• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

Beth Cyra

brandonh83 said:
No Hope or Snow wouldn't put a damper on anyone's day.

I actually like Snow. But if they do the Grey area characters then Fang is the choice given her role in XIII, not to mention the fact she seems to have come as popular as the Lightning and Snow if not more so.

The only one that seems to have passed them all is Vanille, and I would rage if they put her stupid ass in.

Someone with a grip on reality at Square Enix really needs to give these guys a fucking shake when it comes to names. I wonder if they realize how hard it is to try to sell something called 358 DIVIDED BY TWO DAYS and WITH REGARDS TO CHAIN OF MEMORIES and FINAL FANTASY VERSUS THIRTEEN and DISSIDIA DUODECIM TWELVE FINAL FANTASY in countries where motherfuckers speak English?

TruePrime said:
I actually like Snow. But if they do the Grey area characters then Fang is the choice given her role in XIII, not to mention the fact she seems to have come as popular as the Lightning and Snow if not more so.

FFXIII had a very interesting cast to me. I love half of them but hate the other half. I really liked Lightning, Fang, and Sazh, but despised Hope, Snow, and Vanille. Vanille would have been okay if her voice actress used normal human vocal chords instead of that of a gerbil getting fucked by an ox.

StuBurns

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Someone with a grip on reality at Square Enix really needs to give these guys a fucking shake when it comes to names. I wonder if they realize how hard it is to try to sell something called 358 DIVIDED BY TWO DAYS and WITH REGARDS TO CHAIN OF MEMORIES and FINAL FANTASY VERSUS THIRTEEN and DISSIDIA DUODECIM TWELVE FINAL FANTASY in countries where motherfuckers speak English?
I wonder how many people will think FFVersusXIII is a fighting game? Their choice of names runs from stupid to moronic.

Bebpo

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

:lol

Beth Cyra

brandonh83 said:
FFXIII had a very interesting cast to me. I love half of them but hate the other half. I really liked Lightning, Fang, and Sazh, but despised Hope, Snow, and Vanille. Vanille would have been okay if her voice actress used normal human vocal chords instead of that of a gerbil getting fucked by an ox.

Well we agree on the Vanille hate, and the Sazh love. Still though I really think that it would be either Fang or Snow, and as I said if the morally grey area stuff that people seem to want was actually true, it would be Fang.

rataven

SOLDIER said:
I noticed no one mentioned Tifa in their requests.

It's because you're all certain she'll be in it, and therefore we won't have to hope for it right?

Right.
Tifa seems the most obvious. I don't really even question that she'll be in. Hopefully Faris too, though that may be wishful thinking.

Segata Sanshiro said:
It appeals to the exact fanbase they want it to: people who don't care about the name, but like cool sounding words.

TruePrime said:
Well we agree on the Vanille hate, and the Sazh love. Still though I really think that it would be either Fang or Snow, and as I said if the morally grey area stuff that people seem to want was actually true, it would be Fang.

I'd much rather have Fang over Snow, not only was she a better character but her character design itself is much more pleasing on the eyes. And not just because she's hot.

Beth Cyra

rataven said:
Tifa seems the most obvious. I don't really even question that she'll be in. Hopefully Faris too, though that may be wishful thinking.

Why think this? If we are thinking of only VII for this game then maybe.

But given we don't know if they will put that restriction on themselves it throws Tifa into question heavily.

As it stands Zack has had a huge popularity boost since Crisis Core and could very easily make it in. In fact if Siefer makes it in then I do think we will see Zack as they are willing to put two people that have similar arms in the game.

That and Vincent has always been popular, and he to know has his own game and villian and could easily take up the Seven slot.

As it stands Tifa only really stands a chance so long as they don't take in the Comp into account other wise she drops out of head running really fast.

Takao

Banned
I'd say Zack will probably be in this. Use his inclusion as an excuse to release Crisis Core on PSN.

Pureauthor said:
...What for?

HD rez brothuh.

I was honestly expecting "lolol why not 3DS?" before PS3, but hey.

Segata Sanshiro said:
What would you call it? Something like Dissidia 2? Cause that's just crazy talk.

StuBurns said:
I wonder how many people will think FFVersusXIII is a fighting game? Their choice of names runs from stupid to moronic.

That's actually what I thought it was when I first heard the title, before reading up on it. :lol

Beth Cyra

Takao said:
I'd say Zack will probably be in this. Use his inclusion as an excuse to release Crisis Core on PSN.

HD rez brothuh.

I was honestly expecting "lolol why not 3DS?" before PS3, but hey.

Don't know about that getting Crisis Core on to PSN, but I do hope it would cause them to shift Cloud from his Seven outfit and weapon to his Advent Children outfit and Weapon.

TruePrime said:
Don't know about that getting Crisis Core on to PSN, but I do hope it would cause them to shift Cloud from his Seven outfit and weapon to his Advent Children outfit and Weapon.

AC outfit is already in Dissidia 1 as an alternate constume.

TheJollyCorner said:
let's also not forget Final Fantasy IV: The After :lol

Imagine living in Kentucky and calling Wal-Mart to ask if they have these games :lol

Hi do you have Final Fantasy Find the Slope of (5,3) and (-5,2) in stock?

Pureauthor said:
AC outfit is already in Dissidia 1 as an alternate constume.
I really hope that they give some of the other characters better alternate costumes for the new game. Cloud, Sephiroth, and Squall were pretty much the only ones with unique costume changes while everyone else got a recolored outfit.

Beth Cyra

blizzardjesus said:
It's asinine that this game concept/series is not on PS3/360. Especially considering how big fighting games are at the moment.

Not really, multiplayer in JPN is still huge on the handhelds when it comes to Ad Hoc, just look at things like Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest IX and you can see that.

Not to mention it did well on PSP, and the sequel more then likely will as well.

brandonh83 said:
Imagine living in Kentucky and calling Wal-Mart to ask if they have these games :lol

Hi do you have Final Fantasy Find the Slope of (5,3) and (-5,2) in stock?

"Son.... you got a panty on your head..."

Beth Cyra

GoldandBlue said:
I really hope that they give some of the other characters better alternate costumes for the new game. Cloud, Sephiroth, and Squall were pretty much the only ones with unique costume changes while everyone else got a recolored outfit.

OK had some changes that brought him closer to his Luneth Counter part and don't forget that Firion had some pretty nice changes as well.

TruePrime said:
OK had some changes that brought him closer to his Luneth Counter part and don't forget that Firion had some pretty nice changes as well.
Oh yeah. The heroes side was actually okay, Zidane getting the worst with just a recolor that was a slightly darker blue outfit. Besides Sephiroth, the villains all had recolors. Ultimecia could have at least gotten an outfit that made her appear as Edea.

Ugh, the first one was fun for a few hours but became pretty repetitive and boring really quickly. I also did not care for the characterization given to some of the characters. Far too much brooding, even for the lighthearted guys like Bartz.

Expectations low for this one. It doesn't help that they picked Kain over Tellah.

Shinjitsu

Banned
DMPrince said:
Dissidia is on PSN store. why wouldn't this be on there?

Crisis Core still isn't up, Kingdom Hearts isn't going up. And the list of titles that aren't by Square that still aren't available is pretty sizable.

Support for the Go isn't going to get stronger.=/

Beth Cyra

GoldandBlue said:
Oh yeah. The heroes side was actually okay, Zidane getting the worst with just a recolor that was a slightly darker blue outfit. Besides Sephiroth, the villains all had recolors. Ultimecia could have at least gotten an outfit that made her appear as Edea.

True, but when you think about it all they really did was drop his coat so it was him shirtless.

Still I would like to see the Villians get something.

But when you look at it most of the people that got stuff where those that didn't get anything accept a weapon change in Ex. Cloud, Squall, and Firion just kinda glowed, while people like Zidane, Ulty, Jecht all got brand new forms in Ex.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Duodecim, I don't even. Will keep a curious eye on this one, I was loving the first game when I started but it cooled down really fast on me.

duckroll

Shinjitsu said:
Crisis Core still isn't up, Kingdom Hearts isn't going up. And the list of titles that aren't by Square that still aren't available is pretty sizable.

Support for the Go isn't going to get stronger.=/

Crisis Core is an old game with no new re-release yet. Everything else Square Enix is releasing is day and date on PSN now. KH is a Disney game.

fernoca

Yeah..I think that they are just throwing words to see what sticks as a name. I even wonder if they can actually pronounce those names in english. .

trejo

Someday they're gonna come up with a title so impossibly ridiculous it'll become awesome.

Today is not that day.

Platy

Far from hating Kain, but i want then to focus on main chars for spin offs ! Ramza, Sora, Chocobo and stuffs like that !

Bebpo

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Why sir I would call it Final Fantasy Jumbo Papaya 288x-3y=?? Forever The Excelsior 9/3 Rabbits: The Heart Fights.

Or you just go by the modern US naming system for sequels

DissidIIa

fernoca said:
Yeah..I think that they are just throwing words to see what sticks as a name. I even wonder if they can actually pronounce those names in english. .

Pronouncing is the easy part.

Doing it without sounding stupid is another story.

Bebpo said:
Or you just go by the modern US naming system for sequels

DissidIIa: Redemption: Rising: Returns
Fixed.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Segata Sanshiro said:
Why sir I would call it Final Fantasy Jumbo Papaya 288x-3y=?? Forever The Excelsior 9/3 Rabbits: The Heart Fights.
:lol :lol Oh man, if you take out the papaya and rabbits this is actually a doable title for SE.

Luigiv

Duodecim? *google search* Okay then... Why Duodecim exactly? I don't remember there being Dissidia Duo to Undecim. It's the Xbox 360 all over again.

Top Bottom