• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero 2 is here! - trailer+pics

omg rite said:
Can't wait. The first was one of the most surprisingly great games last year.

Yeah, you go dude! You show Activision by punishing talented game developers. You refuse to be a cog in the corporate machine! Fight the power, man!

:lol:lol:lol

Unfortunately activision is a necessary evil, if you like a game support the dev's. Don't take it out on them because you hate their publisher.

Dynamic3

Blueblur1 said:
Still waiting for DJ Hero to hit the $30 range so no DJ Hero 2 for me! Fun game though. Just way too expensive.

Why is it that the people who wait for price drops always miss the sales? I got the game for $20 brand new a few months ago. There's a whole gaggle of angry gaffers who are saying they will refuse to buy a Go unless Sony announces a price drop at E3, yet it's been on sale at Dell for $169 multiple times.

kaskade

Day one. The whole freestyle thing looks really cool. I also like the fact that they balanced out the genres of music. I liked more of the dance music in the original but felt there wasn't enough.

I want that Puma bag.

Day one, the changes and additions have me pumped! Freestyle crossfade and scratch, plus party mode, just awesome.

edit: just watched the IGN interview, and I am so thrilled that they leveled the music between hiphop and everything else. More dance and electronica, yes please!

2 things:

1) Does this mean any chance of decent new music tracks for number 1 are shot?

2) Will only pick this up if the House selection is much much greater.

Nowhere NEAR enough House in the first one.

Judging from the free DLC (Lady Gaga vs. Deadmau5), I hope Deadmau5 makes an appearance. If his character+costume is in DJ Hero 2 + some of his tracks --> day 2

StevePharma said:
Judging from the free DLC (Lady Gaga vs. Deadmau5), I hope Deadmau5 makes an appearance. If his character+costume is in DJ Hero 2 + some of his tracks --> day 2

He's ingame in the trailer, so he is confirmed. His music will also be there.

So wait- two turn tables? For multiplayer or single player?

Also not crazy about having singing in it, just don't see the point.

Other than that I'm just happy to be getting a DJ Hero 2.

No two turntables.
Snagged from the trailer: :D

10eopzc.jpg

If they were the press release would mention it. From a business POV you'll get to sell the solus 1st disc to a new market. That's more profitable.

pubba

The first one is on sale here in Australia at $65 USD at a bunch of places. I'll go and pick it up now that I know there is a sequel in the works :D

The 'Renegade' edition is $127 USD - is it worth getting that one instead?

Ronabo said:
The trailer link has been removed.
Here you go kind sir

http://www.giantbomb.com/dj-hero-2-turntables-a-microphone/17-2624/

So I was reading a preview about the game, here I thought the freestyle stuff might be its own song creation mode or something cool and crazy like that. It sounds more like it's just going to be only in parts of the song though, whether its automatic or initiated by some kind of star power I don't know.

Freestyle opportunities are now available to scratch, crossfade, and trigger samples how you like. At certain points in a song you'll be able to hold down a turntable button and move the platter back and forth on your own, creating a personalized scratch performance rather than trigger pre-recorded scratches. During these sections you can also crossfade back and forth at will, isolating each record as you please. This time around, the samples have been pulled from the songs in the game, rather than random soundbites – although we are told that familiar air horn is still included.

IrishNinja

freestyle options sound cool, wiki only had this to say on track list:

Dr Dre, Chemical Brothers, Kanye West, Metallica, Lady Gaga, and Rihanna

i dig people wanting more House, but 1 had me piqued over its hip-hop choices, was hoping for more of that.

also, Shadow's back, but didnt RZA do motion-capture for activision recently? really need confirmation of him to get hyped about this.
oh yeah, and a turntable. what's the cheapest you can find renegade edition for?

This is a game I think would benefit from character customization. I'd say the majority of the stock characters in DJH1 were pretty horrendous.

DJ AM was my boy though, may he rest in peace. =\ In unrelated news it was weird seeing him in Iron Man 2.

Top Bottom