• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

I would be happy it isn't DmC2, but the fact this is getting a release on PS4/XBO worries me that we will get DmC2.

Never mind, DMC5 was always a fever dream...

EDIT: DMC4 TOO? Okay, now I'm just confused.

Mrbob

So these are the PC versions of DMC games I already own?

There seem to be a couple extras. Hopefully I can upgrade the PC version but I don't even see it listed.

So this is what was rumored by "expect something something DMC & DD" tweets, right? Dragon's Dogma Definite Edition next?
Please?

Jamix012

I wonder if there's a list of ports from 7th to 8th gen? I'd be curious to see. Not just to comment on the state of the industry, but I might actually want to buy some games I missed out on.

DmC and DMC4? Woah, so I guess whichever Dante sells best is the real Dante going forward?

They already know.

I am glad they are doing both. It'd be nice if Capcom made sequels to both series and diverge them even more.

Day one on that DMC4. Didn't see any upgrades for that though.

V_Arnold

"New to DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, players will be able to play as Dante's twin brother himself in Vergil's Bloody Palace Mode. For an extra depth of challenge, players will be able to try out the added Gods Must Die and Must Style Mode as well as Hardcore Mode, which has been designed to play more like the classic Devil May Cry series. "

YES! YES! TELL ME MORE!

I'm saying these two new releases are just ports from the PC versions.

Except they are not. Read the above.

Loudninja

Here are just some of the awesome new features of DmC: Definitive Edition:
  • 60 fps and 1080p resolution — It looks and feels super smooth to play.
  • Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.
  • Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.
  • New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
  • Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
  • Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
  • Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
  • Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
  • Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
  • Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
  • Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
  • Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
  • New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...n-coming-to-ps4-on-march-17th-2015/#sf6345428

kewlmyc

So take the PC version and put it on consoles. We're going to be seeing a lot of these in the upcoming year.

Cool for console only gamers.

Skii

If anyone buys DMC over Devil May Cry 4, you are one sick person and you are singlehandedly ruining the Devil May Cry franchise.

Top Bottom