• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Go to bed, Princesses.

The main thread's open for post-lynching affectations.

Also, beheadings are very unDisney, y'all

Never trust a spider

I'm sorry, Dusk. I didn't think you were scum, if it helps you feel better in your new old life. Keep your chin up and whistle while you work!

*orders water, doesn't leave a tip*

Sorian

Banned
I promised a new star at day end:

latest

I found this one funniest, it has no deeper meaning

r5jviDe.gif

Dawn rises. Another beautiful morning, ushered in by cleaning birds and singing animals, joyfully announcing the arrival of another magical day ahead.

All the Princesses traverse down the grand staircase towards the main receiving hall of the Palace, each having put the utmost efforts at appearing effortlessly attractive, when they are all suddenly arrested at the grisly sight that awaited them at breakfast.

A perfectly still head of a fellow Princess had been removed from its shoulders in the previous night and is now on display upon the tiered small cakes’ stand, as its crowning jewel. By its side, a strange character with a purple hat is pouring tea from the belly of a spoutless teapot and an unhinged oversized rabbit is talking incessantly about what is the undisputed superior FPS rate.

“Nonsense! You know nothing!”

“No! YOU!”

At this impasse, both of these unsavoury characters turned to the beheaded Princess and asked her head for her opinions, in all earnestness, “What do YOU think, Alice?”

But alas, Alice’s off with her head, it seems.

i1YPfQa.gif
MSavXjN.gif
S1XPLYO.gif

22 Princesses are present on this second day.

Flatearthpandas has been removed from the Kingdom.

Hullo!

A white rabbit? Yes, I saw a rabbit. It was a while ago. Or maybe tomorrow? Who are you again?

Welcome back to the Magical Kingdom, Princess! You have been missed! In your absence, a few things had gone a little awry. Yes, a little. But, there is still time to un-awrify things. A little time.

You are Alice, of Wonderland! You have yet traveled again into far away places. Familiarly unfamiliar places. You think you’ve been here before. But, have you? It does not matter, sense and adventures oft do not go hand in hand together. Regardless, the cat seems familiar to you. Once in the course of the game you will be able to ask this wayward creature to proclaim who you really are publicly, with the command: “Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?” Post this command in the thread and this cat will reply with “Why not, dear Alice! Most of everyone’s Mad here!”

You are aligned with Good.

Every Day phase, you are able to Vote to nominate someone’s head to be chopped off! Hooray! Very Royalty!

You win when all aligned with Evil have been vanquished.

Any questions? Ask a weird cat, who may answer, often even during tea time, which is served in the afternoon every day at the palace’s garden. No pants required.

The Game can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1182174

Good luck, Princess!

-

Character Portrait: http://i.imgur.com/i1YPfQa.gif

Day 2 Begins.

MgQNPWF.gif

The Palace’s Guest List:
01. [m] Freakinchair - New
02. [f] euphemism
03. [-] weemadarthur - New
04. [m] flatearthpandas
05. [m] GreatCharleston
06. [m] Zatoth
07. [m] gryvan
08. [m] Unmasked Ferret
09. [m] AbsolutBro
10. [m] Dusk Soldier
11. [m] Enker
12. [m] Christina Mackenzie
13. [m] Septimus Prime
14. [m] Royal_Flush
15. [m] Fireblend
16. [f] StackpoleH
17. [m] TheExodu5
18. [m] Mazre
19. [m] Terrabyte20xx
20. [m] Darryl
21. [m] Trigger
22. [m] Lone_Prodigy
23. [-] Seath
24. [m] ultron87

12 to reach majority

Night 2 descends in:
cya_1456520400.png

I promised a new star at day end:

latest

I found this one funniest, it has no deeper meaning

Yay! Thank you!

I especially love the pathetic outline. That lack of effort look, that's beautiful. Perfect.

I will wish upon this star for my dreams to come true.

....wait. Um. Dreams, yes. Nightmares, no.

....wait. Can I append that to my wish? Did you give me a monkey paw wishing star?! I hate Sorian!

*yawns and stretches* Morning sunshines! Most..sunshines.
Um, wait a minute. How are our alleged lovers not the dead ones?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Yay! Thank you!

I especially love the pathetic outline. That lack of effort look, that's beautiful. Perfect.

....wait. Can I append that to my wish? Did you give me a monkey paw wishing star?! I hate Sorian!

I can only assume the doctor, whoever they may be, chose correctly.

Sorian

Banned
Yay! Thank you!

I appreciate that you waited out the whole night phase without posting to thank me. For that, you get one regular wish. The rest are still under monkey paw rules though.

ultron87

Seems possible they didn't target you for fear of getting caught in the act on the most obvious targets. It's not like they're in a rush to take you out. And now we get to play the fun, "what if they aren't lovers at all..." game!

Hi everyone! Very excited to be in this game! I'm on mobile now but do have some thoughts on yesterday's events-- will post in a few hours when I get home.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh man, that's a shitty loss. Can't blame pandas for not using his action on Day 1, but it's a shame that's going to waste.

If I was scum, I'd rather target a player I know nothing about, in the off-chance that I hit a juicier target than the lovers, specially when I know who they are already and can choose to kill them anytime.
If that's the strategy scum went with tonight, it worked out pretty well for them. The lovers don't have any action or property (as far as we know) that actually threatens scum, so they can let them live for a while. Plus, players will start to question why they're still alive and if their claims were legitimate, throwing us off the trail for a while. Plus tracking roles may have had their eyes on the lovers and scum may have wanted to avoid that.

Oh and welcome StackpoleH!

tea biscuits? really?

Where I come from, tea is served with crumpets, scones, and cakes. Goodness. Next you'll be telling me you add sugar to your tea...

I will totally swing by and join you for tea when I'm next in Blighty, Miss Jane! I'm glad you are off where you already have a true love.

Ok, we have two cards. The lawyers managed not to get THEIR Innocent Child killed. Of course, they lost, arguably, a much worse role. *tries to stay calm*

From the ordinary princess card, we can see that everyone has a Disney character name. So names aren't necessarily relevant. I mean, Jane could have had an ability to roleblock called Animal Tamer or something, it's not like it's indicative of whether someone has a power role. And Alice is a power role without being one of the top 8 princesses that normally get batched together in ads.

I wonder if the evil team has princess names too. I mean, this wasn't billed as a Disney flavor game, but specifically Disney Princess. I mean, they could be Mary Poppins and Tinkerbell.

ultron87

I'd definitely like to hear what Great Charleston thinks of how yesterday ended, since he wasn't around.

I'd also like to hear some expansion on why Royal_Flush, TheExodu5 and Fireblend specifically called out being anti voting for Seath yesterday. What have they done that makes you think they are more valuable in the game than Dusk? Is it just the vague hinting about having some other objective?

Fireblend

Banned
I'd definitely like to hear what Great Charleston thinks of how yesterday ended, since he wasn't around.

I'd also like to hear some expansion on why Royal_Flush, TheExodu5 and Fireblend specifically called out being anti voting for Seath yesterday. What have they done that makes you think they are more valuable in the game than Dusk? Is it just the vague hinting about having some other objective?

Well yeah, basically. I felt like Seath was teasing something and I wanted to know what that was. Either he follows through, or he falls flat and either way we get something to discuss.

Honestly I'd rather have decapitations. That is a downer, man.
You wished on that monkey paw star or something. The soldier got to live on, and you got the little girl's head literally served on a platter.

If nothing else, I'm suspicious of Royal_Flush, since his pressure is what pushed us to role claim so early.
I don't see it. Royal Flush pressured me. I pressured you. So did trigger and flatearthpandas.

And I'm about to pressure you again. Watch this.
I can only assume the doctor, whoever they may be, chose correctly.
You shouldn't respond to bait this obvious, but I'm not complaining.

*bangs the drums for own drumroll*

Why do you think you needed a doctors protection when we have a dead princess? Do you know something about multiple killers that the rest of us don't?

Trigger

Seath's posts were really, really fluffy. It doesn't feel like our resident sloth was actually interested in hunting scum or contributing much. An explanation of their previous posts would help, but even more helpful would be some of their real insight to the game.

I don't see it. Royal Flush pressured me. I pressured you. So did trigger and flatearthpandas.

And I'm about to pressure you again. Watch this.
There's really no more way to apply pressure to me anymore. All my cards are on the table. I am Anna, and I have a Lovers role with Terra, who is Elsa. I have no additional abilities.

TheExodu5

Banned

I didn't want to bring it to anyone's attention during day 1, but Seath posted something about "daydreaming" and "love's first kiss", so I assumed he may have been Sleeping Beauty and gave the breadcrumb to prince charming to wake her up.

I'm going to assume that it either happened last night, or Seath was throwing breadcrumbs for an eventual fake role-claim.

I didn't want to bring it to anyone's attention during day 1, but Seath posted something about "daydreaming" and "love's first kiss", so I assumed he may have been Sleeping Beauty and gave the breadcrumb to prince charming to wake her up.

I'm going to assume that it either happened last night, or Seath was throwing breadcrumbs for an eventual fake role-claim.
Daydreaming and love's first kiss seem to be more of a Giselle thing, I think. I does sound like breadcrumbing either way, though.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Why do you think you needed a doctors protection when we have a dead princess? Do you know something about multiple killers that the rest of us don't?

We knew that full and well when we role claimed. But I think there will be a surprise tomorrow night as well.

Sept, Do you want to kill a snowman?

*Tonight, not tomorrow.

I am officially 0-2 now.

Joy...

Do I?

TheExodu5

Banned
Accept Terra and Sept as lovers. There's no reason to question it at this point. Scum left them alive so that they can be a distraction...and there's really no rush for them to kill them at this point.

In the case that they are scum...it doesn't matter. I think that's far too risky of a gambit for so little gain early on...but they're on our watch-list and they can't get away with anything too scummy.

Scum:
Weemadarthur: everything was scum
Terrabyte: low content posts bitching about no good discussion, drive-by votes without explanation and not inviting discussion
GreatCharleston: same type of hypocritical bitching about the thread except with a net contribution of less than nothing to town. Only useful thing he's said is that he'll be gone for night phase and it won't matter.

Town:
Darryl: proactively and regularly calling out unhelpful behavior
Ferret: similar to Daryl
Ultron: can't put my finger on why leaning town, but no red flags

His posts on a whole were relatively well thought-out and not just filler.

I think he was killed more for his contributions than his suspicions.

Enker

So Alice had a “Don’t lynch me, I’m town! Kill me after my role is revealed instead!” power? Neat. I agree, Pandas was killed for being productive and Scum was smart to avoid our Frosty Sisters. At least we have two “confirmed” townies to work with now, and presumably some unrevealed power roles with more than that. We could be a lot worse off on D2.

It is time for our good friend GC to grace the hall with his beautiful spirit. Should he not appear before I log off for the night, a vote shall be placed upon his head.

My dear Anna and Elsa. After your yesterday's roleclaim I was fairly sure you could kill someone with a snowman role. Apparently that is not the case. If you killed flatearthpanda please say so. Keeping it vague (that's all what it is. If scum didn't kill flatearthpanda, they know you did; it's not a secret with all your hinting) only hurts investigative town PRs imo. It would have been different if you just kept quiet with the "kill a snowman" stuff but now it's out there anyway.

As for why I "defended" Seath yesterday: I played with him before and watched another game with him. I couldn't see a big difference between his playstyle in those games (he was town there) and yesterday. That doesn't mean he isn't scum, but I felt it was better to check someone who normally plays more active. Seath also hinted extremely obviously at some kind of yet-to-be activated power, so maybe we even have someone to confirm him (if you are that person: Don't claim until it's necessary)

So Alice had a “Don’t lynch me, I’m town! Kill me after my role is revealed instead!” power? Neat. I agree, Pandas was killed for being productive and Scum was smart to avoid our Frosty Sisters. At least we have two “confirmed” townies to work with now, and presumably some unrevealed power roles with more than that. We could be a lot worse off on D2.

It is time for our good friend GC to grace the hall with his beautiful spirit. Should he not appear before I log off for the night, a vote shall be placed upon his head.
Too bad she got iced in the middle of the night, but if there are multiple killing roles, I'm sure there's a doctor around somewhere.

With less than an hour to go on D1, the vote count reads Seath 4, Darryl 3, Terra 3, and GC 2.

With only one vote on Dusk Soldier, gryvan and Exodu5 immediately go after him. Is it because Terra claimed lover and they were following his lead?

Looking at all of terrabyte's dugged up post on Dusk Soldier, I am in agreement with him that literally majority of those posts were very fluff and not based on this game and doesn't help town. So

UNVOTE

VOTE: Dusk Soldier

I agree I don't think voting seath is a good idea because she might have something useful in the long run REGARDLESS of RPing

Vote: Dusk Soldier

I rather Dusk get lynched over Seath.

After another post, Fireblend votes for Dusk and then suddenly we've got a 4-4 tie with Seath.

The votes swung very fast. It seems like a bandwagon against any of the non-lovers could've taken off, especially with scum urging it along.

Less Terra-Sept discussion, and more about the votes.

TheExodu5

Banned
I voted on Dusk because it was the only swing I could see going through. My main concern was taking Seath off the chopping block. I didn't think dusk was a terrible target either, but it was definitely too last minute and didn't give him a chance to defend himself.

gryvan

For me, I wanted to vote off GreatCharleston because he hasn't voted and has been as active in thread. But because nobody will agree with me, I was gonna go through the entire thread to see if I can find any other suspects. I then saw terra's post about most of dusk's quotes being completely unhelpful to town and just using fluff, fluff, and more fluff.

So I picked him due to him maybe useless to town in the long run.

Also I'm still waiting on a response from GreatCharleston btw

gryvan

For me, I wanted to vote off GreatCharleston because he hasn't voted and has been as inactive in thread. But because nobody will agree with me, I was gonna go through the entire thread to see if I can find any other suspects. I then saw terra's post about most of dusk's quotes being completely unhelpful to town and just using fluff, fluff, and more fluff.

So I picked him due to him maybe useless to town in the long run.

Also I'm still waiting on a response from GreatCharleston btw

typo fixed

So, I've now read through the whole thread and am up to date!

My first impression is that Day One started slowly. It seemed to me like people were anxious to have some-- anything-- happen to start discussion. This could have prompted other posters to be more aggressive or to make bigger guesses than they normally would. This is just a general observation, not directed at any particular player.

It seemed like the leading lynch candidate switched around very rabidly in the last half day or so. This kind of activity makes me worry that mafia is taking advantage of the confusion to influence the vote, especially since not everyone is present due to time zones.

Players I formed particular impressions of:

Freakinchair:
Several people have commented that Freakenchair is likely not mafia because he plays like a naive new player. I am less convinced by this, mostly because I myself was a newbie mafia in my last game and I leaned heavily on my newbie status to coast under the radar for a while. That said, nothing in particular makes me suspicious of Freakenchair right now.

Weemadarthur:
I've disagreed with the reasoning in almost every post that weemadarthur has made. I believe that he jumps to conclusions with little evidence and is a little too keen with his accusations. However, I'm really hesitant to say that this disagreement makes me suspicious of him. Based on my readings of past games, I think players can sometimes be a little too rigid about saying that those who don't play in the "best" way for town are mafia, rather than simply players with a different style. I don't want to make that mistake myself now.

Unmasked Ferret:
Unmasked Ferret did a lot to get people talking substantively at the start of Day 1. I don't think mafia would do that.

Septimus Prime and Terrabyte:
I want to know what this extra power is that they're hinting at, and I would like them to say it plainly. I don't understand the purpose of cryptic hints, as mafia is just as likely to be able to decipher them as town. Their vouching for each other makes me think they're not mafia, even if their actual role is not what they said, since mafia would not take the risk to openly connect each other so early. But if they did kill flatearthpandas-- why??

Royal Flush:
I've found his posts pretty insightful so far. He seemed to get pretty frustrated towards the end of the day, though this does not really point in either direction. Right now I would tentatively say that he is town.

Lone_Prodigy:
I didn't really get the fuss about him making and then removing a vote. To me it seemed like something people were talking about just to have something to talk about.

Seath:
They're hinting at something, and I can only hope that whoever it is has picked up on it if such a thing is good for the town. As it is, Seath's posts aren't easy for me to interpret as a bystander.

As for myself, I will try to check in regularly, but can't often post from work-- I don't have the kind of job where I'm in front of the computer a lot. I can usually check the thread from mobile during the day. Hanging around for at least the next few hours now, to see if there are any shocking developments!

The purple cat yawns, stretching out indolently and discovers that a note has been percolating under its tongue for some time now. It coughs it out elegantly, cackling, before it unfurls its claws to read the note.

"Oh, look. A message for you all from the beyond!"

Flatearthpandas' message:

Postulation: They are trying to make themselves as unappealing to try and kill as possible. Which makes perfect sense.

Could you please explain the sense?

Being able to night kill is usually associated with mafia and serial killers. Plus, if they are claiming to have killed Panda, they took out a town power role.

Best case scenario:
Town vigilante and lover. They have poor judgment and are likely to keep killing valuable town members who provide discussion and analysis. Might be good for town if they let someone else pick their targets. Claiming the role instead of throwing ANYONE ELSE under the bus is the worst Town move I think I've ever seen, worse than claiming cop or doctor on day 1. Bad players with power proven to backfire? And that's with two heads thinking about their moves. Only maybe good for town, or very very bad.

Middle road:
Neutral vigilante and lover. Who knows what their win conditions might be? But it remains that the only dead player from night kill is a town power role. Should they be let loose with killing power? Most likely continues to be bad for town.

Worst case scenario:
Mafia or serial killer. Mafia just includes killing, no extra night killer necessary. So in this case one of the lovers at least is mafia. Or serial killer, who wants us all dead. Bad for town.

Yesterday I wasn't convinced Terra was mafia because he hadn't really posted anything. But after this event, I'm convinced Town will be better off without him.

Top Bottom