• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: DE (PS4/XBO) - In the days that follow, your trials will be great

Watching the stream and this really does just look like a resolution bump and nothing else, a quick and dirty port job.

No thanks.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah, sincerely doubt 30fps is due to the CPU's of the consoles, and more to do with the effort of the initial port. Hopefully there are some updates.

So much of the crap here just comes across like typical pc master race bullshit, an excuse to show off that their toaster of a pc can run it better than current gen consoles or even worse case that somehow Bethesda are ripping off customers even though no one is forced to actually buy the game and could wait 1 day to see what initial reviews say. But why do that when you can throw a fit online.
Get out of here with that nonsense. 'master race bullshit'. My god. Guess people like you really can't handle the concept of other people holding devs to higher standards than you do. This isn't about PC gaming at all, although it explains why I see so many idiots with vendettas against PC gaming expressing that shit in other threads. Anything that makes them feel at all threatened about their own standards is 'pc master race bullshit'.
It's not unreasonable to have expected 60fps for this game, and all PC mentions so far were made to illustrate that yes, this game runs well on weak hardware, and therefore the expectation that PS4 and Xbox One would or should run it better is not erroneous. You've twisted that shit into an opportunity to whine about the PC gaming community and I'm calling you out on it because that shit is straight up dumb as hell.

So the consensus is "not worth it"? I already have the game + all DLC for the XBOX360.

No, Dishonored is still an excellent game and provided this shit runs at a solid 30fps it's still a great option. It's totally worth it if you haven't already played the game, or if you played it last-gen and want to experience the game at higher settings, basically. It's not worth it if you're satisfied with your experience on last-gen hardware or you own capable PC hardware that you're satisfied with playing the game on.

So the consensus is "not worth it"? I already have the game + all DLC for the XBOX360.

this seems like not worth your time-having all DLC and slightly better visuals than 360/ps3 seems to be selling point- it a far stretch from the PC version thats for sure

edit:I am still excited as I only played base game on 360-

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
this seems like not worth your time-having all DLC and slightly better visuals than 360/ps3 seems to be selling point- it a far stretch from the PC version thats for sure

edit:I am still excited as I only played base game on 360-

I haven't even played the game past the first real level
the one after the prison escape
. I am still hyped.

CaptNink

No, Dishonored is still an excellent game and provided this shit runs at a solid 30fps it's still a great option. It's totally worth it if you haven't already played the game, or if you played it last-gen and want to experience the game at higher settings, basically. It's not worth it if you're satisfied with your experience on last-gen hardware or you own capable PC hardware that you're satisfied with playing the game on.

Yeah, I haven't played it yet. I got the "GOTY edition" when it came out but never took the shrink-wrap off. I really want to play it because of all the good things I've heard about it.

Hollow

I'll stick to my GotY edition on the PS3. It doesn't look like they've upgraded anything visually from the stream.

Orca

Get out of here with that nonsense. 'master race bullshit'. My god. Guess people like you really can't handle the concept of other people holding devs to higher standards than you do. This isn't about PC gaming at all, although it explains why I see so many idiots with vendettas against PC gaming expressing that shit in other threads. Anything that makes them feel at all threatened about their own standards is 'pc master race bullshit'.
It's not unreasonable to have expected 60fps for this game, and all PC mentions so far were made to illustrate that yes, this game runs well on weak hardware, and therefore the expectation that PS4 and Xbox One would or should run it better is not erroneous. You've twisted that shit into an opportunity to whine about the PC gaming community and I'm calling you out on it because that shit is straight up dumb as hell.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would get that feeling. No, wait...

Really?! A 6 year old AMD processor can do 60 FPS! These consoles are seriously underpowered.

You're letting your love of the game color your perception of what others finds value in. People complaining about frame rate have every single right to complain especially in regards to original platform and the performance of the new platforms. Keep your hatred of PC gaming out of this.

This will easily be the best version on consoles to play, but it could and should be better. It's an amazing game that I've put 70 hours in on the PC. I want to see the franchise continue to grow. But you don't get to tell people what they should find value in.
Thats funny since i havent even played the game ;)

All my point is that while there is room for improvement (There always is of course) it will like you said still be the best console version available and for me thats good enough, especially since it only cost £15 since i already had the PS+ version. The way some people are acting is if Bethesda have taken the money out of their account when no one is forced to buy the game.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would get that feeling. No, wait...

Yeah, fair enough. Time-Lord Dirtyshubb used his amazing powers to look six hours ahead into the future, and found one bad post that somehow justifies his own generalization toward the rest of the thread...

mike4001_

Any news on the Xbox One version ?

Wanted to buy this version.

But if it´s really locked at 30 fps then 1080/30 shouldn´t be a problem should it?

-NeoTB1-

I played this game on 360 (no dlc) and really enjoyed it. I don't know that I'd want to play it again, but for those who are new you are in for a great experience. One of my GOTY contenders the year it came out.

Futurematic

Well at least we know why the Arkane heads looked so embarrassed at the E3 conference, with their one line mention of it and hangdog expressions.
I played this game on 360 (no dlc) and really enjoyed it. I don't know that I'd want to play it again, but for those who are new you are in for a great experience. One of my GOTY contenders the year it came out.
DLC is better then the main game, and shockingly lengthy to boot. Highly recommended.

spectator

Any news on the Xbox One version ?

Wanted to buy this version.

But if it´s really locked at 30 fps then 1080/30 shouldn´t be a problem should it?

If it's 30fps on PS4, it's for lack of optimization and if it's not optimized on PS4, I would expect it to also be not optimized on Xbox One. Therefor, I would not take any particular Xbox One spec for granted.

So it's a minimal effort remaster. I guess the price reflects that, so it's not all bad.

At least it was apparently done in house and not farmed out to the likes of High Voltage.

Gryph

I look forward to buying this so I can play Dishonored again.

However, it does seem like the "Definitive Edition" was a bit of a misnomer. Bethesda said "complete with enhanced graphics that take full advantage of the powerful hardware of this generation" on their website and that doesn't seem to be true...

Price is 49.99 !

MSRP is 39.99 in the US...

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
How is anyone able to garner anything from a shitty Twitch stream? Every single Twitch Stream I've seen has been sub-HD QUALITY, even with a decent connection. Is it good place to measure image quality or frame rate? It might be, but I was never aware of it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Eh...From that video even the assets seem last gen quality, not PC...

Texture quality on the PC isn't anything to write home about, either, but the visual style makes up for that (for the most part).

crabman

GPU is most definitely not the reason why it would be locked at 30 fps.

Anyone care to try the game on a low IPC CPU? If anything I imagine the game is brutally single threaded and they just did not care to spend the time making it more multithreaded so it could hit 60.

Yeah, AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz it'a faster than Kabini @1.6 GHz
cSX164L.png

-NeoTB1-

DLC is better then the main game, and shockingly lengthy to boot. Highly recommended.

I've heard good things. It's hard for me to go back to a game once I've already beaten it, so that's probably why I never bothered with the DLC the first time around. I guess I can look at it this way - thanks to my PS+ membership, I can play the game again if I get the urge and this time experience all the new DLC for $20.

Pretty good deal.

Top Bottom