• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued Breakfast Cereals

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanmisha

hidden-treasures.jpg

I love you, OP. I have been trying to remember what these were for years. Even asked in a recent thread. This is them. Holy shit, this is them. This cereal was god-tier

btw that cinnamon bun cereal was disgusting. They were so dry and thin and abrasive. bleh

Apt101

Some of those I thought were still around. I never buy cereal.

But damn them racist-ass Rice Krinkles. Jesus.

louiedog

I remember eating a lot of Crispy Critters. Not that box art with the lion mascot though.

Also, don't search crispy critters on GIS.

Trying to think of this particular cereal that was shaped in stars I think with sprinkles on it. EDIT: Nevermind, posted in the OP, it's called Sprinkle Spangles

Also, it was a real trip seeing that Hidden Treasures cereal. Used to love those.

And before somebody posts "Waffle Crisp", they still make it. They sell it where I live in NY in Best Yet/Market.

I've noticed a lot of licensed cereals in the last few years, especially Disney/Marvel/DC ones. They're just made to capitalize on movie releases and then that's it.

I miss the Oreo ones and the Timon and Pumba cereal tho ;-;

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I've had more than half of these.

Quonny

Hidden Treasures was so good. Tasted good and the texture difference in the ones that were filled and not filled really was unique compared to other cereals.

Tagyhag

The old art is super good. I wish we could return to that.

I miss Mud & Bugs and Oreo O's...

Hah, those are the only ones that I've had from that list as well.

Oreo O's weren't that good to be honest, didn't taste like the cookies at all.

Mud & Bugs was great though.

And yeah, old art kicks ass

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
How the hell did so many of you enjoy Oreo-os? I remember my dad and me looking at each other with regret as we tried to consume that nasty shit.

EYEL1NER

I didn't see it on the list, but I miss Rice Krispie Treat cereal.
I was surprised as hell when I wound up stuck in South Carolina in 2008 and found Rice Krispie Treat Cereal at the local grocery stores. I've bought it several times since and don't mind it too much, but it isn't the same as it was in the 90's. The old Rice Krispie Treat Cereal was pretty much Rice Krispie Treats smashed up into little chunks. The new formula/recipe is a lot less sugary and sweet, and is more like regular Rice Krispies stuck together in clumps. Very disappointing.

That Vanilla Crunch cereal in the OP though? Damn, I would do unspeakable things to be able to go back in time and try that. The most recent vanilla cereal I've tried was the Vanilla Life and it was amazing.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Not gonna lie, I wanna try banana frosted flakes.

They only sell it in Korea

51n9gjxcYIL.jpg

My bad, you got it

When I was in Korea back in 2015, I looked all over for this and couldn't find it. And then I found out that it was pulled from shelves earlier that year because it was contaminated or something and it made people sick. Not sure if it's back on shelves since then.

Ok, this thread is awesome, and maybe someone can help me remember something amazing i had when i was a kid:

It had to be late 90's/early 2000s, but it was a Post "Make Your Own Cereal" kit, basically, but the box had a factory theme to it. You got 4 smaller packages of Honey Combs, Alpha-Bits, Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles, and then 4 "mixers" like Marshmallows and stuff.

Does anyone else but me remember this, and can they tell me what the hell the name of it was?!

A lot of these bring back memories. I remember feeding Pac-Man cereal to squirrels on a camping trip, getting really excited for the Ghostbusters and Nintendo cereals and reading the Morning Funnies box in the store because I was a comics fiend but my mom never actually buying it. The only one I remember actually tasting good was Nerds cereal, though. The GOAT of gimmick cereals.

Here's one I think we missed.

Kaboomsadness.jpg

Discontinued in 2010. I had a little friend who called it "my people" because of the happy faces.

ZBR

I remember eating a Pokémon cereal that had a Pichu on the front. I deduced after a couple times of eating that cereal, that it would turn my poop green.

Jetman

They actually sell Fruity Yummy Mummy and Fruit Brute in Target around Halloween. And pretty sure I've seen Ore-o's in store recently too.

Am I the only one who ate and liked Croonchy Stars?

Also as already stated, some of those were promotional only so were only on the shelves for a short while purposefully (i.e. Batman, Ghostbusters, TMNT etc)

P.S. Fuck you OP for making me feel old :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom