been discontinued, but I had to stop eating it because it discontinued my ability to poop. I went on a big binge eating it every morning and got the worst constipation of my life.

ColdPizza

Banned
My parents were such dicks about getting us the Nintendo Cereal...they bought it and wrapped it up as a Christmas present. My 9 year old self thought that was lame.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This is an amazing OP. I thought I had a few you missed but nope, as I scrolled down, you got em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom