• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

Hasney

Never played it. Any good GAF?

I bought it for PC for £12 a week after release and still felt ripped off by the colour coded gameplay and all round dumb story. That's with a locked 60 fps too, none of this "feel of 60fps" on console versions.

So no.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The best Devil May Cry. Pretty exciting. Hope this indicates that they're at work on DmC 2.

tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif

Dabanton

Enjoyed the demo for the PS360 but was way too busy work wise to get the retail version. If this is priced decently I'll definitely be interested in picking it up.

V_Arnold

If anyone buys DMC over Devil May Cry 4, you are one sick person and you are singlehandedly ruining the Devil May Cry franchise.

I support DMC whenever I can, and I will buy DmC over this. Thanks for proclaiming me sick, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Problem is, I am not a pro. I have no intention of ever seeing DMC4's castle level, but I have a few more DmC playthroughs in it thanks to its phenomenal traversal and level variety. Especially with the new gamemodes and Vergil Bloody Palace coming.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looking forward to seeing these both at 1080p
a
r
ity

Applebite

Is it just me or is the DMC4 announcement kinda buried in the midst of all the DmC talk in the press release? The Playstation twitter post about it shows nothing about DMC4, either.
s0QlcOX.png

Hasney

"new custcene". Both the fact that it's singular and this should even be a bullet point shows me how much care they're putting into this.

Sephzilla

Honestly though DmC Remaster should probably outsell DMC4 though when you think about it. DmC actually serves to get some upgrades from a next-generation re-release while DMC4 really doesn't have anything new to offer since the original version was pretty optimized already - and the definitive version of DMC4 has been out for years already on PC.

I hope this doesn't end up burying real Dante.

Never played it. Any good GAF?
the combat flows really well with weapon switching and dual function grapple that allows you to pull an enemy towards you, or yourself towards an enemy. It makes for really fun chaining.

A few enemy designs kill the flow a bit but otherwise the combat is really good. The other highlight is the morphing level designs, makes for really fun traversal.

The dialog and story will be up to you, you will either despise it, or find it passable if a little cringeworthy. A few character moments stand out but are bogged down by some really really poorly written and designed scenes.

Pretty cool, but I can play these on my PC already. Might bit on DMC4 when it gets really cheap and want some trophies.

Now, if Tecmo announced Ninja Gaiden Trilogy HD for PS4, jesus fuck my dick would explode.

Kriken

Wait, there's a lock on feature now? Okay, kudos for that, that was something I really hated in DmC for not having it

Somnid

Couldn't even have the common courtesy to bundle them. Pricing sucks. How about allocating some money to new games Capcom?

Top Bottom