• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: DE (PS4/XBO) - In the days that follow, your trials will be great

kevin1025

Banned
Mudron's stream is a good impression so far, it does look 30 (to me), but the visuals are pretty close to what I remember the PC version looking like (though it's medium quality in the stream so maybe not?). I think it looks pretty good though!

Lrrr

Here it is. I'll play without mic so you don't have to put up with my editorializing: http://www.twitch.tv/mudron

LMAO!!! Love the stream title!
"Mudron playing Dishonored: Disappointing Edition"

Dishonored was one of my favorite games last gen. Normally, I'm no 60fps elitist, but I really wanted it for this title. Terrible this "definitive edition" was given the shaft. I didn't expect a remake ala the Gears:UE, but I thought everything would be improved from textures to load times and it seems nothing was. What a shame.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Wait so the textures, framerate, loading times etc are all the same as the last gen version?

That can't be right...

So it's literally the same exact game with a boost from 720 to 1080p?

What a shame.

Sticking to the PC version for this one, 60fps at 5K. Would've totally double dipped in PS4 had they given this any care or thought at all.

Wait so the textures, framerate, loading times etc are all the same as the last gen version?
Whaaaaaaaaaaa

like, WHAT? Are you telling me that this remaster is just the 360 version, up-rezzed?

I need someone to confirm or deny this for me. That shit is straight up fucking bizarro world type shit if true. Even the biggest cynic's expectations probably weren't that low.

This has to be FUD. I refuse to believe that shit.

That can't be right...

So it's literally the same exact game with a boost from 720 to 1080p?

What a shame.

Sticking to the PC version for this one, 60fps at 5K. Would've totally double dipped in PS4 had they given this any care or thought at all.

Yea, pretty much my feelings exactly. Minus the 5K part. I usually don't mind 30fps, but after having played this at 60 I don't think I could go back.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa

like, WHAT? Are you telling me that this remaster is just the 360 version, up-rezzed?

I need someone to confirm or deny this for me. That shit is straight up fucking bizarro world type shit if true. Even the biggest cynic's expectations probably weren't that low.

This has to be FUD. I refuse to believe that shit.

Well we would need experts to confirm as it'd be difficult to go by memory if it's entirely the same, but if there is a chance of an upgrade it's textures.

The file size is five times that of the PS3 version. That's got to be higher resolution textures.

Could be audio, you never know

As Solid Samus posted it comes with DLC so that makes sense

Still the fact they didn't even attempt to optimize it to 60 fps and smaller loading times, tells you the effort they put into this. Sounds like a quick cash grab, and I ain't supporting it.

It really isn't going to be 60fps? Doesn't seem like a very demanding last gen game. Unfortunate cause I would have double dipped if it had been 60

Dominator

Gonna pick this up at $20 or less, I can see it dropping fairly quickly. Definitely want to play it again though and I never got through the DLC.

Crisium

It's so easy to use insane anti aliasing levels on this game and still get 60fps on the PC version - even with weaker GPUs than in the PS4. Haha, what a shit port.

I'm not too miffed, I wanted to replay this game anyway and I got the $20 upgrade. It does seem like a serious missed opportunity though.

We have exclusive images of the developing team that ported the game.

Rv8KdIU.gif

Flandy

lolwow what a mess. Was tempted to get it when I saw the upgrade price but I decided against it.

How is the DLC anyway? Picked it up during the Summer Sale along w/ the DLC. I played the PS3 version back when it released but I only ever played it once

lolwow what a mess. Was tempted to get it when I saw the upgrade price but I decided against it.

How is the DLC anyway? Picked it up during the Summer Sale along w/ the DLC. I played the PS3 version back when it released but I only ever played it once

the story DLC consists of two parts, the first one is alright but the second one is great.

This is insulting. Please don't support this unless it drops down in price ridiculously.
but i don't have any other games to play this week!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Maybe it will get patched to improve the load times like Saints Row IV....

oh wait. Still crashes and still has shitty framerates.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
yup, it's still the best sorta-kinda-stealth game of last gen by a fair margin

shits on Blacklist and any given Assassin's Creed from mountainous heights

While the initial reports suggest its only 1080p/30fps, its art style doesnt really show much difference between lower and higher textures.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So....i'm guessing i should just keep my Dishonored GOTY 360 edition and just wait for Dishonored 2 instead of getting the DE edition?

Sotha_Sil

Its worth the $40 if you have never played it before and dont have a capable PC.

Easily.

Just taking into consideration the quality of the game, it will be one of the best games your PS4 or X1 can play. I'd only put Bloodborne and Witcher 3 above it.... and that's my opinion without having played the DLC for Dishonored, which is supposedly even better than the vanilla game.

The lack of significant upgrades makes it seem like BethSoft was targeting just the small audience of those who never played Dishonored but would like to try it on their new consoles. If that was the goal, it's not surprising it didn't get much more effort put into it. I suppose there is also the satisfaction of getting the entire series on one console.... they might try a triple pack if they get a third game out this generation.

Really is a shame that such a high quality game didn't get the treatment it deserved for the remastering. Of all the last gen games, I wanted remastered Deus Ex: HR and Dishonored the most. Won't get the first, the second was just a quick give and go.

webkatt

This is going to be a shitstorm isn't it? It's like they purposely hid that this was a cash grab.

Is it too late to cancel my PSN pre-order?

Top Bottom