• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DK3713 - Square Enix Private Show 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

esbern

just to remind everyone.

shiva_finalfantasyx.jpg
equals.jpg
Motorcycle.jpg

esbern said:
just to remind everyone.

don't blame S-E for your lack of imagination.

i can already see pounds of crow being consumed when that turns out to work really well- both in a gameplay sense & on a narrative level.

evilone said:
FF13 this December in japan.

evilone said:
Mark my words. FF13 this December in japan. Playable demo this year at TGS(which I am going too :D ) and playable demo for japan right before release.

evilone said:
This game will not have a WW release due to localization issues. It will hit japan first then NA/ EU the following year but within the fiscal.

evilone said:
Yes but within the fiscal. It all depends on how well and fast they can localize the game for PAL/ NA regions. The game can easily slip into the new fiscal year for NA/ PAl just due to localization alone.

evilone said:
It could but the impact of the game will not be as huge. The game must hit japan this xmas to keep the current interest in japan. This is the reason why SE will own this TGS.

evilone said:
Yes you are :D. TGS will be about FF!3.

evilone said:
You know I cant state how I know this but at the same time its common sense guys. The longer this game takes the less appeal. MGS4 is now out and it was announced around the same time as FF13. Do you think they just pulled engineers and prod from FF versus for no reason???:lol :lol . This is now the time to create playable builds for TGS that will be highly polished and provide above standard user experience. Sorry I talk industry slang a lot :lol :lol :lol

evilone said:
I wish. With MGS4 complete users will begin to question as to why either FF13 project is not out yet. We get this all the time here and when I use to work at Sony. I guess you have to understand how the industry works to get what I am trying to say...Oh well I have to get back to RB. Later guys

evilone said:
I was right about more then just xmb and trophies for 2.4 = ) I wont be wrong about TGS. :D

You seem pretty certain and confident about the information you are giving, and Square used to publish EA games back in the days in Japan and vice versa......hmmmmm

If you are wrong, well duckroll already announced you'll be sacrificed in order to please the Gods.

HK-47 said:
Even if they have it done they wont release it this december. It wouldnt be good business with DQ IX coming

Or maybe DQIX will not be released this year because Level 5 is behind on DQIX since they are rather small and are working on 4 projects now and the majority of the staff is working on WKC.

disappeared said:
i thought we were friends.

you've changed, man. You've changed.
i'm just saying, we already have a martyr

so you thought mgs4 was a flop too, huh? i hear ya. it's like everyone else is taking imagination pills around here...

Barakov

evilone......:lol

I hope you're right. Simply for the bitter tears, the crow eating and the joy J-Gaf and importers from around the world. You better hope that 1.3% becomes 93.3% by TGS.

Takuan

DMPrince said:
It's coming. between March-May 2009. World wide [May or may not include europe :lol]. But I'm taking an IP ban on that.
I'd bet a magical hamster they don't hit that target.

TheJollyCorner said:

i can already see pounds of crow being consumed when that turns out to work really well- both in a gameplay sense & on a narrative level.

You know what? I bet that Shiva does not turn into the motorcycle....but the motorcycle turns into Shiva!

Mind blown!

It's coming. between March-May 2009. World wide [May or may not include europe ]. But I'm taking an IP ban on that.

5nn4u8.gif

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AranhaHunter said:
Or maybe DQIX will not be released this year because Level 5 is behind on DQIX since they are rather small and are working on 4 projects now and the majority of the staff is working on WKC.

Do you have statements that back this up?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
disappeared said:
Welcome to last year. And I'm fairly sure you won't be riding a Shiva crotch rocket around the entire world map.

Then I will be severely disappointed

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Takuan said:
I'd bet a magical hamster they don't hit that target.

I want a magical hamster... FFXIII will come when it comes and I hope unlike FFXII I can get into it and enjoy it since I love the series... but from this thread all I have learned is I really REALLY want a magical hamster

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lsslave said:
I want a magical hamster... FFXIII will come when it comes and I hope unlike FFXII I can get into it and enjoy it since I love the series... but from this thread all I have learned is I really REALLY want a magical hamster

I hear magical hamsters ride Hindu deities all over the world map

Sin

I can see duckroll taking down names for ban bets and sticking the list on his fridge with a banstick magnet.

I'm not hopeful about an FFXIII release for this year but that would be a dream come true. I hope evilone is right, he has been before, and I'm sure he wouldn't stir the pot like this if he didn't know something... ;)

HK-47 said:
Do you have statements that back this up?

No, I should've specified that that's a theory of mine.

I think Sony might've realized that sales prior to this week are pathetic in Japan and that they need RPGs there ASAP. Level 5 has a good reputation and makes AAA quality RPGs, Sony might've wrote them a check and told them to hurry that shit up and get it out this fall, they then might've wrote SE another check and told them to hurry it up and get FFXIII out by Dec 08/Q1 09.

Of course I'm probably wrong.

trejo

I look forward to joining the angry mob that will lynch evilone come October. Who's bringing the marshmallows? We can roast them in the burning pyre.

I want to believe :(

HK-47 said:
I hear magical hamsters ride Hindu deities all over the world map

I need scissors, 61?

Shinz Kicker said:
this more monumental than anything SE could ever announce.
Well it was technically announced at E305 (or was it 06?), with no screens, a trailer, nothing since.

Either way, now I'm REALLY excited.

FF hitting Japan this year is good news as well, should it prove true.

Defuser

Barakov said:
evilone......:lol

I hope you're right. Simply for the bitter tears, the crow eating and the joy J-Gaf and importers from around the world. You better hope that 1.3% becomes 93.3% by TGS.
Actually it's 13.3%

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can't imagine Dark Cloud 3 is under development. They're just wrapping up development on Inazuma Eleven now and in the mean time they're working on Layton 3, Dragon Quest IX, and White Knight Chronicles... and they've only got 150 employees counting administrative staff and businesspeople.

Dascu

Stumpokapow said:
I can't imagine Dark Cloud 3 is under development. They're just wrapping up development on Inazuma Eleven now and in the mean time they're working on Layton 3, Dragon Quest IX, and White Knight Chronicles... and they've only got 150 employees counting administrative staff and businesspeople.
And the hinted Inazuma Eleven console version.

near

Gold Member
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=155677

Eurogamer said:
"Reports that development for Final Fantasy Versus XIII is on hold are false," the publisher said in a statement passed on to Eurogamer. "The truth of the situation is that when free, some staff from the Versus team have been helping with the XIII team on development of Final Fantasy XIII. Development for both titles is continuing as originally scheduled."

So its not on hold then!? This should raise one or two questions then, no?

robor

TheJollyCorner said:

*Wada fake account*

KZObsessed

Well Nomura didn't actually say the whole game was on hold, just that the planners and programmers were helping out with FFXIII. That part of development of Versus would have to go on hold, but he mentioned that the artists are still at work on Versus.

I think people mis-interpreted what he said to mean that no development of Versus was currently going ahead, and that's what SE are responding to.

So FF13, which hasn't had a single piece of real in-game footage shown anywhere yet, which S-E higher-ups have held off on giving any indication will be coming within this fiscal year (even though that's the sort of thing investors want to know about), is going to be released this winter in Japan, rather than held back past the Jan-Mar quarter so that it can get a worldwide release after S-E has specifically said that they want all their high-profile games to see worldwide releases from this point forward?

I gotta say, I don't believe this news. We should have a good idea whether it's true well before TGS, though: there's no way the game will stay on the current level of information (essentially nothing), get blown out at TGS, and release six weeks later, so if it's really coming this year we should start to see some pretty major information start to turn up very soon.

Fady K

Guys, why bother with betting if you dont get nothing if you win? Sure, mods will take your bet because what do they lose? NOTHING. Dont bother betting when you can only lose and win nothing.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
One thing I will never understand about SE are those closed theaters. Are they afraid about their product so far that they won't put the trailers on the Internet. 'Cmon, I'm terribly curious about FFXIII... and I never played a FF game before.

Rpgmonkey

According to 1up there won't be a new trailer at E3 (if I interpreted what he said correctly anyway).

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168304

Dissidia is due for release in Japan before the end of the year, but right now it's only part of must be an extremely packed schedule for Nomura these days. The producer is currently directly involved with no less than eight titles across the PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS and cell-phone platforms -- and while we'll get a chance to see many of them at E3 next month, Japanese gamers won't get their turn until DKS3713, a small private event taking place in Tokyo on the weekend of August 2. "There will be a lot announced," Nomura said. "Since I'm heavily involved in fewer projects now, I won't be announcing anything related to the Japan market at E3. What I announce there will be dealing with the overseas market, so there won't be any new video at that event, either."

No idea if "not new" means something we've seen before, or something that was technically already shown but not to the majority of the public.

As for info, I think DKΣ3713 is the start of when they start putting out more info on FFXIII. I think Famitsu and all that are going to start getting new bits of info to share with people around then, and then TGS is when they have a nice big FFXIII blowout.

But that's just a guess and wishful thinking, so I'm not taking any account bets here. :lol

batbeg

Why? Just... why? ;.; If they're holding an event at E3 don't they want to show something worthwhile?

Yay for year of FFXIII ;.;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom