• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DK3713 - Square Enix Private Show 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
batbeg said:
Why? Just... why? ;.; If they're holding an event at E3 don't they want to show something worthwhile?

Yay for year of FFXIII ;.;
Its needs to be the year of DQ IX first

Snaku

Banned
Attention Square Enix.

*clears throat*

Fuck your closed theater. If you don't want to show something publicly, then don't show anything.

Thank you.

Aeana said:
You guys are making me sad.
Frankly I'd love for them both to come out within months of each other. Everyone's just got their panties in a bunch over what Wada said about releasing them in different financial years.

But when push comes to shove, give me my FF because I want a new one really badly and because the PS3 needs JRPGs and because HD gaming needs to get jump started in Japan.

Teknoman

BlazingDarkness said:
DQ can gtfo
i wantz my shiva bike already :(

2lvoh78.jpg

No u. Both are needed.

Its gonna get frustrating if Square Enix comes to E3 and decides to show another short pre rendered video that is mostly stuff we have already seen. I would rather they just stay home. Unless the end of the video has a release date.

Opus Angelorum said:
Well something along the lines of Coming 2009 is a given, I assume you want specifics though.

I will honestly take anything at this point. Im just sick of the cloud of secrecy. Coming 2009 would be somewhat ok. Coming Spring 2009 would be better. Coming March 2009 would be even better.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I expect to see something pre-rendered speaking of a 2009 release date at E3, but beyond that I'm expecting real footage at TGS. If nothing is at TGS...then well...shit.

Zoe

Diablos said:
Why not both?

SE hinted that they don't want to release both in the same fiscal year. It would throw their financials out of balance.

Not that that was set in stone though. Who knows, they might decide that Versus + whatever else is in the pipeline could make up for both FFXIII and DQIX.

lupin23rd

Guys, it's pretty much a given that since MGS4 has been released, FFXIII is ramping up big-time. After all the staff was forced to play through MGS4, Square-Enix now knows how long they need to make their cutscenes to stay on top :lol

Troidal said:
Why mention Kingdom Hearts twice? It's probably The 3rd Birthday or some other 3rd game in the series. Chrono Cross, believe? or Tobal 3? Bushido Blade 3? Imaginations are endless!

The rest sounds plausible.

Zuh?

YES!!! I love Bushido Blade.

lunlunqq

Snaku said:
Attention Square Enix.

*clears throat*

Fuck your closed theater. If you don't want to show something publicly, then don't show anything.

Thank you.

co-fuck...

DP SE and their fucking closed threater...

TheChaos

I'm actually the most interested in seeing the 3rd Birthday out of all the games.

Sure, it breaks my heart to see the platform it's on just as much as the rest of you guys, but the whole PE universe is still really cool to this day, and it makes me wonder what they will do.

lupin23rd said:
Guys, it's pretty much a given that since MGS4 has been released, FFXIII is ramping up big-time. After all the staff was forced to play through MGS4, Square-Enix now knows how long they need to make their cutscenes to stay on top :lol

FFXIII is going to fucking pWn MGS4 on a cinematic level.

I SHALL MAKE A 2 MONTH BAN ON IT, LADS!
irish.gif

Tideas

Banned
lupin23rd said:

you haven't even seen the intro :D lol

Dragon Quest... aka how to take the same game and milk money for 20+ years.

Congrats, Horii. You've baited millions upon millions of suckers. Only through Level 5 can you build some kind of creative legitimacy.

... yeah... where in the SHIT did all these DQ fans come from?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GoldandBlue said:
God I really hope if anything they give us some info at e3 for it.

My inner frustration on this issue cannot be expressed in a single post.
redface1.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Do we have to do this stupid FF vs. DQ bullshit in every thread? This thread has a BIG OLE GATE on the door that says, "THIS IS A NOMURA EVENT. GET YO' ASS OUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT."

wah wah wah babies.

sphinx

the piano man
Opus Angelorum said:
If it's a no show at TGS, you can forget about an 09 release.

this must be fucking impossible.. the first real FF of the generation 4 GODDAMNED YEARS into the generation at the earliest?

What sort of cruel joke is that? when will we get FF14?? 2016???

Y2Kev said:
Do we have to do this stupid FF vs. DQ bullshit in every thread? This thread has a BIG OLE GATE on the door that says, "THIS IS A NOMURA EVENT. GET YO' ASS OUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT."

wah wah wah babies.

DQ fans are like Obama supporters...

completely lost and trying to find substance. :D

sphinx said:
this must be fucking impossible.. the first real FF of the generation 4 GODDAMNED YEARS into the generation at the earliest?

What sort of cruel joke is that? when will we get FF14?? 2016???

FFXIV is the next online game, so.... 2010. :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheJollyCorner said:
Dragon Quest... aka how to take the same game and milk money for 20+ years.

Congrats, Horii. You've baited millions upon millions of suckers. Only through Level 5 can you build some kind of creative legitimacy.

... yeah... where in the SHIT did all these DQ fans come from?

Bitter bitter. If you actually played DQ you'd know this not to be true.

Plus DQ has taken more risks with different narrative structures then FF ever has.

Cant all be enlightened though

AmMortal

Banned
Late to the thread, but why don't they just- workout a worldwide release?

I mean, you saw what it did for Metal Gear Solid 4.

WorldWide is always the way to go. I don't know, why it's so hard for square Enix one of the top developers to work this out ( I mean FFXII release date for Europe was ridiculous ).

They need to prioritize, worldwide. Forget this Japan first crapfest. (No hate on JP ).

Oh, and for the record, it's mostly SCEE's fault, they want things in 10 different languages, while all of us gamers in Europe are Bi-tri-lingual including mainly ENGLISH speakers.

David Reeves can go to HELL

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheJollyCorner said:
don't encourage me...

Amir0x has been waiting to drop the ban-hammer on me for months. :D

ninja.gif
He's cool, but wry does he have to like Obama? :'( He's not too bad though, like Hillary-bad. <3

Anyways, since they changed engines, I've been looking forward to DQ9 a lot less. </3

HK-47 said:
Bitter bitter. If you actually played DQ you'd know this not to be true.

Plus DQ has taken more risks with different narrative structures then FF ever has.

Cant all be enlightened though

I would honestly love for you to educate me on this.

I've had a few scotch drinks tonight... but yes... please help me with this. :lol

Pretty sure Wada said Square Enix is planning on shifting its strategy to global simultaneous releases. Whether that applies to large-scale projects like FFXIII remains to be seen.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheJollyCorner said:
I would honestly love for you to educate me on this.

I've had a few scotch drinks tonight... but yes... please help me with this. :lol

I honestly could but it wouldnt be worth my time. You wouldnt except it either way.

Not to mention I'm lazy as hell.

I also must make it clear I think Chrono crushes both, you know, for extra controversy and all that. Sad we wont be getting another one of those though

Mamesj

Banned
really sucks that S-E has gone the route of fucking NIBRIS when it comes to their games. I find it hard to be excited about any of this stuff.

HK-47 said:
I honestly could but it wouldnt be worth my time. You wouldnt except it either way.

Not to mention I'm lazy as hell.

I also must make it clear I think Chrono crushes both, you know, for extra controversy and all that. Sad we wont be getting another one of those though

I would except it.... I'm not being a smartass. I legitimately want to know the reasoning behind your statement, since I personally consider FF to have done some amazing narrative strides since 1994... hell... even going back to 1991 (FFIV) if we wanna get deep in this. :D

I really want to know what DQ has done other than the usual grind-fest bullshit phone-in jobs before Level 5 jumped in.

duckroll

I'm not really approving the direction this thread is going. :(

Oh and please cut down on the ban bets guys, it's getting really silly in here.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheJollyCorner said:
I would except it.... I'm not being a smartass. I legitimately want to know the reasoning behind your statement, since I personally consider FF to have done some amazing narrative strides since 1994... hell... even going back to 1991 (FFIV) if we wanna get deep in this. :D

I really want to know what DQ has done other than the usual grind-fest bullshit phone-in jobs before Level 5 jumped in.
Honestly, have you played any of the DQs outside of VIII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom